Javfly33

How was Yoga invented?

76 posts in this topic

@Water by the River @Javfly33 ?

Feeling stuffily serious all of a sudden...time to summon @Bazooka Jesus xD

@Kuba Powiertowski Thanks for sharing, I read a good part of it and wholeheartedly agree.⚡ It's not unique to westerners, but the rajas focus on rapidly returning apparent value with minimal investment is sadly quintessential of our culture. Since we're discussing Ramana:

Q: Is it harder for westerners to withdraw inwards?

A: Yes, they are rajastic [mentally overactive] and their energy goes outward.

Q: Of what nature is the realization of westerners who relate that they have had flashes of cosmic consciousness?

A: It came as a flash and disappeared as such. That which has a beginning must also end. Only when the ever-present consciousness is realized will it be  permanent.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

30 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

You two - I mean @Javfly33 and @Moksha :)

We made Peace anyway ? ? But, idk, probably I guess at the end its all so imaginary than even the 'how' to get there its also unique. I´ll read your text now...

Also...For me, it makes sense the path I´ve chosen. I finally feel congruence. Maybe other people feel congruence in another way.

Probably there's not a single approach for all people. But I was defending the importance of techniques to get there, because 'no technique' never worked for me. 

Edited by Javfly33

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you could get in a boxing ring with a guy and practice concious suffering together

Good idea. Maybe @Yimpa can participate as punching bag to experience conscious suffering. We will hit him Consciously so he can successfully experience the suffering as conscious as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Good idea. Maybe @Yimpa can participate as punching bag to experience conscious suffering. We will hit him Consciously so he can successfully experience the suffering as conscious as possible. 

Yes, maybe more people on this forum could join us to help him to get that achievement of consciousness

13 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

But I was defending the importance of techniques to get there, because 'no technique' never worked for me. 

The technique has always been used for this. meditation once your mind has a minimum of cleaning is wonderful. the states you speak of are a big step. I've used a lot of psychedelics basically because my meditation was shit, dissonance. now it begins to be open, fluid.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

A: It came as a flash and disappeared as such. That which has a beginning must also end. Only when the ever-present consciousness is realized will it be  permanent.

That is why I need the kind of Wudang Kung Fu discipline that Yoga gives me. Sounds dualistic, and it has to be. This journey back has to start somewhere. And the fact that later it turns out to be a dream is a completely different story :)

4 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

That is why I need the kind of Wudang Kung Fu discipline that Yoga gives me. Sounds dualistic, and it has to be. This journey back has to start somewhere. And the fact that later it turns out to be a dream is a completely different story :)

Realizing that enlightenment is itself part of the story is the reason for the buddha smile, but let's not peek at the last page just yet. ^_^

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

8 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Should be delivered to my house in 1-2 weeks. Get yo broomsticks ready you hot witch aliens!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Adult-Punching-Bag-Costume/487741044

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

Feeling stuffily serious all of a sudden...time to summon @Bazooka Jesus xD

Grrrrooooaaaarrrrrrr, who dares to awaken me from my unholy slumber??

dead-and-loving-it-coffin-gif.gif?w=300&

Ouch, that hurt.

12 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

You two - I mean @Javfly33 and @Moksha :)

You two... should get a room. Seriously. ^_^

Btw, I just realized that my next post is going to be my 1000st post on this venerable forum. DAAAYYYUM! As much as I hate to break my self imposed abstinence and relapse into old bad habits, I am highly tempted to create a celebratory shitpost in honor of this most solemn occasion... let's see if my troll muses will grant me some inspiration for the noble task at hand.

Stay tuned, folks.

Why so serious?

4 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Btw, I just realized that my next post is going to be my 1000st post on this venerable forum. DAAAYYYUM! As much as I hate to break my self imposed abstinence and relapse into old bad habits, I am highly tempted to create a celebratory shitpost in honor of this most solemn occasion... let's see if my troll muses will grant me some inspiration for the noble task at hand.

I non-dualistically second this proposal, "Here, Here"!!!

Best boxing party ever, I'll bring the punch ? xD

@Bazooka Jesus @Benton   @Breakingthewall @gettoefl @Javfly33 @Kuba Powiertowski @Water by the River @Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI