Someone here

So i want to be become a muslim

109 posts in this topic

@Someone here https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/87176/having-non-muslim-friends 

"Al Tirmizi also reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam): “Do not befriend except a good believer and do not share your food except with a pious person”.  The interpreter of this last Hadith said: ‘What is meant is that one should not befriend the non-Muslims or the hypocrites as befriending them affects the religion badly"

https://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/34839/are-muslims-encouraged-to-read-the-bible-and-or-the-torah-why-or-why-not

"the major opinion among scholars seem discouraging reading books of other faiths and beliefs. I think it depends on the faith of the person and the intention, so one couldn't say it's generally prohibited or allowed."

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Islam-incompatible-with-Western-cultures-1

https://westernizationandislam.weebly.com/

Edited by Phil King

Hey man, it’s no shade on you, but you are kind of all over the place, one day you’re a zen master, one day you’ve had an awakening to no self solipsism, then one day you want to be a bachelor and fuck 100 women, and now you want to be a strict follower of Islam,

I honestly wish you the best of luck but truly man it seems as though you have no resolve, you speak of things like they are absolutes when the truth is you are going to change your mind tomorrow, and it’s not wrong to do this, consistency is good yes but only if you’re on the right path, 

I am just pointing this out to you out of compassion, I have kind of been on the same path, I had a lot of neo advaita energy and I still respect the message but I’ve done a great deal to integrate that into my life path and I exhausted that path it’s changed my life forever.

Spiritual traditions, the leo teachings and many of the other sages/gurus/divine guidance  I follow.

it just doesn’t seem like you are integrating things properly and it seems like you are running around in circles jumping from one promised land to another.

if you ask me, any religion that doesn’t value :

contemplation/meditation/introspection and exploration of consciousness for yourself devoid of dogma

is a piss poor one, as others have said,

why don’t you create your own religion?

Why be a follower?

Yes take influence but where is the guru in Islam?

At least in other traditions there is a guru that teaches from LIVED experience not some scripture. 

jesus is dead and can only help you metaphysically from my experience (Christian mystics are out their to learn from but they are rare)

buddha is dead and can only help you from beyond the physical (although the has created many masters)

same with Muhammad and Moses (good luck finding a Kabbalist or Sufi mystic these days)

but be careful dedicating your life to everything without proper contemplation.

If that’s all true to you in your experience than fine go down the rabbit hole, the Sufi mystics we’re quite awake at least in my opinion and Islam has done some wonderful things, but if you’re on this forum I think you know just how evil religion can also be on a practical human level.

Edited by Gidiot

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

The reason Islam has captured me is because Islam offers an answer for almost every thing : why is there good and evil? why are we here ?why me ,what happens next ,what's s life what's death who are we ?and all of these things

not good reasons. simple answers dont have to be correct answers. 

Edited by GLORY

15 minutes ago, GLORY said:

simple answers dont have to be correct answers. 

it gets more manipulative when these simple but wrong answers build a logical construct 

Nothing wrong with being Muslim. All this demonization against organized religion is unnecessary. Reality has something for everybody. The purpose of religion is to give a strong foundation and to give something to overcome in your Spiritual Journey. If he believes it will help him in his Spiritual Journey I say more power to him.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Phil King are you an ex-Muslim ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 hours ago, Gidiot said:

Hey man, it’s no shade on you, but you are kind of all over the place, one day you’re a zen master, one day you’ve had an awakening to no self solipsism, then one day you want to be a bachelor and fuck 100 women, and now you want to be a strict follower of Islam,

I honestly wish you the best of luck but truly man it seems as though you have no resolve, you speak of things like they are absolutes when the truth is you are going to change your mind tomorrow, and it’s not wrong to do this, consistency is good yes but only if you’re on the right path, 

I am just pointing this out to you out of compassion, I have kind of been on the same path, I had a lot of neo advaita energy and I still respect the message but I’ve done a great deal to integrate that into my life path and I exhausted that path it’s changed my life forever.

Spiritual traditions, the leo teachings and many of the other sages/gurus/divine guidance  I follow.

it just doesn’t seem like you are integrating things properly and it seems like you are running around in circles jumping from one promised land to another.

if you ask me, any religion that doesn’t value :

contemplation/meditation/introspection and exploration of consciousness for yourself devoid of dogma

is a piss poor one, as others have said,

why don’t you create your own religion?

Why be a follower?

Yes take influence but where is the guru in Islam?

At least in other traditions there is a guru that teaches from LIVED experience not some scripture. 

jesus is dead and can only help you metaphysically from my experience (Christian mystics are out their to learn from but they are rare)

buddha is dead and can only help you from beyond the physical (although the has created many masters)

same with Muhammad and Moses (good luck finding a Kabbalist or Sufi mystic these days)

but be careful dedicating your life to everything without proper contemplation.

If that’s all true to you in your experience than fine go down the rabbit hole, the Sufi mystics we’re quite awake at least in my opinion and Islam has done some wonderful things, but if you’re on this forum I think you know just how evil religion can also be on a practical human level.

You are absolutely  right.  I need to think this through before taking such decision.thanks .

I don't need Islamic guru btw . In Islam you follow the quran and the teachings/sayings of Muhammad and you don't deviate from them.

All other religions don't make any sense . Buddhism is almost atheism .and Christianity is ridiculous because of this whole trinity nonsense.  Hinduism believes in millions of gods . Only Islam makes sense .

-Osho

6 hours ago, GLORY said:

not good reasons. simple answers dont have to be correct answers. 

What do you mean "simple answers "?

The Qu’ran offers clear-cut answers to all big existential questions. 

And the concept of God In Islam is the only spiritual tradition that is so close to what Leo teaches. 

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Nothing wrong with being Muslim. All this demonization against organized religion is unnecessary. Reality has something for everybody. The purpose of religion is to give a strong foundation and to give something to overcome in your Spiritual Journey. If he believes it will help him in his Spiritual Journey I say more power to him.

Thanks man. 

-Osho

I live in Turkey, a predominantly Muslim country, and i've studied Islam from many different perspectives for a pretty long time. And I can tell you that there are, like, endless interpretations and perceptions on Islam, many many schools that think differently from each other. And that, of course, is pretty much what the situation is in almost all spiritual and religious teachings. 

1 minute ago, Sidra khan said:

Why you want that beta? Got a Muslim girl friend, were born Muslim? 

Nope .

I simply read the quran and learned about Islam and compared it with other religions .

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

I live in Turkey, a predominantly Muslim country, and i've studied Islam from many different perspectives for a pretty long time. And I can tell you that there are, like, endless interpretations and perceptions on Islam, many many schools that think differently from each other. And that, of course, is pretty much what the situation is in almost all spiritual and religious teachings. 

I'm aware of that . This is a predicament not exclusively for Islam.  All religions suffer from this .

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

So you weren't born Muslim?

No . I was born a Hindu. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

You are absolutely  right.  I need to think this through before taking such decision.thanks .

I don't need Islamic guru btw . In Islam you follow the quran and the teachings/sayings of Muhammad and you don't deviate from them.

All other religions don't make any sense . Buddhism is almost atheism .and Christianity is ridiculous because of this whole trinity nonsense.  Hinduism believes in millions of gods . Only Islam makes sense .

Buddhism does believe in God, the Nothingness they refer to, the Void is God. They just leave out the love aspect. Christianity makes sense with the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the Divine Feminine, The Father is the Masculine, and the Jesus represents YOU, which means YOU are Jesus when you awaken to Oneness you reach the State called Christ Consciousness which is just Oneness. It must be a sober baseline persistent state though.

Hinduism is not wrong....EVERYTHING is GOD. Saying Everything is God is the same as ONENESS. So the issue isn't the religions the issue is not properly interpreting the religions.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Buddhism does believe in God, the Nothingness they refer to, the Void is God. They just leave out the love aspect. Christianity makes sense with the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the Divine Feminine, The Father is the Masculine, and the Jesus represents YOU, which means YOU are Jesus when you awaken to Oneness you reach the State called Christ Consciousness which is just Oneness. It must be a sober baseline persistent state though.

Hinduism is not wrong....EVERYTHING is GOD. Saying Everything is God is the same as ONENESS. So the issue isn't the religions the issue is not properly interpreting the religions.

no. It is simply illogical because Islam says one thing: “There is one God and Muhammad is his messenger”.. and every other religion contradicts that statement. For example:

Hinduism: Many different avatars and gods and their idols are worshipped which goes against Islam’s teaching of One God and no idol-worshipping.

Christianity: They believe Jesus is the son of God. In Islam.. God does not have any sons or parents. Only complete monotheism.

Buddhism: They reject the Day of Judgement...and instead believe in a cycle of rebirth.

So.. as you can see all other religions are incompatible with Islam. You just cannot logically believe them to be equal because all of them contradict each other. Asking a Muslim to regard all religions as equal is like asking an astronomer to regard the heliocentric and geocentric models of the universe equally. It is simply illogical because they are mutually exclusive regardless of what anyone wants to think.

-Osho

33 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

That's cool, so you wanna be a Muslim with fresh mind, you'll be able to follow Islam better than original Muslims. 

If you can understand Hindi/Urdu than listen to Dr farhat hashmi's interpretation of Quran, and for basic teachings Nauman Ali khan, there are four fiqas 

Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i and Hanbali

Hanafi is rather better than the other three. Yet do what you like

Go to masjid, there is very strong pure energy that gives Peace and u can make mature connections.

I don't understand what you're saying mostly because you use Arabic language 

I don't understand Arabic. 

Would you replace these words with their English translation? 

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Check Seyyed Hossein Nasr. 

Who is him? 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

You are very knowledgeable when it comes to Spirituality. Not saying you are right in everything you say because Idk and no-one is ever 100% accurate especially when it comes to speaking about Reality, just in general, not because it sounds good but because I can tell the difference between you just talking out your ass and knowing what you're saying.

l'm glad you mentioned the Trinity part in his statement because I knew he had that wrong, but after reading your comment I didn't see the need to point that out and you did a better job of explaining that than I would have.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

If you were really inspired by the Qur'an, then I recommend you explore Sufism.

But please, I'm begging, don't convert to Islam. My family is Muslim and none of them do actual spiritual work, such as meditation. I wouldn't call them happy people, Muslim people are just heavily conditioned people who have been thoroughly conditioned by culture into adopting an ideology. They're no where closer to reaching God, enlightenment, etc...

And Islam is an ideology. To help you see through the seduction of ideology, I recommend you watch Leo's ideology video.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

41 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Check Seyyed Hossein Nasr. 

Who is Seyyed Hossein Nasr? I've heard and known about him before but can't seem to remember.

Oh I had this book : 

https://books.google.com.my/books/about/The_Study_Quran.html?id=GVSzBgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&gboemv=1&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Edited by Sabth