nhoktinvt

is life too comfortable ?

17 posts in this topic

unless you're homeless, broke, i think life too comfortable but still there are people think life is shit, maybe they have traumas or bad experiences, but that's ok (that's even good), that's life thrusting you to get out of the rut but will you do it ?

There is a nice balance to it. If you never do anything challenging, your life will become a challenge on its own.

Idk but I feel if live feels comfortable it’s because one might not be aware of the subtleties inside telling you something ain’t right which later will catch up to you in the form of something more intense and suddenly it gets very hard 

Edited by Sugarcoat

9 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

suddenly it gets very hard 

yea it be like that sometimes :)

2 minutes ago, nhoktinvt said:

yea it be like that sometimes :)

Idk what’s better honestly , feeling like something’s a bit off near constantly or oscillating between being very happy then unhappy

If you think life is too comfortable, you might just be bored and lack interesting challenge in your day-to-day.

11 minutes ago, nhoktinvt said:

u didn't get my joke about errection...

I thought about it actually the first split second but I thought it was just my own mind being dirty but guess not gotta trust those first instincts more ??

6 hours ago, nhoktinvt said:

unless you're homeless, broke, i think life too comfortable but still there are people think life is shit, maybe they have traumas or bad experiences, but that's ok (that's even good), that's life thrusting you to get out of the rut but will you do it ?

6 hours ago, universe said:

There is a nice balance to it. If you never do anything challenging, your life will become a challenge on its own.

It's a paradox then:, sometimes a person's  "problem" is that there he has no problems and life is too easy. So then there is no such thing a "no problems". 

@itsadistraction yes, because problems are illusions.

A very visceral and good illusion.

Practically, for a person who has developed themselves, life becomes easier than for a person who didn't.

It doesn't matter how comfortable your life is if you are willing to be responsible and honest. Comfort doesn't make you irresponsible, it just gives you the freedom to.

It gives you the freedom to desire and you desire for change. Which entails feeling that either you or your situation is not good enough. This inadequacy is a resistance that arised from that desire. Since you are irresponsible, you'll avoid dealing with this resistance, which manifests as laziness.

Another reason comfort can stagnate growth could be because what you consider growth is not what you really want. If you are responsible and authentic to yourself, even in the most comfortable situations, you'll head towards the direction that is best for your growth.

The only problem is that most people are not responsible or authentic to themselves, and as soon as they get a little comfortable, they let their desires run amok, instead of stabilizing yourself in the present moment beforehand.

There's no shame in seeking comfort or living comfortably, just be responsible and authentic to yourself.

One can argue that a person cannot achieve anything or get anywhere with this approach, but that's exactly what I am saying? Why would you want to get anywhere or achieve something in the first place if you feel fully adequate within? The only reason would either be for survival or for love. If it's for love, maybe for the world, you could work your ass off to become a Doctor. Trust me, you'll be a much better Doctor than the ones who become one because they felt inadequate inside.

Focusing on comfort or discomfort is the wrong approach.

well i agree that love is the goal, everything you do is about love even if it's comfy or not. you can't be a great doctor if you don't like doing it tho is that love ? maybe you should be more of a (the)rapist haha isn't that love ?

Edited by nhoktinvt

On 15/08/2023 at 10:08 PM, nhoktinvt said:

thats what ive been asking myself the last 10 years of my life... yeah, I do have hope that I will do it.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:08 PM, nhoktinvt said:

Awesome. There needs to be more people spreading this message. Something that is definitely worth going viral. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches.