Jayson G

Leo, Your Apology

94 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2023 at 1:41 AM, Inliytened1 said:

I'm glad I got a chuckle then :)

I was just playing with you because I like you.   So I will only apologize if you think it's the mature thing to do. :)

I actualy don't know if you are enlightened or not.  You could be.  We've grown together through the years.  You weren't back then...but time has passed.  I'm glad we are on this journey together brother.  

I chuckle quite a bit at the stuff I read on this forum because I don't take the back and forth chattering all that seriously and I don't take it personally. It's just people doing people things, the ego is a sneaky facet of our psychology and it exerts influence on our perceptions and behaviors in ways that are often difficult to suss out.

I began my journey decades ago, before there was even an internet so I spent alot of time face to face with people on a spiritual journey in quite an array of communities. I learned that people could adopt a 'glowy' disposition and have all the spiritual jargon and rhetoric on their lips but still not have an authentic experience of what they are portraying.

Online now someone doesn't even have to have that 'glowy' disposition, they can just line up the words in text that fits the discourse and seem like they are something but behind the keyboard in their own inner life they aren't. So when you say you know someone is or isn't, insert your favorite bull crap spiritual term, you are just imagining you do.

You really don't know it. It's helpful to realize that our perceptions of others may not be accurate, we don't know what's going on with their inner life and to believe we do is only in our mind. We can get some insight through the words they use but again, online people can write words that may not reflect what really is.

Speaking of words, especially spiritual ones like 'enlightened', are abused to the point they may not be useful anymore. I know from direct experience that there are a few different facets of inner work and that don't necessarily correlate with each other. How these different words apply to those different facets is a vague and subjective thing.

So, saying that someone is or isn't something using one of these spiritual terms, especially online, is more about projection of one's own contextual understanding and through the veil of subjective perception. You just don't know, making claims about others with regard to the state of their inner work is a fruitless endeavor other than food for ego.

You don't need to apologize for anything and after further contemplation it actually seems like it can be helpful going through this rhetorical dance as I called it. There can be benefit to others reading our exchanges in learning that saying others are or aren't one of these spiritual terms is useless except to ego. That exercise may have value.

It's great to see Leo chimed in to clarify his intent for the apology...of course, words said on the internet don't necessarily portray reality accurately. Haha

8 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

So sorry not sorry? 

No, I clearly said what I was apologizing for. There may be other apologies in the future for other things. But I need to be clear about when I apologize because disgruntled people may project into that all sorts of things which I may not mean.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:45 PM, Leo Gura said:

The purpose of the apology was to correct in peoples' minds the notion that your feelings do not matter. I didn't want that to be a point about which people were misled.

Yup, all feelings are valid! Including yours. I hope you’re feeling alright.

On 8/6/2023 at 4:21 PM, Leo Gura said:

No, I clearly said what I was apologizing for. There may be other apologies in the future for other things. But I need to be clear about when I apologize because disgruntled people may project into that all sorts of things which I may not mean.

I just wanted to probe into you to see if it was sincere or if it came from selfishness.   Clearly it was indeed sincere 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I just wanted to probe into you to see if it was sincere or if it came from selfishness.   Clearly it was indeed sincere 

Or maybe I tricked you.

I am more tricky than you will ever be ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Or maybe I tricked you.

I am more tricky than you will ever be ;)

Perhaps.   Or perhaps you are just growing up. Forget not that I have more than a decade on you.  You are brilliant- but still, I am God. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Perhaps.   Or perhaps you are just growing up. Forger not that I have more than a decade on you.  You are brilliant- but I am God. 

LOL....look at this rivalry!!! I love it!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

LOL....look at this rivalry!!! I love it!!

I would hope so.  You are imagining every word said here.   You invented both of us.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I'm sorry for your pain @Leo Gura

Would you say on the body level you are going from the mind (intelectual) to the heart (feeling)?

I feel like it's a virus that was implanted in us (by us /internet), we are so hard and speak so harshly with ourselves, this reflects on how we talk to people of course.

I ask you because after two years recording videos for my channel, I found myself stuck because of how I use my words and speak my truth, and sometimes (actually most of the time) don't think about how people will feel when receiving it. My work lacks love and compassion, and I see that we as humans flower if given enough love.

I have a deep need to be in community right now, but it's a battle because I enjoy my solitude and internal explorations. 

Open to hearing other peoples opinions on the topic also :)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@MsNobody I actually don’t find Leo harsh at all. Just because he’s not Matt Kahn doesn’t mean he’s uncaring. I think there’s a loud minority who’s telling him he is not compassionate. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

26 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

after two years recording videos for my channel, I found myself stuck because of how I use my words and speak my truth, and sometimes (actually most of the time) don't think about how people will feel when receiving it. My work lacks love and compassion, and I see that we as humans flower if given enough love.

Speaking in a compassionate, loving way is helpful. However, what we tend to lack is a deep understanding of the whole human experience. Most of us learn to treat others lovingly, yet we’re not taught to also love and understand ugly truths.

When our perspective and experience is narrow, so is our impact on others. No amount of manipulating words can substitute for deep integration.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, MsNobody said:

Would you say on the body level you are going from the mind (intelectual) to the heart (feeling)?

I don't frame it that way. I frame it all as mind. Mind can be immature or mature. Mind can become more evolved and more self-aware, which leads to more compassion.

On 02/08/2023 at 11:23 AM, Jayson G said:

Just wanted to say @Leo Gura, this post means a lot. I'm not the one to get in arguments with you and all that, but you've been literally my hero these past 8 years, and past few years I always had a fear before posting that "just don't get yelled at by someone you look up to a lot"  .. but also even if your behaviors don't change immediately, the thought really does count, just knowing that you're trying is enough for me. What more can anyone expect? You're human too. Humans are messy by nature. 

I can't speak for others who have faced harsher replies, but I think we all know deep down you care a lot, more than you realize, about the actualized community, and the individuals. You take the time to individually reply to us, to look at our circumstances. To be truthful as best as you can, and pour your heart out in your videos. 

Nothing about this is easy. 

And lastly, I hope whatever deep suffering you're going through at the moment, is manageable and you're able to come out strong. I don't know what to make out of "deep suffering" but just that I, we, care and hope you're doing well. 

I second this

@Leo Gura, I want to express to you my profound gratitude, love, and hype for this return to Humanity you are trying to make !

It is great to know that your are "back on our side" so to speak. Your aventures in extreme states of consciousness have probably reached the limits that human beings can atain. This was a worthy contribution. You must have found wild treasure beyond what I can imagine. So I am very hyped that now you will try to include, use, and share them for the benefit of humanity. This "come back" to the human tribe and sharing is truly heroic. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as the treasure hunting ahah.

I have listened to all of your videos and taken the LP course, and it transformed my life for the better. But I also have fallen into the trap of transcendance to the detriment of inclusion, and suffered because of it (burnout, physical illness,....). Latly I listened less and less to your recent videos as I was seeing in my life that the infinit quest for infite/absolut insight was throwing me out of balance. I was starting to accept that you had chosen a path that departed from mine and that I would not recieve as much guidance by the OG hero-sage... but my man you seems to still be in the game ! Thats so nice, I am hype to see what will be comming, but also to see you find back your ballance and flourish as a human being !

You have my deepest gratitude bro.

If you want to connect to a fellow adventurer on this Journey of life please send me a message, I would gladly be there for you if you want some human connection, support and sharing (from somone that understand in part what you feel and think). 

Best recovery to you !