Something Funny

Feeling Weird After Oatmeal

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, integral said:

I think its the insoluble fibre causing issues, same thing happens to me even when i was very young and healthy. 

There are many, many foods with high insoluable fiber content.
In fact it's basically unbiquitous. 
If this was the case, he would have reported similar issues with other food - dont you think?

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 minutes ago, undeather said:

There are many, many foods with high insoluable fiber content.
In fact it's basically unbiquitous. 
If this was the case, he would have reported similar issues with other food - dont you think?

I think what's happening is the insoluble fibre and how shows up in oat meal apposed to other foods creates a substance/texture that makes it hard to digest. Maybe it has nothing to do with fibre just the oat meal is difficult of the body to breakdown spiking stress levels.

It also strange to think that his glucose is a problem when other foods dont trigger the same problem for him only oatmeal.

Im speaking from experience with oatmeal my entire life, it creates stress when digesting and I absolutely never had glucose problems.

Unless oatmeal has a unique effect on blood glucose that most high sugar foods dont. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I think there is a away to improve digestion if the oatmeal is mixed maybe with apples? Not sure what the best mix is, but it makes it easier to digest preventing the stress response. Maybe something in the oatmeal is being broken down by the apple enzymes i have no idea lol

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

16 minutes ago, integral said:

I think what's happening is the insoluble fibre and how shows up in oat meal apposed to other foods creates a substance/texture that makes it hard to digest. Maybe it has nothing to do with fibre just the oat meal is difficult of the body to breakdown spiking stress levels.

It also strange to think that his glucose is a problem when other foods dont trigger the same problem for him only oatmeal.

Im speaking from experience with oatmeal my entire life, it creates stress when digesting and I absolutely never had glucose problems.

Unless oatmeal has a unique effect on blood glucose that most high sugar foods dont. 

Some people experience a pretty strong glycaemic response from eating oats.
Processing plays a big part as well, with rolled oats having the lowest index.
I agree, it's pretty unusual but his symptoms would be in line with it. 

Glucose metabolism can be weird and highly individual. I have seen diabetics who could induldge on certain forms of sugar almost ad infinitum while others would put them into a diabetic coma. That's why he should test it.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather It makes sense, lets see his results. I went into a phase where I was obsessed with testing my blood sugar after eating or when feeling bad after eating and it was always normal, nothing crazy. Then I gave up on that and focused on other things to try to figure things out. 

Edited by integral

Lots of oatmeal on the market are laced with pesticides and round-up especially Quaker Oats. Bob's Red Mill is a better brand and even then some are still laden with pesticides just have to know which ones to choose. Idk where you're from so its hard to recommend, but I can attest to used to feeling funny myself after eating it and then learnt the truth about how oatmeal is produced and processed.  Then i switched brands. Stay away from Quaker Oats.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

That's why I blend my oatmeal with fruit and protein powder, I had some bad reactions to it when I was eating it In It's raw form.

1 hour ago, Sidra khan said:

Cz it enhances both your skin quality and poop quality. You get shiny bright white skin and smooth, light weight poop. Just a few spoons gives enough energy you don't go through post prandial somnolence. But cook it in fresh milk, and eat with fresh bananas ? super tasty and super healthy.

How is the texture? You tried "raw" (overnight porridge) ? :P

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

30 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lots of oatmeal on the market are laced with pesticides and round-up especially Quaker Oats. Bob's Red Mill is a better brand and even then some are still laden with pesticides just have to know which ones to choose. Idk where you're from so its hard to recommend, but I can attest to used to feeling funny myself after eating it and then learnt the truth about how oatmeal is produced and processed.  Then i switched brands. Stay away from Quaker Oats.

I am from Poland and there is no quacker oats. But it's still an interesting point.

4 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

I am from Poland and there is no quacker oats. But it's still an interesting point.

?

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Now that I think about it I'll quit oatmeal too, It looks way too dead of a food. Its taste reminds me of the smell of mixtures my grandfather fed pigs with. I believe that most healthy diets can be made Instinctually, and my Instinct is telling me that I don't want to eat oatmeal everyday.

Edited by MarkKol

You already tested the blood sugar. Could just be the fiber. I like to eat my oats really watery, and don't really eat them very often regardless.  Blood sugar was my first thought, LOL.

As far as foods being "dead" foods well, every fruit and vegetable we eat is unrecognizable from forms we've had thousands of years ago due to selective breeding. I used to get really caught up in eating "natural" and alternative health but not so much. I just avoid excessive refined carbohydrates now, due to their addictive nature. I have to set habits or my addictions will take over.

Edited by sholomar

On 13/08/2023 at 9:45 PM, MarkKol said:

That's why I blend my oatmeal with fruit and protein powder, I had some bad reactions to it when I was eating it In It's raw form

is it working better for you now that you do it this way? I recall we had this conversation on another thread

13 hours ago, sholomar said:

You already tested the blood sugar. Could just be the fiber

I don't think he has tested tho - @Something Funny did you have your blood glucose and A1C investigated? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 no, I did not. I know it's probably not that compicated and expensive but I still have a lot on my plate at the moment.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

is it working better for you now that you do it this way? I recall we had this conversation on another thread

I'm experimenting, I blended 50g of oats today and I didn't feel bad. I have really bad sleep because of work so I never know If It's the oats or something else. I'll continue to do 50g for weight gain purposes, blending oats is definitely better for me.