uriel

Deep Fear of Being Alone

21 posts in this topic

Where does it come from?

When I am alone on a phenomenal level, aloness feels like the most stark thing in my experience, and I often end up contemplating aloneness, both metaphysically and on a phenomenal level. It feels unbearable to me, and I sometimes even begin to wail. The emotions are so strong. I feel such pain.

Why is this?

Edited by uriel

You are always alone, and it's great.

Stop looking for anyone to entertain you. Entertain yourself.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I'm wondering whether you could try to help me by answering the question - where does the pain come from? If possible at this time, could you try to give your take on this question? I would be grateful.

I am asking in reference to there being One mind, God's mind.

I find it to even be the case sometimes that there is a state regression from the One mind to multiplicity due to fear of and aversion to aloneness. 

Edited by uriel

The pain simply comes from entertaining wrong thoughts in your mind. Dwelling on negative shit that you shouldn't even be allowing in your mind.

Consciousness is so beautiful! Why aren't you thinking that instead?

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The pain simply comes from entertaining wrong thoughts in your mind. Dwelling on negative shit that you shouldn't even be allowing in your mind.

@Leo Gura In regards to thoughts, doesn't trying to suppress thoughts leads to shadow or more thoughts of same?(free flow) Or is it better to stop it and move to good thoughts.

When I trip, and goes to negative shit I change room or change sides if I am on bed. But also sometimes I dont and suffer. Like embracing everything.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

don’t you enjoy your own presence ?

dancing to music  might help

@Harikrishnan Rather than trying to suppress thought, shift your focus to higher quality thoughts.

What you focus your mind on is key. Focus on higher things. God is here. Why not focus on that.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Harikrishnan Rather than trying to suppress thought, shift your focus to higher quality thoughts.

What you focus your mind on is key. Focus on higher things. God is here. Why not focus on that.

This, Gold, but you gotta unlock the God DLC first.

I Am You!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Allow experiences that seem Alien, in.

;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@uriel its because you are focused in the relative. Relative exist in relation with other thing, so when there is not other, relative dissapear, that's why you feel fear. Absolute exist without anything else, it's always alone, but not really alone because it's surrounded by itself, since it ve no limit. You have to trascend the relative and realize the absolute, and it's no fear anymore.

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Absolute exist without anything else

Absolute exist AS anything else!

Been there, you'll get over it. I imagine you're feeling some sort of claustrophobic desperation coupled with sheer terror... sort of chilling, aren't you?

Anyways, it doesn't matter. You've been alone for eternity already, there's no eternity in front of you that you have to worry about. The truth is it's here already. You've gotta zoom out of the human perspective of linear time to notice this. Think about how there was no beginning to existence, that alone just obliterates any sense of time. You may as well have been here with no one but yourself for a gazillion eternities already. See? Doesn't matter one bit, you're worrying about nothing. 

Edited by michaelcycle00

@michaelcycle00  Alien!

Not only do you stop worrying about nothing, you appreciate nothing in any form it takes.

Edited by Yimpa

You have to see your human condition in the right context, namely that we've evolved to be social creatures and belonging to a group has been critical to our survival - this need to belong is deeply ingrained in the human psyche, and so on some level we feel like our very existence is threatened if we're cut off from everyone else. This is visceral, biological, and the only way to truly move past it is to become intimate with that fear, to become conscious of the instinctive resistance in yourself and to allow that to release. But that resistance is so deeply rooted that it isn't just going to release overnight, and the underlying fear may recede and then re-emerge for some time, so you do need to be patient, and you do need to have a willingness to allow the arising of uncomfortable sensations and strong emotions like terror and grief.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Thank you Leo. This helps me alot. Cheers my friend. I was thinking the same. It comes from simply allowing the mind to fabricate these particular thoughts. And if I don't allow for those particular thoughts to fabricate, the pain is absent and there is profound beauty. 

Thank you to all who took the time to reply in this thread ^_^

3 hours ago, uriel said:

Thank you Leo. This helps me alot. Cheers my friend. I was thinking the same. It comes from simply allowing the mind to fabricate these particular thoughts. And if I don't allow for those particular thoughts to fabricate, the pain is absent and there is profound beauty. 

You can't allow or not allow the mental flow because"you" are the mental flow.

the relative you is a mental construction created by the constant mental flow, which creates a kind of bubble that seems to enclose you and isolates you from reality. if the bubble disappears, you realize it didn't enclose you, but you were the bubble.

the terror of loneliness comes from the fear of the bubble disappearing. you need to interact with others to feed it. If you are alone, you will talk to yourself, create conversation, evoke memories, etc. everything to maintain the illusion of a you in relation to what is not you. if the bubble bursts, there are no limits. you have to prepare yourself little by little for this

@uriel this is purely on mind created thing. If you can be completely present while you feel alone. In time maybe a short time. The construction will pass. If you have total awareness of this. You will be able to see the nonsense nature of what the mind is trying to tell you. 

granted you are alone BUT this is not good or bad. The mind will wanted it to be bad because he’s not your friend not yet :D

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am.