Breakingthewall

DMT first trial

51 posts in this topic

I did today 20 mg, it's very aggressive for the lungs and the mouth, i tried to hold it in my lungs but I started coughing. the effect, well....fractals and all that, and suddenly there was something like a guy making toys at full speed, then calm. how is to do dmt ? little by little, or a single puff? What use to be the breakthrough dose? 

@Benton thanks for the tips. I have used a flask, which is similar. I will try to aspire it 3 times, let's see.  I just want to test how is a dmt breakthrough, I don't think I'll do it much. I'll try the imao thing. orally, what dose?

3 hours ago, Benton said:

Harmala does need a diet though or it can be dangerous.

It doesn't require any dietry restriction because it is a reversible MAOi

@LSD-Rumi it requires dietary restrictions because it is MAOi.
It being a reversible inhibitor has nothing to do with that, it’s a nerd fact for pharmacology nerds. 

Be careful when spreading info about topics you are poorly informed on. Misinformation is dangerous.

Don't take such big hits.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would you recommend taking psychedelics to develop the next level connection with other human beings? E.g. Experiencing profound bonding, opening yourself to new domains of love and getting much more skillful in feeling other people and relating to them in general. As well maybe getting a deeper understanding of this whole relationship stuff

Yeah, fucked up my throat a few times with DMT.

Then i leaned that you should avoid putting the flame directly on the pipe and smoke too fast when the crystals are vaporized.

Do it slowly,put the flame near the pipe or alternating between direct and out, hold the smoke inside the pipe, wait a good 10 seconds and inhale.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't take such big hits.

How are you supposed to break through without taking massive hits?

@thenondualtankie Breakthroughs are overrated. I've found micro-dosing / macro-dosing breaks down the veil of the illusion, bit by bit, and you can still have god-realizations / awakenings and profound consciousness shifts.  Patience and intense contemplation are much better than intense breakthroughs with 99% memory loss. 

4 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Would you recommend taking psychedelics to develop the next level connection with other human beings? E.g. Experiencing profound bonding, opening yourself to new domains of love and getting much more skillful in feeling other people and relating to them in general. As well maybe getting a deeper understanding of this whole relationship stuff

No. I recommend you lock yourself in a room and contemplate.

2 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

How are you supposed to break through without taking massive hits?

For me every trip is a breakthrough.

But if you are not like that, then you should switch oral DMT with harmala. It's far superior to vaping.

@Girzo I am pretty sure about this information. Reversible MAOis don't require dietary restrictions. See seligiline drug for example.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@LSD-Rumi You are wrong for a few reasons.

1. Seligiline is an irreversible MAOi. 
  2. Seligiline has dietary restrictions for tyramine in diet, like all MAO inhibitors. It's a two second Google search away to find out. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-13489-8041/selegiline-oral/selegiline-oral/details (click on the "Interactions" tab)
  3. Harmine and Harmaline ARE NOT Seligiline. You can't compare drugs of a completely different structure like this. Look at them, they are nothing alike.

Irreversible means that the molecule destroys the enzyme and the drug acts until the body replenishes the supply. Reversible potentially acts shorter and it could be reversed in some critical medical situation, by your own body, or medics if they know what to do in that emergency.

You are mistaking "I will probably not die" with "This is safe and recommended." No, not abiding by the dietary guidelines is laziness and taking unnecessary health risks.

@Girzo From chatgpt

"Yes, reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) typically do not require strict dietary restrictions. Reversible MAOIs, also known as RIMAs, are a newer generation of MAOIs that have a more selective and reversible action on the monoamine oxidase enzyme.

Unlike the older, irreversible MAOIs (such as phenelzine and tranylcypromine), reversible MAOIs have a reduced risk of certain food and drug interactions. The dietary restrictions associated with irreversible MAOIs are necessary because they can inhibit the breakdown of tyramine, a substance found in certain foods. When tyramine is not effectively broken down, it can lead to a sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure, known as a hypertensive crisis.

However, with reversible MAOIs like moclobemide, dietary restrictions are generally less stringent. The risk of a hypertensive crisis caused by tyramine-rich foods is significantly lower, although some caution may still be advised. It is generally recommended to follow a balanced and healthy diet, but complete avoidance of specific foods is not typically required. However, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist for specific guidance regarding dietary considerations while taking any medication, including reversible MAOIs. They can provide individualized recommendations based on the specific medication, dosage, and your unique health circumstances."

@LSD-Rumi First, what the hell? Since when ChatGPT is a source to cite?

Second, it has told you what I have told you. You need to follow dietary restrictions and watch out for drug interactions on all MAOIs.

Third, harmala alkaloids is exactly what is found in ayahuasca. Ayahuasca needs dietary restrictions = taking harmala alkaloids by themselves needs dietary restrictions. Or maybe, do you want to argue ayahuasca needs no restrictions?

Please, stop derailing the topic and get informed.

Edited by Girzo

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Girzo From chatgpt

"Yes, reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) typically do not require strict dietary restrictions. Reversible MAOIs, also known as RIMAs, are a newer generation of MAOIs that have a more selective and reversible action on the monoamine oxidase enzyme.

Unlike the older, irreversible MAOIs (such as phenelzine and tranylcypromine), reversible MAOIs have a reduced risk of certain food and drug interactions. The dietary restrictions associated with irreversible MAOIs are necessary because they can inhibit the breakdown of tyramine, a substance found in certain foods. When tyramine is not effectively broken down, it can lead to a sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure, known as a hypertensive crisis.

However, with reversible MAOIs like moclobemide, dietary restrictions are generally less stringent. The risk of a hypertensive crisis caused by tyramine-rich foods is significantly lower, although some caution may still be advised. It is generally recommended to follow a balanced and healthy diet, but complete avoidance of specific foods is not typically required. However, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist for specific guidance regarding dietary considerations while taking any medication, including reversible MAOIs. They can provide individualized recommendations based on the specific medication, dosage, and your unique health circumstances."

@LSD-Rumi haven't you heard that chatgpt can sometimes give you false and incomplete information? Therefore people SHOULD always double check and think about the Informationen.

It's obvious that you don't know about what is talked about here. I find this very irresponsible abd you're putting yourself and other people who know even less at a risk. It should be searched explicite for harmalas if they are talked about. 

Edited by Starlight321

From my personal experience harmala + DMT does not require any dietary restrictions. I have done it half a dozen times, all with great results.

But your metabolism may be different.

Vaping DMT really should not be done. It is too imprecise, duration is far too short, it wastes a lot of DMT, and it damages the lungs. The only reason people vape it is because they don't know any better.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Girzo Dude, No need to be aggressive xD I know what I am talking about. It is a well-known fact that reversible MAOIs don't require dietary restrictions. Hell, I took harmala with antidepressants multiple times without the slightest problem.

And ChatGPT is accurate in more than 90% of cases. So maybe you are the one who needs to check their information.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, Girzo said:
  • Seligiline is an irreversible MAOi. 
  • Seligiline has dietary restrictions for tyramine in diet, like all MAO inhibitors. It's a two second Google search away to find

This is wrong. Selegiline is a reversible MAOi and it doesn't require dietary restrictions. I read this piece of information in a medical book recently.