Yimpa

Apple Vision Pro has been announced!

59 posts in this topic

Holy shit. Welcome to the future.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Fantastic but wearing that thing for hours is probably uncomfortable.

Oh the resolution is fantastic on this, this is a game changer. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

The chips, the resolution, the cost of innovation. I am no tech nerd but that thing will be expensive as hell. 

Might be worthed though. 

1 minute ago, Jannes said:

The chips, the resolution, the cost of innovation. I am no tech nerd but that thing will be expensive as hell. 

Might be worthed though. 

$3500

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

14 minutes ago, integral said:

Fantastic but wearing that thing for hours is probably uncomfortable.

Oh the resolution is fantastic on this, this is a game changer. 

*takes 5-MeO while using Apple Vision Pro… for science*

And AI will evolve so much in this time as well. I want to take a picture of a hot girl that I like, let AI track her behavior and then put her in VR world so I can practice on her. I will realize how much of a creep I am then rather talk and fail to attract her in RL than in VR. What a brilliant strategy. 

@Jannes oh god... this will be illegal real quick.

They will need to consent for that. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

31 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

*takes 5-MeO while using Apple Vision Pro… for science*

The possibilities are endless with that, give neuro feed back to an AI that will craft a world just for you to optimize for a specific brain state. 

It must be boring to wear that, plus it's probably quite expensive.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Jesus, this one is amzing! But the price tag is expected from Apple  xD

Microsoft, Google and Meta have been providing products in this industry for more than six years -- Google Glass, HoloLens, Meta Quest.

But Apple's success may depend on how good their implementation is, which seems to be very promising and much better than any other product released thus far.

It's also been rumored that Apple is already working on a cheaper model.

Edited by UnbornTao

Microsoft sells their HoloLens 2 for $3500, so it’s competitively priced with that. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hardware

I’d like Apple to come out with a cheaper version of their Vision Pro, but that’ll probably take a few years to come out. Price it around $1000 like the Meta Quest Pro

https://www.meta.com/quest/quest-pro/

—-

I also wonder if government will have to step in and create regulations around these headsets. I mean it’s common sense not to be walking in a Manhattan street with these headsets on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one person decides to do it and dies from being hit by a car. 

Police officer seen wearing headset while on duty… CONFIRMED!

IMG_0726.jpeg

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I also wonder if government will have to step in and create regulations around these headsets. I mean it’s common sense not to be walking in a Manhattan street with these headsets on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one person decides to do it and dies from being hit by a car. 

Why would that be a problem. Dont you have a complete view of everything?

32 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Why would that be a problem. Dont you have a complete view of everything?

Imma have to try it to find out. Apparently you’ll be able to test it out in Apple Stores soon. 

Why didn't they call it the iEye?

Missed opportunity right there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Why didn't they call it the iEye?

Missed opportunity right there.

Even better, iBalls. Meh

Eye for the I or Eye4i

Edited by StarStruck