mojsterr

The riots in France

34 posts in this topic

The unrest is a response to the death of Nahel, who was shot dead during a traffic stop Tuesday morning in Nanterre. Second night of riot following the death of Nahel, in Montreuil, Ile de France, on June 30, 2023

I heard theres nothing in the news anywhere. Kinda weird.

So, the guy was a known troublemaker by the police, although he didn't have a criminal record. He was driving with foreign plates, at the age of 17, when he shouldn't yet be driving, and he was running away from the cop. I have no idea about the killing how it happened, I haven't read any of the articles, I just saw a while later that riots were going down.

On the other hand, this is a thread on 9gag about his mother: https://9gag.com/gag/aKEO5qO

france.png

So I'm now in a conflict with myself. On the one hand, I want to be tolerant and try to understand the whole picture. But on the other side I see (mainly) muslims rioting on the streets, wrecking havoc and looting stores, yelling allahu akhbar. From what I've seen it's mostly immigrants.

Any takes on this?

Is immigration a shot in the knee for France?

1 hour ago, mojsterr said:

Is immigration a shot in the knee for France?

lol

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 hours ago, mojsterr said:

The unrest is a response to the death of Nahel

That was the initial reason :D Now French egos are at play.

The French are like:

Some guy died, so we're going to free the elephants, lions and zebras from the zoo, terrorise private businesses, steal fuel trucks, set residential buildings on fire and steal motorcycles from random stores (actually happening). Like the fuck?

Once they start stealing shit It's no longer about who died or whichever policy the government changed.

Edited by MarkKol

13 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Some guy died, so we're going to free the elephants, lions and zebras from the zoo, terrorise private businesses, steal fuel trucks, set residential buildings on fire and steal motorcycles from random stores (actually happening). Like the fuck?

Also attacking and stealing from and destroying the fire trucks when they arrive at the scene, so the firemen could just stand there and watch and couldn't even put out the fires

Edited by mojsterr

16 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

That was the initial reason :D Now French egos are at play.

The French are like:

"french" 

16 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Once they start stealing shit It's no longer about who died or whichever policy the government changed.

dJaNgO lE dOzO 

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

The movie 'Athena' might be interesting regarding the topic.

After the death of his youngest brother following an alleged police altercation, Abdel (Dali Benssalah) is called back from the frontline to find his family torn apart. Caught between his younger brother Karim's (Sami Slimane) desire for revenge and the criminal dealings of his older brother Moktar (Ouassini Embarek), he struggles to calm the rising tensions. As the situation escalates, their community ATHENA is transformed into a fortress under siege, becoming a scene of tragedy for both the family and beyond…

Edited by Epikur

@mojsterr there is video of how it happened. It is honestly inacceptable.

Watch it: https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/video/2023/06/28/adolescent-tue-par-un-policier-a-nanterre-le-resume-des-evenements_6179582_3224.html 

There are surely better ways of preventing a car from escaping then to shoot the driver. That something like that happens, is definitly a problem. 

Edited by Philipp

16 hours ago, MarkKol said:

??

Edited by Bobby_2021

It's an excuse to show their tribal-orange stage insctincts. Loot, steal, burn and destroy. It reminds me the BLM episode in America.

Another country goes right

Macron’s France In Chaos As Le Pen Leads In Polls
https://www.youtube.com/@MichaelHeaverYouTube/videos

France Burns: "Patriotic" Football Fans Patrol Lyon Streets as Rioters Run Amok 

Btw. more than 50% of the police votes for Le Pen.

Edited by Epikur

@Shawn Philips  You should actually whatch what happened before judging: 

Watch it: https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/video/2023/06/28/adolescent-tue-par-un-policier-a-nanterre-le-resume-des-evenements_6179582_3224.html 

The looting and especially the fires are completely unjustified, but the protest and anger is. 

2 hours ago, Philipp said:

@Shawn Philips  You should actually whatch what happened before judging: 

The looting and especially the fires are completely unjustified, but the protest and anger is. 

Yes France let in the immigrants. That was their mistake. Some arab countries dealt better with it. If you can not do it just don't do it.

In the long run it is usually better to be open and diverse. it forces you to base your identity not around superficial aspects such as skin color, but around deeper human values. It allows you to expand your identity and play a more uniting role in the world.  

Edited by Philipp

kids like to riot, it gives them a sense of adventure and purpose in their boring internet lifes. What‘s new