Someone here

Accept God in its all gory details

85 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Was it good that I had an abusive father, that's absolute goodness. To whom exactly? I doubt anyone on earth would argue that's good. It's good only for god. If god is literally willing it over the opinions of all living beings, that to me makes god extremely selfish. If god were good, he wouldn't make an abusive father because it promotes the well being of all living beings. Shouldn't god care more about its creations than it does itself if it were selfless???

its precisely because god is good that he created that abusive father . You see ..an abusive father is a potential possibility within infinity ..and its yelling at god (metaphor):"created me ..please ". And god won't be good  if he didn't allow for that possibility to exist. And existence is better than nonexistence. 

32 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:
17 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

That argument would only hold, IF the one who has the experience is also on a conscious level the one who creates the experience.

Which is obviously not the case.

It is the case .you are creating reality just like how you create your dreams at night . 

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

What happens is what reality imagines, so if reality imagines that you can't enjoy depression then you can't do anything about it.

On a practical level you can, but not on a metaphysical level

My point is that yes ..depression and negative emotions are inevitable.  But you are only doubling down on them when you view them  with negativity instead of being artistic in your approach and treat even the worst kind of sadness a gift from God.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Remember i said God is infinite intelligence so it does not do anything simply to torture you.   Perhaps these experiences- while cruel to the ego - have helped you to be more compassionate for others - or it has helped you grow in some other way.  Or perhaps it helped someone else grow and not you.  It's hard to say why your father was abusive but that is only because you are only seeing the world from a finite perspective and because it caused the ego some type of anguish.

But why isn't reality structured such that you can get these good things without having to suffer? 

That would be goodness

30 minutes ago, Someone here said:

its precisely because god is good that he created that abusive father . You see ..an abusive father is a potential possibility within infinity ..and its yelling at god (metaphor):"created me ..please ". And god won't be good  if he didn't allow for that possibility to exist. And existence is better than nonexistence. 

It is the case .you are creating reality just like how you create your dreams at night . 

My point is that yes ..depression and negative emotions are inevitable.  But you are only doubling down on them when you view them  with negativity instead of being artistic in your approach and treat even the worst kind of sadness a gift from God.  

I was a possibility in the potential infinity and I am yelling at god "why have you created me, you should have never created me" and so are an infinity of other beings

30 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's not happening consciously and deliberately.

Your argument was that reality is good because it can decide what to create and therefore creates only good.

But that is undermined if the one who experiences doesn't consciously and intentionally creates the experience..

2 hours ago, Holykael said:

I was a possibility in the potential infinity and I am yelling at god "why have you created me, you should have never created me" and so are an infinity of other beings

If that was the case you couldn't exist. But here you are existing. Therefore you did want to be created. 

3 hours ago, GreenWoods said:
2 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

It's not happening consciously and deliberately.

Your argument was that reality is good because it can decide what to create and therefore creates only good.

But that is undermined if the one who experiences doesn't consciously and intentionally creates the experience..

What makes you think you are not consciously creating existence?  Inspect any object around you ..aren't you projecting it out if your eyes as you look at it ? Science literally tells us that conscious observation creates reality .

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@GreenWoods reality is structured this way to make it real- and juicy.   If someone just gave you the cheat codes it wouldn't be real.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Reduce your absolute/relative pain and increase your absolute/relative pleasure, this is all we do as far as I know, the rest are the specific details that happen to align with this goal, any questions?

@seriousman24 it's interesting- because everything is absolutely relative....meaning the only Absolute is that things are relative.   And yet - something doesn't sit right with me on that.  A baby being raped may be Love in terms of it all being one, but there is something inheritently not Good there.  The part relative to the human.  Oh my God.  It's totally relative and it's all Love in the Absolute sense.  And yet - God will show mercy.  God will not let you suffer eternally.   The longer the suffering - the greater the liberation.   The higher the cost, the bigger the payoff.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 It's absolute love in imagination which is why we need time to think about it, when love is real in the relative it doesn't take additional time to enjoy the experience but we do need time to change both bad and good experiences until we master the relative/absolute, then we should be able to have both.
When an experience is overwhelmingly enjoyable we want it to last as long as possible and we usually need an external stimulant/situation to facilitate it's continuity but in an overwhelmingly bad experience we'll naturally try to speed it up as fast as possible, because we live in time, when we speed one thing up we reduce it's quantity.
When you're trying to escape a bad experience you'll inadvertently speed up some of the very small bits of that experience that could/are good that you could use to escape the situation, you'd have to slow down and grab anything remotely good in that speed up of the main part of the bad experience that you need/want to reduce and slow it down, but when you slow down a particular part that does have the tiniest amount of good in that bad experience you need to be skillful because you're already speeding up so much that this tiniest amount of good in that bad experience also has some even tinier bad bits that you can't afford to accelerate until you stabilize.
This isn't everything but I can generalize anything this way.

Being one means all the lines of individual sensations are connected so while a particular individual might suffer from a particular experience due to it's individuality, another individual might benefit from his bad experience unintentionally, so even though they are connected one suffers and the other enjoys/benefits, this is seemingly being worked on by having general laws of physics that apply the same way at a basic level and simultaneously allowing an individual existence, I need more stimulation to attempt to provide a satisfactory explanation that would still be incomplete.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@seriousman24 it's interesting- because everything is absolutely relative....meaning the only Absolute is that things are relative.   And yet - something doesn't sit right with me on that.  A baby being raped may be Love in terms of it all being one, but there is something inheritently not Good there.  The part relative to the human.  Oh my God.  It's totally relative and it's all Love in the Absolute sense.  And yet - God will show mercy.  God will not let you suffer eternally.   The longer the suffering - the greater the liberation.   The higher the cost, the bigger the payoff.

God is ABSOLUTELY INFINITE! 

Do you fathom this? 

There is INFINITE deepness. It goes on forever. In all directions and all dimensions. Every fucking detail of every fucking thing in every single fucking place or time or different dimension...... Exists.  Do you fathom this? Ofcourse no. I don't as well. As much. 

Just as a cute example... There are infinite more colors than you can see now in this current dimension.

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

God is ABSOLUTELY INFINITE! 

Do you fathom this? 

There is INFINITE deepness. It goes on forever. In all directions and all dimensions. Every fucking detail of every fucking thing in every single fucking place or time or different dimension...... Exists.  Do you fathom this? Ofcourse no. I don't as well. As much. 

At the same time it is nothing - and it exists nowhere. This is the ultimate mindfuck.  You ARE Infinity.  So if you don't imagine it - it doesn't exist.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I have no idea why I’m laughing while reading all these comments. It’s making my day :)

I’m also reading them in reverse order

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I have no idea why I’m laughing while reading all these comments. It’s making my day :)

I know, right. I'm sitting here reading the whole thing too. Lost in it all, saying to myself how magnificent God is to be so powerfully capable of doing this to itself. If you want proof that you're God, just read this thread because the egoic mind couldn't make this shit up on its own. This is how powerful God is. It's able to do whatever it wants and be whatever it wants in any given moment. It's will. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

I kinda beleive holykeal because we aren't in control I didn't choose to wake up and it make me happy. It just happened and I didn't choose to be sad I just made myself that way. I don't even know if what I'm doing is me or sim. I just have up but I don't even know if I was in control of giving up. Everytime I see God it feels like a robot. It feels like I'm a sim of God but got is an infinity sim

Its like I AM SAD. WHAT IS SADNESS. I AM SADNESS. Then it just is sadness

(In robot voice)

But there's gotta be a way to understand the sim

Edited by Hojo

@Someone here Direct experience or intellectual theorising?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, seriousman24 said:

@Inliytened1 It's absolute love in imagination which is why we need time to think about it, when love is real in the relative it doesn't take additional time to enjoy the experience but we do need time to change both bad and good experiences until we master the relative/absolute, then we should be able to have both.

I guess you lost me.  I don't understand what you are talking about.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Hojo said:

I kinda beleive holykeal because we aren't in control I didn't choose to wake up and it make me happy. It just happened and I didn't choose to be sad I just made myself that way. I don't even know if what I'm doing is me or sim. I just have up but I don't even know if I was in control of giving up. Everytime I see God it feels like a robot. It feels like I'm a sim of God but got is an infinity sim

(In robot voice)

But there's gotta be a way to understand the sim

You believe him about what?  That God is inheritently here to torture you and is an evil Being? Come on man.  Do you really cut God to the quick like that?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 No that he is not in control of whether he is happy so any amount of trying to explain wont do it until it happens from god.

God can allow you to be happy and god can allow you to not be happy I dont know If we choose that. I certainly wouldn't choose to be unhappy but I put myself to sleep or let myself fall into sleep on purpose it seems, so i would in a sense of god.

Edited by Hojo

43 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Everytime I see God it feels like a robot. It feels like I'm a sim of God but got is an infinity sim

(In robot voice)

@DefinitelyNotARobot

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

54 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here Direct experience or intellectual theorising?

About what exactly? 

-Osho