Miguel1

Jordan Peterson's license under threat.

43 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

He explicitly stated that he found a way to monetize social justice warriors.

He is being paid millions of dollars + fame to defend his idiotic positions.

At this point, he will say and do anything to keep receiving validation from his fans.

Narcissists often dominate social media, unfortunately. A lot of people on these shitty channels often don't believe what they preach, but they like taking money from those who do believe that.

Just like that Anita Sarkesian chick. I don't believe she was ever really a feminist, but she enjoyed the validation from a group of people who were.

@Recursoinominado if the university just let him be a teacher he wouldnt be in this position.

Of course he wants to thrive off the tears of his enemy.

Anyone would want to rub it in the faces of the people that tried to destroy them. that by trying to cancel him it only made him bigger and louder I don't think that nessasarily means he dosent beleive in what hes saying or doing it just pushes him further in the opposite direction because that is what is giving him pay offs therefore making him right. To him God is telling him he is doing good and giving him riches for doing it.

Edited by Hojo

8 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Recursoinominado if the university just let him be a teacher he wouldnt be in this position.

Of course he wants to thrive off the tears of his enemy.

Anyone would want to rub it in the faces of the people that tried to destroy them. that by trying to cancel him it only made him bigger and louder I don't think that nessasarily means he dosent beleive in what hes saying or doing it just pushes him further in the opposite direction because that is what is giving him pay offs therefore making him right. To him God is telling him he is doing good and giving him riches for doing it.

EVERY workplace has rules, and every profession has rules and ethics.

For someone who spends his life saying that people should take responsibility, he is for sure someone who hates taking responsibility for the unhinge shit he has been saying from the start.

He got famous by making a drama by refusing to comply with simple decency and call trans people how they want to be called.

He accused the "bad authoritarian government" of limiting his "free speech", screaming like a bitch about how he was going to be arrested for that and years later, NOTHING happened.

He makes his career by overblowing situations that only become a problem because of his own lunatic reactions to it.

On 29/08/2023 at 1:16 AM, Buck Edwards said:

Comparing Grande to JP is like comparing gold to dirt. 

They have both different platforms and purposes. Grande isn't at all political in his content.

Isn't it the case that freedom of speech does not exist in the Canadian founding documents? How can a Canadian plead freedom of speech protections?

I am unfamiliar with Canadian law so someone please enlighten us.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Tanz said:

They have both different platforms and purposes. Grande isn't at all political in his content.

Both have psychology in common. Grande's is pure refined unadulterated content whereas JPs looks like his own version of psychology mixed with his own biases and takes like pseudo psychology. He doesn't seem to count for clinical observations. More like a quack psychologist. 

@Buck Edwards Psychology goes into many branches and when you look at their purpose in life they are completely different.  Grande is not looking to shift a culture or change anything about people.  He analyzes individuals while JP is criticizing a culture or an ideology.     

If you want to make a more accurate comparison of contrasting people there is a sociology professor Sam Richards at Penn State

https://www.youtube.com/@SOC119

Sam has mentioned Peterson but has never really said anything negative about him

26 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

it doesn't adhere to professional standards.

It's problematic to limit psychology to current professional standards, otherwise it gets stuck in group-think.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's problematic to limit psychology to current professional standards, otherwise it gets stuck in group-think.

But there are certain rules in dsm. This is not academics. This is hard core science with empirical evidence. It cannot be formulated. It is based on facts. Jordan Peterson tries to manipulate information to suit his own beliefs and biases and introduces his own theory into everything without any real evidence to back it up with. I find that unethical and unprofessional. 

48 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Jordan Peterson tries to manipulate information to suit his own beliefs and biases and introduces his own theory into everything without any real evidence to back it up with. I find that unethical and unprofessional.

The entire universe which is created by you has created you to justify its/your own existence.  Your absolutest mindset is going to cause you to suffer in life and will create more people like JP without you even understanding it. 

The same ignorance that created JP is the same ignorance that created you, until you can understand what that means, youll fall into the same karma over and over again, and maybe youll eventually create someone worst than JP.  

@Buck Edwards If you don't exist then neither does JP, me or anyone.  Here is a good mental exercise: Where is your compassion where it's needed in the people that follow him.  Why are they following him? Why are you focused on him so much to feel a negative reaction?  Why aren't you helping them out better than him?  How do you play a part in all this?

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

This is not academics. This is hard core science with empirical evidence. It cannot be formulated. It is based on facts.

There is plenty of BS within this so-called "science" and "facts".

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is plenty of BS within this so-called "science" and "facts".

Plenty of BS with Jordan Peterson as well! Why is one BS better than another? Why am I supposed to consider Jordan as some kind of a new age revolutionary? Doyen? Why is he so popular? A single earth shattering thing he said, kindly remind me anything close to it. That guy is simply everywhere in the media like an Old Daddy, he is ridiculously famous for nothing. So he is revolutionizing Psychology by adding more bullshit to existing bullshit? Meh.

6 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Plenty of BS with Jordan Peterson as well! Why is one BS better than another?

Not better but that's the point of free speech.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:25 PM, Hojo said:

why did he decide to start dressing like a villian from batman

(Laughter) I was thinking the same thing. That jacket is a bit Joker-esque.

8 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

(Laughter) I was thinking the same thing. That jacket is a bit Joker-esque.

Joker archetype is a very valuable archetype. 

@Leo Gura After watching the video, I do feel very strongly about kids going through gender surgery and consenting to sex change before like 19 or 21. I feel they should not be able to do it or glorify this.

I watched your video on Jordon Peterson but you didn't address that point directly, what is your stance on this exactly and why? 

(GUYS, please don't argue about this to me, I just want to know his perspective that's all, not defend anything or debate anyone)

Edited by Vido