Someone here

Being blissful 24/7

113 posts in this topic

As I said before  ..to me this work is about achieving happiness not about truth . Trust me ..what you want is happiness and joy ..bliss and tranquility 24/7 ..isn't that correct ? 

you truly want to be blissful all the time you can be.. Who are "you" really?

you are This blissful nature itself. It can be difficult to  appreciate your own blissful nature. Because we are caught up In survival. And because life is a bitch .you jump out of one problem only to find yourself in another  one .

In order to appreciate your own natural state of bliss you must cease taking yourself for what you are not... What are you not? A physical organism. What are you? Consciousness! You are that Consciousness in which the organism exists. You perceive the organism in Consciousness.

The “I” is an illusion.. a delusion.There exists no “I” that is born..dies  lives..comes ..goes .possesse.. grows old.. acquires. displays..exudes..acts or accomplishes. There is simply life living itself.

Is life difficult?  No doubt about it .

Can you be blissful 24/7? Yes you can .

I still haven't figured out how ..so if anyone knows let me know ?. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

For example can you be blissful when you're  hungry ?

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

No.

if your girlfriend is cheating on you, would you rather know the Truth or live a lie? I think bliss 24/7 is unhealthy. If your girlfriend is cheating on you, it is okay to be angry. If you are going on an adventure, it is okay to feel fear.

All emotions are valid and have their own unique strengths. 

This Buddhist dogma nonsense is getting on my nerves.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

what you want is happiness and joy ..bliss and tranquility 24/7 ..isn't that correct ? 

No. That's an extreme limitation. Almost like a defect. Sounds nice at first, but in reality it's not really what one would think.

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The goal isn’t to feel happy all the time. 

It is a simple thought experiment. If your loved ones are hurt and are going to die, you want to feel something other than a blissful smile. Extreme bliss is dysfunctional.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

This is so silly. xD Hahahaha.

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Can you be blissful 24/7? Yes you can .

I still haven't figured out how ..

Then how do You know You can... (You don't)

When you’re sad, cry. When you’re happy, smile. When you’re horny, fuck. When you’re angry, speak your mind. When you’re afraid, persist. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

3 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

No.

if your girlfriend is cheating on you, would you rather know the Truth or live a lie? I think bliss 24/7 is unhealthy. If your girlfriend is cheating on you, it is okay to be angry. If you are going on an adventure, it is okay to feel fear.

Interestingly.  according to Buddhist psychology at least ..truth leads to happiness and as it turns out.. you are more likely to be receptive to the truth (more objective..open-minded, etc.) when you are happy.

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

No. That's an extreme limitation. Almost like a defect. Sounds nice at first, but in reality it's not really what one would think.

"If lies if they make us happy? Should we lie to ourselves"?  That is how I see it .

"Grandma is in heaven" makes us happier than the alternatives. Even if we deep down know that there isn't a heaven.  Seems rather helpful and harmless .

-Osho

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I still haven't figured out how ..so if anyone knows let me know ?. 

The only how is to be way more sincere than you are

@Sincerity bro ..please let's open a new page with each other and stop teasing or provoking each other . 

I know we can because that's what all spiritual traditions since the dawn of time teach  like the Upanishads if you study them. They say that the enlightened one is fully and permanently established in his true nature as pure effortless bliss. and I saw a glimpse of unconditional happiness when I meditate .but I'm curious how to make it my baseline state .

-Osho

15 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

The goal isn’t to feel happy all the time. 

It is a simple thought experiment. If your loved ones are hurt and are going to die, you want to feel something other than a blissful smile. Extreme bliss is dysfunctional.

It's something akin to watching a movie ..yeah the actors can be killed and you might cry ..but you don't lose awareness that this is all just a movie .

Same with life ..you  can get cancer and cry ..but deep down you know this is just a temporary dream in consciousness and there is nothing to cry about .that Is if you are awake. 

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Amit said:

The only how is to be way more sincere than you are

Elaborate please. 

-Osho

Im Pretty sure you are right you are supposed to enjoy the movie with no attachments people are so obsessed with sitting there and realizing that nothing is happening and that there is nothing. You gotta raise your vibration higher and higher to get the fuck off earth.

Why is getting mad your default to getting cheated on? Why can't you find it funny that someone cheated on you that should be your default. If your gf come home with someone semen in her vagina you should laugh at the absurdity that your penis is shaped the way it is to scoop that shit out and put yours in.

Life tries to fuck you be happy and laugh at it it can't bring you down.

Thinking you found the ending at you not existing is a trap imo as clearly we are all here doing something.

Edited by Hojo

@Someone here I'm just calling You out. You're endlessly making these silly preaching threads while it's clear there isn't much experience behind the words.

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I know we can because that's what all spiritual traditions since the dawn of time teach  like the Upanishads if you study them. They say that the enlightened one is fully and permanently established in his true nature as pure effortless bliss.

So... You read something.

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

and I saw a glimpse of unconditional happiness when I meditate .but I'm curious how to make it my baseline state .

So... You had some glimpse and You came to the conclusion that You can be blissful 24/7.

Just come on man. xD For real.

A year ago I met a beginner guy (by his own admission) from the forum irl who was mislead by You. Big number of posts, confidence, spiritual words... Holy moly, must be enlightened right? ...Right?

Edited by Sincerity

I don't see the possibility of being blissful 24/7 as long as you have a body constantly working on preservation & survival.

You can't transcend basic biological needs just like that, not with a body and ego. If your goal is happiness, watch Leo's Ultimate Guide to Happiness and get your basic needs met. Spiritual Bypassing is not going to help in the long run, personal experience.

If your goal is bliss (which requires awakening), you gotta appreciate all the infinite parts of reality for what they are.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

It is  simple thought experiment. If your loved ones are hurt and are going to die, you want to feel something other than a blissful smile. 

When you’re sad, cry. When you’re happy, smile. When you’re horny, fuck. When you’re angry, speak your mind. When you’re afraid, persist. 

This is compulsion, survival, animalistic conditioning. 

You want to embrace living Life as an animal, you are free to do that.

But the human system is precisely unique because it has built in tools and Intelligence to go beyond the compulsions you are talking about.

@Someone here Overall, yes, it is possible to feel Blissful 24/7, but it depends on how serious you are about it.

Also, as others have said, you probably will want to explore other states of being apart from being blissful, so that 24/7 probably wouldn't be 100%.

For example, you will have to lose a bit of that sweet Blissfulness when you are driving or operating machinery, just to give you an example.

Or maybe when giving a talk where you have to put some emotion into It.

The important thing (in My opinion) is that you come to a certain profound understanding of how your body works so you can trigger that Blissfulness when you want. 

Edited by Javfly33

I'm sure it's possible, it's no great mystery. total detachment from everything. You have to care nothing about life and death, completely empty your mind, completely open to the absolute, retire to a monastery and simply be. but I prefer a little more action, it doesn't matter to suffer sometimes

Edited by Breakingthewall

Freedom means no prejudice against anything, i.e., duality - non-dualism, bliss - suffering. Doesn't matter, just - no bias. Here is the way. Accepting what is. So simple that it's almost impossible to implement.;) But it's worth remembering this natural state of being. Exactly - being, not acting! 

12 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Javfly33 Let me ask you, do you think you transcended human condition? 

Seriously, if I make you starve for a week, would you genuinely be able to be blissful? If I put you to do hard labor with your body on a field under the sun for an entire day, would you say fatigue is a thought and would be able to be blissful?

What if we go further and I hurt your body, would you be open and blissful?

If you can say Yes, genuinely, then I want to learn from you. If you say I'm working on it, it's because you haven't been put to the real tests yet and are just spouting what you heard from spiritual teachers.

If you guys want to think about everything in black and white. (Either you can be blissful always even if I´m hitting you with a steel bar under the sun for 24 hours or you are talking shit!!!!). 

That's a fallacy what you made right there. You just found the absolutely worst possible scenario for me, in order so I could tell you NO.

When you are eager and humble to learn, come to me. But with that attitude, I absolutely won't spend a single minute on you teaching you things you have still not Purified your darkness enough to be able to be receptive to them and learn. 

Edited by Javfly33