Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

meone knocks on the door and when I go to answer it no one is there and I hope a big ass spider crawls on my laptop screen and scares the shit outta me, and if I awaken in the morning still intact, I will know that I have nothing else to fear because I've faced my biggest fears and still I'm OK.

It is not scary, it is just so disturbing.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup, that's my plan.

Thanks!

Sending ❤️

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Is it really possible to understand the reality

It's possible to understand a lot of deep stuff. But even so a mystery remains.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It is not scary, it is just so disturbing.

I will watch then give my take after. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura what you mean by a mystery remains? Perhaps this is only understood when we die and leave this dream?

Edited by Greatnestwithin

57 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

We're afraid of dying, we're afraid of living, we're afraid of the aliens, the robots, afraid of each other, afraid of suffering, afraid of losing control, afraid of not knowing, afraid of getting lost, staying lost, afraid of poverty, afraid of getting rich, afraid of the boogeyman, afraid of angels, afraid of our thoughts, afraid of our emotions, afraid of our shadow, afraid of heights, spiders, and snakes, afraid of failure, afraid of success, afraid of receiving love, afraid of giving love..it never ends. Humans are afraid of everything.

Like what @Inliytened1 said  ..fear is what keeps you alive .if you didn't fear being hit by a bus you wouldn't look around to check if the road is safe to cross .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

44 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Killing the body is a trick, you don't need a knife to commit suicide.

Explain yourself. 

37 minutes ago, De Sade said:

Suffering is good.

It is never easy to understand why someone attempts suicide.. and the reasons are varied and complex. Often suicide involves emotional or physical pain that someone finds to be unbearable and leaves them feeling as if there is no escape. 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Like what @Inliytened1 said  ..fear is what keeps you alive .if you didn't fear being hit by a bus you wouldn't look around to check if the road is safe to cross .

There's a difference between being fearful and being cautious.

Like the Ying yang symbol we are around the bubble then we enter a bubble then we are around the bubble again

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You mean it in the sense that existence itself is a mystery by definition since it is infinite, right? like existence is trying to understand itself infinitely. Why does existence have that compulsion, and it doesn't just exist without so much difficult shit? Maybe just for fun? More because there is no choice. Infinity can't stop. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's a difference between being fearful and being cautious.

Of course.  There is also "creepiness "..which is the feeling people often associate with fear. It's somewhat different. The chill you feel on the back of your neck..or the urge to look away from something is "the creeps".

But Your mind doesn't know the difference. Its always analysing things "Is it a threat..or is it harmless?"

Most things that people are "scared" of.. just really creep them out. True fear isn't something that most people experience in their daily lives. But thats a privilege to live in a safe part of the world . It can be a huge eye-opener if you watch a documentary about how kids suffer in Africa for example. 

-Osho

38 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo Gura what you mean by a mystery remains?

God/Infinity is inescapably unknowable because it is inexhaustible and not fully comprehensible to a human mind.

30 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You mean it in the sense that existence itself is a mystery by definition since it is infinite, right?

Yes

like existence is trying to understand itself infinitely. Why does existence have that compulsion

Most of existence is not trying to understand anything. A rock is not trying to understand anything. A dog is not trying to understand anything. Even most humans are not seriously interested in understanding anything. So the desire to understand reality is quite a rare and precious thing.

But when it does, it's God trying to understand itself.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura But what about Solipsism? Under this paradigm most of reality is myself.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura But what about Solipsism? Under this paradigm most of reality is myself.

What's your point?

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A rock is not trying to understand anything. 

Maybe. But isn't that full fledged materialism?  To assume inanimate objects don't have understanding .or consciousness can only arise from brains.. then we can show that anything that doesn't have a brain is not consciousness. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe. But isn't that full fledged materialism?  To assume inanimate objects don't have understanding .or consciousness can only arise from brains.. then we can show that anything that doesn't have a brain is not consciousness. 

As I said, even most things with brains do not pursue the understanding of reality.

@Leo Gura Idk, at this point we just have to be I guess. Infinite self deception and all.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As I said, even most things with brains do not pursue the understanding of reality.

That's true . Cats and dogs and donkeys etc don't have an evolved brain cortex like what humans have.

So again..you are attributing the capacity to comprehend and the ability to understand to evolved brains like that of a human . I thought brains have nothing to do with understanding.

What is understanding anyways?  And why very few people like scientists and philosophers have curiousty to understand reality ?

I'm one of these few . In school I loved studying physics and chemistry etc.all other boys were only curious about video games and hitting on girls lol ..but me i was studying and thoroughly enjoyed it .

-Osho

You guys are too narrow minded and attached to logic. You think in infinity god won't create self aware intelligent dogs or  cats or even ants. Everything is possible. No brain required. Humans are intelligent as a pure magic trick of consciousness, a simulation. The brain is just a backstory that doesn't actually do anything. Where in direct experience is this brain working.

45 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Where in direct experience is this brain working.

Just say "thanks lord " for not having a tumor in your brain that makes you a pedophile .

-Osho