SQAAD

Leo Why Do you say that Life has No Meaning?

14 posts in this topic

Leo you say that life is just a game with no meaning or purpose. I do not understand what that means though.

Do you mean that it has no meaning because it doesn't last for very long? What exactly do you mean?

For me life is inherently meaningful.

If you find yourself baking in the sun while homeless with no water, you would never say something like ''it doesn't matter, it has no meaning". You would not care about whether it has a meaning or not.

If just a single person finds an apple significant and valuable then why do you keep saying that there is no meaning? 

And you have said that the purpose of life is to Love and to awaken to your nature as God. Is that not another meaning/purpose though??

Edited by SQAAD

Most decisions are made to avoid some amount of suffering. It may be socially, mentally or bodily, in a mixed variety of combinations.

So the meaning you are talking about tend to be the knee-jerk reaction that we can ascribe to anything we like and have going for us already.

There is no inherent meaning to anything. But there is inherent value to stuff, that is the difference. Values may create sustainable circumstances. But meaning is the positive beliefs projected on to values who are inherently indifferent to meaning.

The post above is a good example of a common misconception of that meaninglessness must be a negative and isolated view of life. 

Just because life  has no inherent meaning, doesn't mean that all things appear as meaningless to you as a individual. 

When Byron Katie who is a well known spiritual teacher was waking up from her miserable state of mind. She then said "Wow, there is nothing, there is NOTHING!" Her sense of meaning had collapsed altogether in that moment.

It means that meaning is a projection of your mind. You can of course project all the meaning you want, but eventually you will have to face the fact that you created it and that there is no meaning outside your constructions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura When you give meaning to things and create things with your mind, What's this topic called? I sometimes believe things will cause me harm, and give meaning to my constructions so much so it begins to be my reality. It feels so real to. It's like it snowballed into something REAL and actually created. I'm tired of it. What's this topic called and where can I learn more

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It means that meaning is a projection of your mind. You can of course project all the meaning you want, but eventually you will have to face the fact that you created it and that there is no meaning outside your constructions.

I've never seen such a good explanation. Not even trying to kiss your ass. The people I've seen on youtube no joke have no idea what they're talking about. I want to have that experience of realizing how "it's all in the mind"

What is this topic called? 

@Richard Purdy I call it projection or construction or imagination.

1 hour ago, Richard Purdy said:

I sometimes believe things will cause me harm, and give meaning to my constructions so much so it begins to be my reality. It feels so real to. It's like it snowballed into something REAL and actually created. I'm tired of it. What's this topic called and where can I learn more

Kinda sounds like harm OCD.

Of course, you’d need to see a professional to determine if you actually have that or not.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Mindfully observe your mind and thoughts and people minds and thoughts you will find how meaning and value is constructed not discovered, epically when it comes to things like products marketed by humans some products cost shit tons while only cost few dollars to make,
in mars currently plants are worthless money is worthless a million dolor on mars is worthless (gonna be meaningless too meaning and worth are connected), i million dollar only has value in the matrix we call human society that lives in the people mind, When something doesn't serve our survival we gave almost no attention to it too lol , life is purposeless ultimately for us we can have a purpose for it, why because having a purpose for life defeat life itself, it will be a race to get to that purpose and ending life lol

So we do projection mostly to help us in our survival and copping with life, also we love creating stories and believing in them part of our sense making mechanism.

btw, you can see projection clearly when you see someone having really hard time and he is the religious type his belief in god and how there is heaven and angles and if he prayed to  god will help him out can help these people quite a lot psychologically

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Richard Purdy I call it projection or construction or imagination.

39 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Kinda sounds like harm OCD.

Of course, you’d need to see a professional to determine if you actually have that or not.

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT! That's it, that's the one! @Leo Gura @Yimpa 

Skip to 1:30

I'M FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When one is experiencing the beauty of nature/reality or tapping into source or taking a psychedelic etc. - doesn’t seem like these experiences are meaningless? 

19 minutes ago, Dryas said:

When one is experiencing the beauty of nature/reality or tapping into source or taking a psychedelic etc. - doesn’t seem like these experiences are meaningless? 

Being is more profound than meaning.

1 hour ago, Dryas said:

Meaning is self created. There is no such thing of meaning outside of what you yourself create for yourself. Being in nature, a psychedelic trip, or anything, just ... is. How you think about it, how you feel about it, the meaning it has to you, is all 100% your creation. If you truly realize this, you can become a master of meaning creation, only creating the meaning that serves you best and not creating the meaning that does not. 

same with everything

bring don't seek

find out why you're here

existence never makes two alike