StarStruck

Would you love to get old?

11 posts in this topic

How old would you like to be?

Personally I’m resent being old and I don’t know what to do if I would turn in such a vegetable:

Personally I think the age of 70-79 is perfect. You still have some autonomy and you can still do some fun stuff. After 80 you just turn into a nuisance for yourself and for others and a drain for society at large. 

I have a very healthy lifestyle in terms of nutrition and activities but perhaps I will change my lifestyle to an unhealthy one when I reach death to avoid being the guy in the video. 

As long as I'm relatively functional.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

The more interesting question in my opinion is what‘s the underlying condition/state of consciousness of an organism asking such a question?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

i think this man is mummifying his body while hes still in it on purpose

My grandfather is 90+ years old. Had married two wife but both had died before him. It's only in recent years that he was not able to walk (bedridden) but are still relatively healthy. I don't know about aging but I do wanna get old. 

It's just life.

@StarStruck Death, and aging are one of the key reasons I find spirituality so important.

Personally I would like to live as long as I can. But only if i have some mastery of spirituality.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

How old would you like to be?

Personally I’m resent being old and I don’t know what to do if I would turn in such a vegetable:

Personally I think the age of 70-79 is perfect. You still have some autonomy and you can still do some fun stuff. After 80 you just turn into a nuisance for yourself and for others and a drain for society at large. 

I have a very healthy lifestyle in terms of nutrition and activities but perhaps I will change my lifestyle to an unhealthy one when I reach death to avoid being the guy in the video. 

That this body is still alive is pretty incredible, thought it was fake at first lmao. 

When it comes to your practical life, maybe growing as old as 80 is a good goal. Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger in Age 76 still lifting and being super fit. You can still live good and be active in old age when you take care of yourself.

But yeah when me body gives up I probably only find deep satisfaction in the spiritual domain. 

7 hours ago, Nilsi said:

The more interesting question in my opinion is what‘s the underlying condition/state of consciousness of an organism asking such a question?

You already know the answer :)

I’m 27, physically look 19, and feel like both a 15 year old and a 50 year old.

I’m all over the place!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

i came to do one thing then what matters life?

do what you came for then ask the question

On 2023-08-11 at 7:11 PM, StarStruck said:

I bet there are quicker more effective ways of ending things if you want to avoid that ?