DefinitelyNotARobot

Should I focus on truth or on falsehood?

19 posts in this topic

Or are they ultimately the same thing? My first reaction to that thought is that it's better to deconstruct all falsehood until nothing but the truth is left, but I'm also not sure if it's quiet that simple. Is focusing on falsehood going to create more beliefs about "falsehood" since I create what I focus on? I think that deconstructing falsehoods is useful as long as one is stuck believing in relative truths such as "I'm a human" or "I have to survive!", but I also think that only the truth can recognize itself, so there are no alternative paths to the truth other than the truth itself. I still find myself caught in between thoughts of relative truths and falsehoods and limiting beliefs about myself, so I figure I can still go further trying to figure out what isn't true, but how far can this ACTUALLY take me?

beep boop

There's no such thing as falsehood.

I don't believe in the boogeyman :P

@tuku747 So do you think all paths eventually lead to the truth? Furthermore, why do some paths appear to be more efficient at leading you to the truth? I mean if I asked you how to get to the truth you probably wouldn't tell me to go and shoot up heroin (unless you would, in which case I'm sorry for making assumption about you lol).

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Nothing you do is necessary for self-realization. If you think you need to do something to awaken, you're only limiting yourself. Realization is inevitable; it's destiny. It's the second law of thermodynamics. Realization is NOW.

Edited by tuku747

if you fall too far off the path god will just kill you then revive you

Yes you must complete your story. Just pay attention to your mental state if you are stagnating or going in the wrong direction it will get worse.

Edited by Hojo

First, realize what you aren't. Let go of every false belief, until only emptiness remains. You may well be in darkness for a while, and that's by design. Eventually, the light concedes to shine.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@DefinitelyNotARobot

Think it of like this... When you make a mistake, was it because you saw the Truth?

No, when you make an error, it is due to limitation. Limited knowledge, limited power, limited understanding, limited whatever... 

How is Truth limitation? 

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I still find myself caught in between thoughts of relative truths and falsehoods and limiting beliefs about myself, so I figure I can still go further trying to figure out what isn't true, but how far can this ACTUALLY take me?

Either infinite confusion or Infinite Love.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It's vital to have positive motivation for anything you're doing.

Love for Truth is essential in this work. That love will cause you to deconstruct falsehood.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Relax into the light more and more, and let the darknesses transform themselves by the increasing light. Think of it like a journey, a process, where the darkness gradually transforms itself into light. That is a process. 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:11 PM, Moksha said:

You may well be in darkness for a while, and that's by design.

Interesting, why do you think that is? What exactly is the purpose of having it be "designed" that way?

On 7/5/2023 at 10:59 PM, Ajax said:

No, when you make an error, it is due to limitation. Limited knowledge, limited power, limited understanding, limited whatever... 

How is Truth limitation? 

It appears to be capable of limitation, since there is nothing outside of itself out of which it could form a limit, but I don't know HOW it's doing that.

23 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Either infinite confusion or Infinite Love.

I love the confusion and love confuses me, I wouldn't know which one to choose.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's vital to have positive motivation for anything you're doing.

Love for Truth is essential in this work. That love will cause you to deconstruct falsehood.

So it's more of a consequence than a tool? How then to I deepen my love for truth, practically speaking? I assume that spending time, energy and intent emerging oneself in truth is one way to crystallize that connection. What are some other ways?

10 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Relax into the light more and more, and let the darknesses transform themselves by the increasing light.

How did light even become darkness to begin with?

beep boop

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Interesting, why do you think that is? What exactly is the purpose of having it be "designed" that way?

Darkness deepens you. A baby spoon-fed with smashed bananas is happy, but relatively shallow. Set it on its feet and let it take a few steps and fall. Maybe it gets bruised in the process. That is how it learns.

Awakening is impermanent bliss. It gives you a glimpse of god, but it doesn't last. It's only by stumbling down the stairs into absolute darkness that you learn surrender. Experientially understanding the falseness of your form identity is the first step toward realizing unconditional bliss.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If you want to be happy focus on falsehood, if you want to be free focus on truth.  

Just now, Tanz said:

If you want to be happy focus on falsehood, if you want to be free focus on truth.  

Falsehood only provides temporary happiness. Only truth is perpetual bliss.

On 7/4/2023 at 4:11 PM, Moksha said:

You may well be in darkness for a while, and that's by design.

6 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I’m sure you’d get pretty bored if it was always nighttime. I personally love the contrast between how I feel during the day, and I how I feel during the night!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI