The Renaissance Man

I'm afraid of sharing my life purpose

18 posts in this topic

I'm afraid of sharing what my life purpose is because I fear somebody may copy it, and steal my opportunity of living off of it.

I also know that it's unlikely because if it's aligned to my person, it's unlikely anybody will be able to do work with the same dedication.

At the same time there may be someone who has similar interests and strengths to me, and I may gave him just the right idea.

I know there's no necessity of sharing it before working on it, but I was just curious to see what you'd think of this matter. I think that I will ultimately only share it with close people and not on forums like this one, for the reasons above, and only reveal what my plan was once it starts to really take life.

Sounds like a great idea. What I would do is keep it to myself. Maybe share it with some close friends or family if you want to feel a bit more accountability. But I think you're focussed on the wrong thing its better to focus more on creating/creativity not competing.

Scarcity mindset.

But hey, do what makes you comfortable. Hoard your LP all you want. And if you ever find someone else with your LP then you slit his throat in the middle of the night while he's sleeping.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Scarcity mindset.

But hey, do what makes you comfortable. Hoard your LP all you want. And if you ever find someone else with your LP then you slit his throat in the middle of night while he's sleeping.

@Leo Gura can you imagine lol ?

"I want to become the most famous gigolo in the world!!!"

full.jpeg

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@CARDOZZO My LP is along the lines of using this passion for knowledge to share uniquely interconnected perspectives & insights

Edited by The Renaissance Man

My life purpose is to change my name to The Renaissance Woman. How's that. Wait, let me Google it. Sure enough it's already taken. I'm sure someone else is probably doing your life purpose theme, but in their own unique way. Nobody has your fingerprint. Doesn't matter if you share it, if it's for you, it's for you, and noone else can do it like you. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@Princess Arabia I agree. But what about a company not sharing their newly researched innovative product?

I know that no matter if other people will do the same, I will pursue the same life purpose.

At the same time, why "risking" to give out a precious insight with that much time before I can actually start working on it?

In my specific case, I will have to work on myself for quite a while before I give life to my ultimate project. I think I've got a bit of scarcity mindset to think this way, but at the same time the company analogy I gave above isn't something absurd.

And, there's no NEED to share it, mind that. I can just do it without having to explain the principles behind my ideas.

In the end, I'll just pursue my LP no matter the competition, and I'm sure of it, it's just a life calling I can't deviate from that. At the same time, since there's no need to share everything 4 years in advance, I'll keep the details to myself. I don't think it's full on scarcity mindset, because I believe there's actually space for everybody. It's just that if you have a new way of doing things, that improves something already existing... I lose a point of leverage for no reason.

Sometimes you have to share your life purpose.

I have some friends who told a group of friends that they are selling some drinks or some cosmetic products. When people asked them for the brands, they just keep quiet about them. How is their friends going to help them? Sometimes, the friends will even buy in secret to test out their products but if they don't even tell the brand, then there's fewer sales.

@hyruga Yea I think it's more about sharing it on YouTube vlogs or in a forum like this one that concerns me. I probably have phrased this thread the wrong way, after having contemplated about this "issue" more deeply.