UnlovingGod

What are your opinions on China

60 posts in this topic

People's thoughts on China get clouded because they feel threatened by it. 

There's nothing to fear because the degree to which China becomes authoritarian the weaker they become due to inefficiencies in its economy. 

43 minutes ago, Stovo said:

People's thoughts on China get clouded because they feel threatened by it. 

There's nothing to fear because the degree to which China becomes authoritarian the weaker they become due to inefficiencies in its economy. 

Your thoughts get clouded because you don't feel threatened by it.

China will most likely co-exist with USA as super powers in a multi-polar world-order. My prediction is that the globalization will be polarized to such an extent that countries must carefully choose allies.

I don't think China is up there as a super power yet. The rise of China the last four decades has been to quick and things can quickly falter and send them back years of progress. I don't know if the outcome of China's presumed housing bubble back in 2021/2022 has been fully actualized but that might be one of the things that can halt China's growth.

I do find a lot of news report on China to be extremely biased. Sure, it's no secret that they want to expand their influence around the world but that doesn't mean it poses some kind of threat to, say the US and the west. And with threat I mean war. If you flip the coin one might say that the US are the ones responsible for escalating things with all their military bases close by pretty much guaranteeing to keep China's naval fleet in check. Now THAT'S confrontational. But on the flip side it's very worrying what methods the Chinese take to control the south china sea with all the artificial islands being constructed for military purposes. 

Trying to work out a meaningful partnership and alliance with China should be of great priority of both the US and Chinese government. Easier said than done, it's two completely different countries with fundamentally different cultures. How do you even approach that? The easiest way of course is to flex your muscles which can result in the worst catastrophe of the 21st century with two superpowers colliding. The Taiwan issue might be the instigator of this.

Edited by 8Ball

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

12 minutes ago, 8Ball said:

but that doesn't mean it poses some kind of threat to, say the US and the west. And with threat I mean war. If you flip the coin one might say that the US are the ones responsible for escalating things with all their military bases close by pretty much guaranteeing to keep China's naval fleet in check. Now THAT'S confrontational.

Unbelievable. You say that China isn't a military threat. And if it does attack, then it's US fault.

Dude, go get some fresh air and rethink or something. Because that is just horribly wrong.

Edited by Blackhawk

@8Ball

12 minutes ago, 8Ball said:

China will most likely co-exist with USA as super powers in a multi-polar world-order. My prediction is that the globalization will be polarized to such and extent that countries must carefully choose sides.

I don't think China is up there as a super power yet. The rise of China the last four decades has been to quick and things can quickly falter and send them back years of progress. I don't know if the outcome of China's presumed housing bubble back in 2021/2022 has been fully actualized but that might be one of the things that can halt China's growth.

I do find a lot of news report on China to be extremely biased. Sure, it's no secret that they want to expand their influence around the world but that doesn't mean it poses some kind of threat to, say the US and the west. And with threat I mean war. If you flip the coin one might say that the US are the ones responsible for escalating things with all their military bases close by pretty much guaranteeing to keep China's naval fleet in check. Now THAT'S confrontational. But on the flip side it's very worrying what methods the Chinese take to control the south china sea with all the artificial islands being constructed for military purposes. 

Trying to work out a meaningful partnership and alliance with China should be of great priority of both the US and Chinese government. Easier said than done, it's two completely different countries with fundamentally different cultures. How do you even approach that? The easiest way of course is to flex your muscles which can result in the worst catastrophe of the 21st century with two superpowers colliding. The Taiwan issue might be the instigator of this.

Is this multi polar example of countries picking sides inthe new world depending on nuclear power and countries with nuclear weapons,  or economic debts?

Is the housing bubble in China part of the ghost cities it makes?

Are there other ways you think that China and America can achieve a peaceful cooperative partnership despite cultural differences and ideological differences? Besides flexing military might?

Have you seen the news of a Chinese cruiser nearly hitting an American one?

@Blackhawk

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Unbelievable. You say that China isn't a military threat. And if it does attack, then it's US fault.

Dude, go get some fresh air and rethink or something.

Calm down. Just because I rejected you in dms asking me out, and you feeing a bit beta male, doesn't mean it's okay for you to act hot headed and immature here. I suggest take a break and go take your frustrations by mowing the lawn.

53 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Dude, go get some fresh air and rethink or something. Because that is just horribly wrong.

Thank you for your post.

Let's just dissect this carefully, I think you might be reading too much between my lines.

I didn't claim that China isn't a military threat. I even mentioned that I find it worrysome how China has built artificial islands in the south China sea housing militart bases on them. This is obviously a tactic to gain military control of the south china sea. In my world yes, that poses a threat.

The US has built a huge number of military bases around the same area. China is pretty much blocked off because of the great presence of US Navy. How can this be interpreted ANY other way as a threat to China when you observe it from a Chinese perspective? OF COURSE it would. And OF COURSE the US finds China's expansion a threat, especially how illegal their manmade islands are. (Many neighboring country claim ownership of those parts of the sea)

And I never claimed it would be USA's fault if China would attack. What I'm doing here is analyzing as objectively as I can. I want to learn this potential conflict as logical I can.

I don't think China and USA will engage in a direct war with each other. But if China would attack first, I would blame China. If USA would do so, I would blame the US. If China invades Taiwan (which seema like a possibility) then my guess a proxy war would break out and honestly I don't know if I would support western help to Taiwan the same way I do with Ukraine. It's a very complicated issue but if Taiwan would gain official independence from China, that would obviously be the best outcome. Like come on, you're fine without them.

From all I've learned about China, they have experienced immense growth like never witnessed In history, as a natural consequence they have to protect their interests and grow a powerful military matching their growth. Growing a powerful military that might overtake the US in the future does NOT inherently mean a threat. Constantly flying over Taiwans airspace and building manmade islands in the south china sea is however serious. 

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

@8Ball China sees it as a threat against their possibility to invade other countries and be offensive yes.

Criminals see it as a threat if there is strong locks.

US sees a strong chinese military as a real offensive threat coming from China.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@8Ball

Is this multi polar example of countries picking sides inthe new world depending on nuclear power and countries with nuclear weapons,  or economic debts?

Is the housing bubble in China part of the ghost cities it makes?

Are there other ways you think that China and America can achieve a peaceful cooperative partnership despite cultural differences and ideological differences? Besides flexing military might?

Have you seen the news of a Chinese cruiser nearly hitting an American one?

I think one of China's ambition is to reach its influence around the world as much as possible. That might include trying to have the Yuan be the world currency. I think the division in the future (west/east) will most likely be due to culture and/or which side can benefit more? Us and China will at some point be equal (although it's hard for China to compete combat experience since they haven't got any.

Yes, the ghost cities are part of it. People would buy apartments and pay for it even if no construction had began.

If a partnership or alliance of some sort would mean the US loses its status as the world's sole reserve currency then no. As long as the Taiwan issue is on the Chinese governments agenda then no. I don't see anything other than tensions rising. Where it ends I have no idea and can't see a solution.

I have not seen that report but will look it up immediately.

The people of China are wonderful and great people like many nations.  Like any other government, they are often the biggest problem and do not represent the masses.  

I have spoken to people in many places around the world including Russia. In every interaction, I concluded they are like me.  Want to love, want to be loved.  

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

@8Ball China sees it as a threat against their possibility to invade other countries and be offensive yes.

Criminals see it as a threat if there is strong locks.

US sees a strong chinese military as a real offensive threat coming from China.

If you say so.

@Tanz

3 hours ago, Tanz said:

The people of China are wonderful and great people like many nations.  Like any other government, they are often the biggest problem and do not represent the masses.  

I have spoken to people in many places around the world including Russia. In every interaction, I concluded they are like me.  Want to love, want to be loved.  

Partly true, it's mainly the CCP and the Russian government that's the problem, although if you want to trace the root problem, it's also the mass consciousness of the population that feeds their government structure, due to other developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, states of consciousness and modes of being and modes of becoming, 9 stages of ego development and shadow aspects of the psyche, life experiences and other lines of development, other ideological beliefs and indoctrinations from upbringing and culture. It's all fundamentally relative regardless of the ABSOLUTE nature of GOD and INFINITY, this world is still finite and still everyone will not have enough, which creates scarcity that's fundamental to SURVIVAL, economics 101, despite whatever political beliefs and fantasies anyone has, YOU STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH LIMITED RESOURCES OF SCARCITY AND THAT NOT EVERYONE WILL GET EQUAL STUFF. 

@8Ball

9 hours ago, 8Ball said:

I think one of China's ambition is to reach its influence around the world as much as possible. That might include trying to have the Yuan be the world currency. I think the division in the future (west/east) will most likely be due to culture and/or which side can benefit more? Us and China will at some point be equal (although it's hard for China to compete combat experience since they haven't got any.

Yes, the ghost cities are part of it. People would buy apartments and pay for it even if no construction had began.

If a partnership or alliance of some sort would mean the US loses its status as the world's sole reserve currency then no. As long as the Taiwan issue is on the Chinese governments agenda then no. I don't see anything other than tensions rising. Where it ends I have no idea and can't see a solution.

I have not seen that report but will look it up immediately.

How will China deal with it's ghost cities, unless there's a conspiracy that they know ghosts exists but won't say they exist so they literally make the cities for ghosts to inhabit???

True, China will be difficult in being equal military wise to America, but roughly speaking they'll be equal in economics and maybe ideology if more people from different cultures go to China. Maybe an uprising might change it? So many things can happen...

Hopefully the tensions around Taiwan will resolve, it's just silly looking at this from the big picture, slaughter billions of people over one Island, like grow up guys!

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Blackhawk

Calm down. Just because I rejected you in dms asking me out, and you feeing a bit beta male, doesn't mean it's okay for you to act hot headed and immature here. I suggest take a break and go take your frustrations by mowing the lawn.

Instead of asking you out in DMs, allow me to be the bigger man and ask you out in public. Or will you reject me based on my developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, states of consciousness and modes of being and modes of becoming, 9 stages of ego development and shadow aspects of the psyche, life experiences and other lines of development, other ideological beliefs and indoctrinations from upbringing and culture?

I know a lot about the Chinese being a Chinese myself (in a foreign country).

Positive traits of Chinese: (in general)

- peace loving (except for top rank officials)

- hardworking

- smart (because most are hardworking)

- value family more than country or religion (hence peace loving)

Negative traits:

- Driven by money (Hence a lot of imitation products, plus poor quality material to save cost)

- Shallow in thinking (Only cares about money and family, don't care about deeper stuff, lacks spiritual guidance)

- Negative in thinking (everything sucks and they don't relax, have fun as much but things are changing)

The issue with big country like China and Russia is you need to be ruthless in order to rise up to become the President or some top rank officials but if you are too ruthless, you become the next Deng Xiaoping or Putin.

Edited by hyruga

@thenondualtankie

1 hour ago, thenondualtankie said:

Instead of asking you out in DMs, allow me to be the bigger man and ask you out in public. Or will you reject me based on my developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, states of consciousness and modes of being and modes of becoming, 9 stages of ego development and shadow aspects of the psyche, life experiences and other lines of development, other ideological beliefs and indoctrinations from upbringing and culture?

Probably would reject, but I'll still say good cold approach. Don't condone creepy spamming dms of me though, anyone creepy gets the ignore list.

On 6/1/2023 at 6:37 AM, UnlovingGod said:

What's your opinion on China probably becoming the next world super power and overtaking the US. I've got a certain opinion, but I don't want to share it and hear your honest thoughts.

China is even metaphorically dirtier than the USA. 

On 6/6/2023 at 7:34 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Partly true, it's mainly the CCP and the Russian government that's the problem, although if you want to trace the root problem, it's also the mass consciousness of the population that feeds their government structure

Western developed countries aren't that far off, they just did the raping and pillaging earlier and much better than everyone else.  When you are in a country on time its easier to be "good"
We cant even get our own politics right to show the world how it should be done.  Extreme vanity and materialism has corrupted minds all over the world and even Sadhguru has mentioned it as a warning to the people of India.  
India is a really unique country because it's riddled with extremely rich and poor people.  They are also more evolved spiritually at the same time and seem to co-exist with different groups of people much better, and yet it's not safe for women to walk and night alone so they just don't do those things.  
The irony is China has universal healthcare and they are probably ranked higher than America in total health of a nation but if you make any negative criticism of the CCP you can go to jail or even disappear.  Then in America, getting sick can cause you to lose your home and go bankrupt, then homeless.  From the Chinese people they may see what America does to it's citizens and people around the world as evil.  From an American perspective its easier to point the finger back at them for many other things.   I have spoken to an American that runs business in countries in Asia and America and he told me its much easier in China to become rich if you work hard compared to America.  
Would I rather raise my kids in Western develop country over China, of course, but at the same time I am aware of that freedom and liberty means many things in different cultures and there are advantages and disadvantages in most countries.  

China will become the next world power. Surpassing the US.

Id be scared of chinas progress. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

China is becoming a superpower without international aggression. How impressive! Also don't buy into that Xinjiang horseshit so easily guys.

Y'all better not cancel me for suggesting that.