Yimpa

GOD Is Infinite Self-Deception.

31 posts in this topic

See, there are an infinite number of ways you could describe God and this just one of them.

Word choice matters a lot. It's interesting to see the kind of emotions brought up by these sorts of contemplations.

I swear to god. Every time I feel I’ve reached something tangible it’s yet again another mental layer to be dissolved I cannot ??‍♀️ 

My first intuition is that if it were otherwise, Leo would be dead. God's Infinite Self-Deception is the only reason Leo's still here and well to this day.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

24 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I swear to god. Every time I feel I’ve reached something tangible it’s yet again another mental layer to be dissolved I cannot ??‍♀️ 

Perhaps trying to empty ourselves of… ourselves was never the right approach to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It’s also interesting you mention yet another mental layer. If reality is infinite, then surely the amount of mental layers are also infinite. 

It’s kinda like if you wash your hands and convince yourself that they’re 100% clean, yet as soon as you touch something they’re gonna not be 100% clean again. So is the solution to keep washing your hands every time you touch something? I’d hope not.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

For sure, that is a very good way to describe it.

Until God wakes up of course :P

GOD is Infinite Self-Deception.

GOD is Infinite Self.

GOD is Infinite.

GOD is.

GOD.

;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

GOD is Infinite Self-Deception.

GOD is Infinite Self.

GOD is Infinite.

GOD is.

GOD.

;)

Get in your Civic

The way I see and struggle with this is the following. When I dream I am gone, the sense of selfhood is very low or even none, is just the dream going on as a movie, running solo and there is little or no coherence. I still remeber a bit of the last nigth, running around a sort of building with crazy arquitecture, even a lake on the higher floors. Then I wake up and again I am here in this same recurrent reality where the ideia of physical is the rule, is something that one cant philosophise away. Even the ideia that the nigth dreams are dependent and based on this ground here is very strong. Because as far as I know I only dream when I go to sleep and when I wake up I call that wake real life. I never assume is the opposite or that is both the very same thing. Is absurd to think that dreams exist in another separated dimention and this wake up life now is another room. 

The same when in psycadelics where I may be in very intense visions and I can stand up go to toilet and go back sit down and enter in visions again, and I ready understand that,  no matter if I am with closed eyes or open eyes there are visions everywhere. I can understand that whatever vision I am having is me being conscious of vision like figments, But the sense of materiality if difficult to understand as a figment or let go of this figment of physicality, this the stronger one, imagine losing the whole feeling of being physical, at nigth I can fly from one scene to other, I dont even feel to have a face or body, is just a floating eye watching whatever it comes to see, I even saw my own face in a mirror while dreaming or in psycadelics but what would be insane would be  wake up and realise you dont have a body, that even this very body is being dreamed up out of nothing and no one. So, only a deception with infinite strings to be able to keep this show as it is.

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

Sounds like a good quote to justify any type of bad behaviour to play out. Smart move.

If you believe it, that is.

1 minute ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Sounds like a good quote to justify any type of bad behaviour to play out. Smart move.

If you believe it, that is.

Who defines Self-Deception? You, of course!

To what degree is the real question. :ph34r:

Just now, Yimpa said:

Who defines Self-Deception? You, of course!

To what degree is the real question. :ph34r:

Exactly.

And sometimes quotes happen to be false.

4 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Exactly.

And sometimes quotes happen to be false.

It’s false in the sense that you have a fixed and extremely narrow view on how reality should be.

When you realize you’re GOD, all Self-Deception is GOD’S CREATION.

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

It’s false in the sense that you have a fixed and extremely narrow view on how reality should be.

When you realize you’re GOD, all Self-Deception is GOD’S CREATION.

And this lands you endless excuses to behave as you please. Good or bad, because it's all Gods fault in the end. Right? Or God's right I should say. 

7 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

And this lands you endless excuses to behave as you please. Good or bad, because it's all Gods fault in the end. Right? Or God's right I should say. 

Is being abducted by aliens wrong?

I legit just had an experience of being abducted by them. They transported me to an alternate timeline and dimension. I only experienced this briefly because of how radical it was.

It’s actually your own doing when you convince yourself that something is “wrong” or “awful”.… that’s literally what’s preventing you from exploring CONSCIOUSNESS any further. 

Just now, Yimpa said:

Is being abducted by aliens wrong?

I legit just had an experience of being abducted by them. They transported me to an alternate timeline and dimension. I only experienced this briefly because of how radical it was.

It’s actually your own doing when you convince yourself that something is “wrong” or “awful”.… that’s literally what’s preventing you from exploring CONSCIOUSNESS any further. 

Nothing wrong with having a experience. Do I believe you had that experience? I dont know, possibly, maybe. Maybe not, but that is not for me to say. I just listen to what you have to say and go from there.

And there is where I draw the line. There is no wisdom in taking on beliefs of others as some kind of prof, unless there is a way to explore certain statement deeper to see where they may lead stepp by stepp.

1 minute ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

And there is where I draw the line. There is no wisdom in taking on beliefs of others as some kind of prof, unless there is a way to explore certain statement deeper to see where they may lead stepp by stepp.

Yup, that’s the whole point of this actualized work, and always has been from the very start.

Just now, Yimpa said:

Yup, that’s the whole point of this actualized work, and always has been from the very start.

That is quite a leap of faith from one thought to another that you just did there. But yeah sure, that is what this place claims to be doing atleast. 

God send leo on a path of truth only to find out it can't exist. Got em

Edited by Hojo