Juan

How do you confirm you are actually Straight, Gay or Bisexual?

75 posts in this topic

I was watching recently a Andrew Schultz podcast (he is a comedian), and on his recent one interviewing Patrick Bet David, Patrick was telling a story about going to a queer club and in summary somebody in the story asked him: “how do you know you’re not gay?”, and Patrick says: ”Because I know it”, and the guy responded: “But how do you know it if you haven’t been with one?”. And there was a serious pause for contemplating the question.

It resonated a lot with me because some years ago I discovered I’m bisexual, but the way Patrick responded it was the same way I was responding for over 20+ years. So one day after a deep contemplation of my “something is missing in my relationships”, I asked myself this question, stick with it and go for the experience to confirm it. 

So for the people here on the forum, how do you know or confirm you aren’t another sexual orientation aside of straight? Just a feeling? Because even before I discovered I was bisexual, I thought most of my life I din’t felt attraction towards men, although there was one case in my childhood that confirms it and if you see my beginning drawings, there was A LOT appreciation for human/muscle anatomy so I enjoyed watching body builders competitions. Insights? Thoughts? 

Edited by Juan

The answer is: You bullshit your way through it.

You are not straight, you are not gay, you are not bisexual.

You are God.

Just do what you enjoy doing.

If you have to think really hard about if you are gay or not then I think it might not be worth it to ponder longer. But do what you like. Maybe you want to ponder this specific question.

Some people like to try drugs before they give it a yes or no. Others never want to try.

In the end you can never "know".

But don't worry, life goes on. And it is wonderful.

1 hour ago, universe said:

The answer is: You bullshit your way through it.

Interesting answer 

Yeah, I just wanted to see others people of concluding their answers, some people haven’t even question themselves this and it could be affecting negatively their actual relationships and life (at least that was my case with my firsts girlfriends).

it was "easy" for me, in 7th grade (Croatia's school system not USA) at the start of the puberty i got erection in locker room seeing half naked boy (torso) who was way more developed then average....

Haha, if you are straight it's super easy to know it. As a guy, you have absolutely zero interest in naked men. If you have even a little bit of interest at looking at naked men or caring about men, you are at least somewhat bi or gay.

For a straight man, other men pose zero attractive interest. There is no curiosity to peak and you feel nothing for other men.

Consider how much interest you have at looking at dogs' assholes. Well, being straight is like that but with men at a whole. You just can't be bothered to care.

You don't need to test out gay sex if you are straight for the same reason you don't need to test out having sex with dogs. It simply has zero appeal for you and that is obvious to you without any experimentation.

If you are pulled to experiment, then that's your clue that you ain't straight.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha, if you are straight it's super easy to know it. As a guy, you have absolutely zero interest in naked men. If you have even a little bit of interest at looking a naked men or caring about men, you are at least somewhat bi or gay.

Do you factor in the amount of sexual repression or the environment?

For example prisoners have a lot of gay sex in prison but they are not as much gay once they get out. They get so many hot girls. 

@Leo Gura alright i ain't straight. however once i masturbated looking at a picture of a monkey and i enjoyed it. what does that mean ?

@Leo Gura Very straight answer of yours.:D

Yes but for real I think is tricky depending the person, I even remember one time a guy asked me at the beach if I wanted to kiss him and I answered him no with a straight face haha, telling him I was straight back then, I laugh now and regret it a bit for not had done it with the understanding I have now.:|

Edited by Juan

8 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Do you factor in the amount of sexual repression or the environment?

Of course the key is to be extremely honest with yourself about your true impulses. You could have impulses which you are suppressing due to shame, fear, culture, etc.

But in the end, after you cut through all that crap, the question will come down to: Do you have impulses towards seeing other men naked? If you have zero such impulses, you are straight. Looking at a naked man does absolutely nothing for me. I might as well be looking at a brick wall. That's how interested/excited it makes me. And looking at naked women has the polar opposite effect. It's extremely stark and binary. It's really a form of insanity.

Edited by Leo Gura

I believe it is very fluid. I have zero interest in men while I am sober. No repression, no shame. But when on LSD I can see everything as kinda sexy, even a tree.

Don't you have that sort of sexual universality while on LSD @Leo Gura?

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

4 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Definitely not. It all goes to girls.

I don't need to fuck anything but a girl.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Majed said:

once i masturbated looking at a picture of a monkey and i enjoyed it.

I'll just show myself out.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

It all goes to girls.

That would be a cool song.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Just now, Arthogaan said:

That would be a cool song.

Here's your song:

2 hours ago, Majed said:

once i masturbated looking at a picture of a monkey and i enjoyed it

9 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

I believe it is very fluid. I have zero interest in men while I am sober. No repression, no shame. But when on LSD I can see everything as kinda sexy, even a tree.

Cocaine and MDMA have a reputation for making people "gay".
I do not know why.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Definitely not. It all goes to girls.

I don't need to fuck anything but a girl.

What kind of girl? :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

2 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Vibes how can you guys not be attracted by this, god 

licensed-image.jpg

He's probably trolling

@Schizophonia i mean technically when you're being attracted to girls you're being attracted to monkeys. what do you think you're doing stupid. it's your speciesist mindset to say that we can't be attracted to monkeys from other species. that's like saying a white man can't be attracted to a black woman/man. 

Nice try, but technically humans are not monkeys, we are a kind of ape.

1 minute ago, Majed said:

@Schizophonia i mean technically when you're being attracted to girls you're being attracted to monkeys. what do you think you're doing stupid. it's your speciesist mindset to say that we can't be attracted to monkeys from other species. that's like saying a white man can't be attracted to a black woman/man. 

For real, I'm not "attracted to women", I don't have a chromosome detector.

I am more likely to develop romantic/sexual feelings towards certain types of men with a particularly youthful or even feminine energy (and physique), than towards certain women.
I don't think I can get an erection in front of a human barrel that picks up its twinkies every day at the wallmart in an electric wheelchair.
lmao