joelpires

Death - is anyone here really ready for it?

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

It's futile you cannot be happy all the time. And trying to be is neurosis and will lead to more suffering. 
Whatever you feel is okay, Life is not about being happy, it is also being sad, fearful, angry... and be okay with it. 
Easier said than done of course.

But this story about the emotion you feel before dying will intensify, I'm skeptical or maybe it can happens in some cases. 
If you take time to read/listen to NDE, you'll find that a lot of people experience a white loving light, peace, or "revelations" about Reality etc... 
There's also people describing hellish experiences but it seems to be a minority 

From my experience it is true and sadguru has said so as well. If you are totally broken emotionally you go to hell but if you can slip a little happiness that happiness can exponentially grow

@Princess Arabia yeah it seems a very reasonable point of view....you get an reminiscences of instinctive fear response but you can still find peace cuz u know the truth

@michaelcycle00 damn, I guess I want that mentality ahah. Painless death is possible tho I believe man, lethal injections have the right mix of chemicals for you to die painlessly (physically ofc!)

@puporing I think this is a good approach...sudden tragic news about your health won't affect you if you actually are capable of desiring to be dead. Not sure if that's possible tho because of the emotional attachments that we all invariably have. Not sure if the survival nature of ego allows you to desire to be dead when you know in fact it's really coming unless you were already 'dead'

@Naturalist so my question is, how does all this understanding help when 'shit gets real'? Did already happen to you a situation in which you thought you were dying (tragic health news, a random dangerous/criminal situation, etc) in which you could control existential anxiety or a fight-or-flight response because you understand that death doesn't exist after all?

One thing I see for sure - understanding death helps to live day-to-day life freer from the constant fear of it, but in such critical situations my gut tells me that @UnbornTao is right

@OldManCorcoran aahah same, young man here that wants to experience more from life...always have been stressed and anxious for the future and things that I want to do. But last year when I thought I really was having a critical failure of my organs I understood that the anxiety I just described is nothing compared to existential anxiety, existential dread or despair in which ceasing existence just gets r e a l l y  R e a l  to you - horrible feeling...

So yeah, just like you I believe that I prefer to die in a sudden accident xDD

1 hour ago, joelpires said:

approach...sudden tragic news about your health won't affect you if you actually are capable of desiring to be dead

Not desiring it but if you look at existence directly in a habitual way, if you remove all the filters and you are here and now, open to existence, you see that things happen when they should, and that disease and death are the step that is now . Or maybe you see that the step is to fight to the maximum for your health. It is a tough situation that many of us are going to go through, a difficult test. the more open, present, conscious, awake, the better we will go through there 

Thinking in death, my feeling is: let's go really deep now, death could came in any moment. Better not be attached to nothing. Not easy, of course 

We must to overcome the fear, to break all the barriers, there are a lot. Barriers and barriers, until we are completely open. 

we have to be what we are, without fear. this existence seems infinite, we will continue to be. I think that the more fear is diluted now, the better. although who knows how this game works

Edited by Breakingthewall

12 hours ago, joelpires said:

Painless death is possible tho I believe man,

When you stop caring about survival, you will begin to realize that you’ve been imagining life and death this entire time. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Death is grace.

On 17/06/2023 at 7:08 PM, joelpires said:

knowing that it is about to stop forever?

Clearly it doesn't stop forever, because there is now this life.

Will you be at peace moments before your death?

Of course. Death is the only certainty in life that we can rest easy on knowing it will come or has come. There's just nothing more reassuring then death. 

Are you ready to accept a drastic change in your health conditions?

When there's no choice but to be ready, you will be ready. But if you still think that there is an alternative to death, then you will suffer from your delusions. Death is and has always been the conclusion of life.