Oliver Wright

How to sleep 2-4 hours per day

139 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Are those the only kind of people that psychedelics wouldn't work.

Obviously you need some clearance from the medical side if you want to do anything.

And also stage blue people may have too much dogma that they wouldn't benefit from it. Everyone else should be okay with it, with consent of course. 

You need more information and on psychedelics. You're being too black and white om it.

21 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

And also stage blue people may have too much dogma that they wouldn't benefit from it. Everyone else should be okay with it, with consent of course. 

I can assure you that even if they could take them, they wouldn’t. I have many family members who are really dogmatic and think that drugs come from the devil. 

Besides alcohol. Apparently alcohol is ok for some reason, maybe because they also drink it at church. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 minutes ago, Benton said:

@Yimpa Respect to you for that brother

Thank you. The research on psychedelics and substances (like cannabis) for mental health conditions is criminally scarce. Despite that, I ain’t gonna wait for science to catch, but at the same time I’m not going to be reckless about how I use them xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Thank you. The research on psychedelics and substances (like cannabis) for mental health conditions is criminally scarce. Despite that, I ain’t gonna wait for science to catch, but at the same time I’m not going to be reckless about how I use them xD

Ok done. I will have to create a thread on psychedelics and mental health. I need research. Too much confusion around this topic and severe lack of awareness. 

@Yimpa I have severe mental illness and high  autism and substance abuse issues. So I have to be outrightly careful about how I'll use psychedelics. 

I have Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and they have worked really great so far. 

But venturing on other stuff is still something I'm contemplating. 

4 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

I have severe mental illness and high  autism and substance abuse issues.

Perhaps don't do psychedelics at all until you have cleared up some of those issues through more traditional methods.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

For me meditation and shaktipat works. So I don't do psychedelics as it, given all my conditions, it might be a bit risky

Yes it would be risky.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

You need more information and on psychedelics. You're being too black and white om it.

It is black and white. If you want to get a drivers licence, then you need to prove yourself medically fit for it.

We all know that. Psychedelics wouldn't be an exception. It's understood that you need to be physically and mentally fit. It's assumed that you are already fit.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I can assure you that even if they could take them, they wouldn’t. I have many family members who are really dogmatic and think that drugs come from the devil. 

Besides alcohol. Apparently alcohol is ok for some reason, maybe because they also drink it at church. 

Lol. Not everyone should be taking them anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

It is black and white. If you want to get a drivers licence, then you need to prove yourself medically fit for it.

We all know that. Psychedelics wouldn't be an exception. It's understood that you need to be physically and mentally fit. It's assumed that you are already fit.

You're wrong about it. A lot of people don't know that. 

22 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

You're wrong about it. A lot of people don't know that. 

They should know about it before taking it. 

Ignorance is not an excuse or virtue. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

29 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

They should know about it before taking it. 

Ignorance is not an excuse or virtue. 

You're being judgemental. Maybe take a step back. People need awareness. There is little awareness about psychedelics. It's not people's fault. Psychedelics is a field that is largely unexplored. 

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The point is that even if he is not doing that it doesn't say anything about his understanding of consciousness.

You can train yourself to act moral and pious without actually being very conscious. That's what Buddhists tend to do. It's a brute force behavioral training. Like training a dog to follow.

Is not about forcing yourself because of morality.

Is about if your baseline level of consciousness and energy is in a certain way, the desire and craving of sex is just not really there. 

@Leo Gura seems to me that What you are talking about is that classical forced renunciation of sex like happens in Christianity or in Buddhist as you say (or in any person that goes to an ashram for that matter). Of course I agree in that sense... probably a good chunk of those people are horny as fuck (although I believe reducing habitual stimuli has to influence in being less horny)

Edited by Javfly33

@Javfly33 Some very advanced people can transcend their sexual cravings, but it's not the focus of this work.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Javfly33 Some very advanced people can transcend their sexual cravings, but it's not the focus of this work.

Of what work?

15 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Of what work?

I would say all of spirituality.

You don't need to become asexual to be spiritual. I don't like planting that idea in people's minds. Especially young people. Go have sex in a reasonable, healthy way. Denying your sex drive can turn into a big waste of time.

Edited by Leo Gura

Sexual transmutation has a huge price, but the prize you get in return is equally huge. It is not about becoming asexual at all.

Edited by StarStruck

On 7/31/2023 at 8:02 PM, Oliver Wright said:

Hello all

I am wondering how to reduce one's sleep quota... I have heard of possibilities of being able to reduce sleep quota through eating and perhaps yoga / consciousness work.

Anybody got any useful methods.

With kriya you won't need to sleep. Kriya can be done in lieu of sleep.  

• Feminist