Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

All this demonstrates is that you didn't actually experience serious loss. You got lucky.

Consider a situation where you actually lose something serious and irreplaceable by your own doing.

This is powerful. I have many examples.

• Feminist 

5 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

The tradeoff seems to be the risk of getting stuck in a mindset of suffering, where you might get stuck in a neverending loop of suffering. 

We have to understand what suffering is, what its purpose is, what existence is, how existence materializes itself.  existence is the goddess kali, she laughs at suffering. suffering is love. nothing is forbidden, everything goes for the sake of greater complexity, greater evolution and greater art, and if your destiny is to be tortured for a year in the dungeons of the sultan son of a bitch, hallelujah for it. But as a human, I'm going to avoid suffering as much as I can, and feel real pity for who is suffering. 

Just now, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

This is powerful. I have many examples.

Well, you're still here. Life goes on. What is serious loss? Only if you think it's serious. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Too much spiritual bypassing going on here.

Amen.

Why so serious?

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This is why I try to broaden my horizons and contemplate things for myself. Make it make sense to me. Compare my experiences to the teachings. Go within. Somethings i go on by faith, some intuition, some logic, some reason, some by comparison and some I just ignore. I try to only listen to high quality content and subscribe to channels I resonate with. I will also listen to people I don't agree with to not just look for things to just reiterate my own beliefs. Overall, I try to put the pieces together, even though I'm aware of self-deception, the mind games and traps, but you gotta start somewhere.

Yeah, you need serious shadow work and meditation, and you need to find the balance in these, otherwise you end up getting lost in suffering or in a your imaginary la la land. 

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Contemplation and self honesty are very important, very very important. But you also should be surrendering to the stillness, to the inner peace and resonance, while contemplating, otherwise mind is so tricky to get you into a state of self torturing, hopelessness, fear, and so forth. 

So there should be a balance point we need to find, otherwise i also know and experience how torturous mind can be in convincing you that you are in a very bad situation and that you are truly fucked up, and things like that. 

Amen again.

Why so serious?

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

"Death" is certain, for the human. Why contemplate it to make changes for the future. Live your life now. Look at your signature....present moment..live in the present because that's all there is. 

Because death is inevitable.  When and if it ever  It come..it's gonna be the highlight of my life ..I want to die peacefully and eternally ...I realized nothing in this world of samsara can satisfy me .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

“Afterlife, oh my God, what an awe full word.. after all the hangers on are done hanging on in the dead light of the after glow… I’ve gotta know! Can we work it out? Scream and shout? Till we work it out?…. When love is gone where do we go?”

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

We have to understand what suffering is, what its purpose is, what existence is, how existence materializes itself.  existence is the goddess kali, she laughs at suffering. suffering is love. nothing is forbidden, everything goes for the sake of greater complexity, greater evolution and greater art, and if your destiny is to be tortured for a year in the dungeons of the sultan son of a bitch, hallelujah for it. But as a human, I'm going to avoid suffering as much as I can, and feel real pity for who is suffering. 

I don't think anyone is a real victim. Sometimes I myself also am feeling like everyone can find freedom and enlightenment, or whatever shit you call it, except me. Sometimes i'm feeling like i'm like the only one who is experiencing real pain that is just hopeless, you see. I think that is a pretty common theme of the human psyche. 

Just now, Vibroverse said:

I don't think anyone is a real victim. Sometimes I myself also am feeling like everyone can find freedom and enlightenment, or whatever shit you call it, except me. Sometimes i'm feeling like i'm like the only one who is experiencing real pain that is just hopeless, you see. I think that is a pretty common theme of the human psyche. 

It's an evolutionary issue. all pain has as its objective the creation of a movement that tends to escape from it, on an individual, collective and genetic level. the bad thing is when it's your turn to be buried in an anthill while the tribe laughs

Just now, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, you need serious shadow work and meditation, and you need to find the balance in these, otherwise you end up getting lost in suffering or in a your imaginary la la land. 

Please, I'm already in lala land. I don't need serious anything, nor do I need shadow work. I'm already perfectly made in the image of God. Anything otherwise is saying God isn't perfect. I just need to change my way of thinking. My thinking patterns will change when I change my frequency and I will start to vibrate higher towards the love frequency. I have already gotten beyond myself. There's nothing to do but just be. Whomever/whatever I chose. If I choose to do nothing, then so be it. If I chose to do whatever, then so be it. If I suffer, then so be it, if I'm happy, sad, miserable, joyful, angry, frustrated...whatever state, then so be it. Those are passing. The only thing remains is who I truly am, I welcome suffering because I know it's not who I am. It's a fucking state. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Please, I'm already in lala land. I don't need serious anything, nor do I need shadow work. I'm already perfectly made in the image of God. Anything otherwise is saying God isn't perfect. I just need to change my way of thinking. My thinking patterns will change when I change my frequency and I will start to vibrate higher towards the love frequency. I have already gotten beyond myself. There's nothing to do but just be. Whomever/whatever I chose. If I choose to do nothing, then so be it. If I chose to do whatever, then so be it. If I suffer, then so be it, if I'm happy, sad, miserable, joyful, angry, frustrated...whatever state, then so be it. Those are passing. The only thing remains is who I truly am, I welcome suffering because I know it's not who I am. It's a fucking state. 

Shadow work is not necessarily that you get yourself stuck in the shadow and then try to find your way out. Shadow work simply is accepting where you are and surrendering into it. And that might be a way of truly attuning your frequency to the frequency of your true self, instead of sticking a happy face sticker on your gas gauge, so to speak. And, sure, if you don't feel like you need to do it, then don't, but still be aware of your possible self deceptions. I mean there might be points in your life where you are trying to run away from yourself. 

"I was in great suffering, then suddenly I awakened. Now I am at perfect peace 24/7."

I remember the first chapter of the power of now was something like that lol. Of course I exaggerated a bit, but it was basically that.
I think this idea of awakening or enlightenment is held by many people, partly because this is how it's sold.

I'd imagine if you made the external conditions bad enough for these so-called enlightened beings, or their internal conditions by changing their brain chemistry with drugs, you could make them suffer a lot and increase their fear of death.

Is it possible to transcend the fear of death? Maybe, but I don't think you can be human and do that.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It's an evolutionary issue. all pain has as its objective the creation of a movement that tends to escape from it, on an individual, collective and genetic level. the bad thing is when it's your turn to be buried in an anthill while the tribe laughs

Yeah, sometimes i'm like "isn't it my time to be buried and disappear forever in nothingness yet" haha. 

Edited by Vibroverse

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Exactly. the reason for mental suffering is to push us to realize that. After, let's dance. 

1 minute ago, ItsNick said:

I remember the first chapter of the power of now was something like that lol. Of course I exaggerated a bit, but it was basically that.
I think this idea of awakening or enlightenment is held by many people, partly because this is how it's sold.

I'd imagine if you made the external conditions bad enough for these so-called enlightened beings, or their internal conditions by changing their brain chemistry with drugs, you could make them suffer a lot and increase their fear of death.

Is it possible to transcend the fear of death? Maybe, but I don't think you can be human and do that.

Good observation. It is easy to think that you are awakened when you are living in a peaceful environment. If you send them to a hard environment, their socalled awakenedness would come to end, haha. 

1 minute ago, Vibroverse said:

Shadow work is not necessarily that you get yourself stuck in the shadow and then try to find your way out. Shadow work simply is accepting where you are and surrendering into it. And that might be a way of truly attuning your frequency to the frequency of your true self, instead of sticking a happy face sticker on your gas gauge, so to speak. And, sure, if you don't feel like you need to do it, then don't, but still be aware of your possible self deceptions. I mean there might be points in your life where you are trying to run away from yourself. 

I understand what you're saying. I've accepted where I am and have surrendered to it. I don't have a happy face sticker on. Whatever state I'm in I'm in, then I deal with it until the next state comes, then I deal with that too. I don't anticipate them. They come and they go. I don't dwell there. How can I run away from something I can't find. 

18 minutes ago, ItsNick said:

"I was in great suffering, then suddenly I awakened. Now I am at perfect peace 24/7."

Keep in mind that Tolle was at levels of suffering where he was on the brink of killing himself.

That kind of suffering, in itself, will teach you many powerful lessons. But it's also quite dangerous to go that far. There's no guarantee you won't just kill yourself rather than awaken. So hoping to copy Tolle's path is likely to end in disaster. I would rather you guys don't go down that path. Which is why we're having this discussion.

You have to really consider the cost paid to attain certain spiritual attainments. The suffering and risk to attain it might not be worth it. Or at least it's something you should seriously contemplate. Because the way most people frame it is like this: I will do some peaceful meditation and awaken like Tolle. But they leave out the insane suffering which was essential to his path. If you consider the Buddha's story, his suffering was also very intense.

So you have to ask yourself, how much suffering am I willing to endure in order to reach the so-called end of suffering? And what if I endure all that suffering and never reach the end?

There is probably some correlation between how deeply you suffer and how deeply you awaken, such that the really deep awakenings cost so much in suffering that very few people end up paying that price. And many people who end up paying the price but never awakening. Cause there's no guarantees that your suffering will turn out as well as Tolle or the Buddha. It could just turn into a typical hellish life and suicide.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I recommend everyone to watch the movie mentioned in this post. Maybe it will be an eye opener for you on suffering.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I recommend everyone to watch the movie mentioned in this post

What's the name of the movie. Don't feel like going through all that.