funkychunkymonkey

any other infj's??? :D

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@Moksha i can relate. have you found ways to overcome this? 

It's been a journey for sure. Seeing through the lies of my religious beliefs was helpful early on. It liberated me from the shackles of indoctrination, but not from self-judgment.

I've always had a deep intrinsic desire to align my life with truth. The ego is so insidious that it perverts even a pure desire like this into perpetual shame, in the pursuit of perfection.

It took decades of suffering before I finally realized that my desire to be good wasn't doing any good. I had to be prostrated by own karma of continuous anxiety, OCD, guilt, depression, and seeing how my suffering was causing those I love to suffer, before I was finally ready to surrender.

If only I had surrendered sooner, but better late than never.

@funkychunkymonkey I stutter as well. Just one in a trail of easter eggs that I hid within this character's life, as a pointer to deepening awareness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha 100% relatable

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

10 hours ago, Moksha said:

It's been a journey for sure. Seeing through the lies of my religious beliefs was helpful early on. It liberated me from the shackles of indoctrination, but not from self-judgment.

I've always had a deep intrinsic desire to align my life with truth. The ego is so insidious that it perverts even a pure desire like this into perpetual shame, in the pursuit of perfection.

It took decades of suffering before I finally realized that my desire to be good wasn't doing any good. I had to be prostrated by own karma of continuous anxiety, OCD, guilt, depression, and seeing how my suffering was causing those I love to suffer, before I was finally ready to surrender.

If only I had surrendered sooner, but better late than never.

@funkychunkymonkey I stutter as well. Just one in a trail of easter eggs that I hid within this character's life, as a pointer to deepening awareness.

How could religious dogmas free you from indoctrination? How could it be possible that your life is not in line with the "truth"? At first glance, this looks like a paradox.
I think you're bothering too much. :ph34r:

Incidentally your symptoms look like under methylation 

common-symptoms-undermethylation-800x533.png

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

My results 2023

IMG_0687.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Schizophonia Religious dogmas were the source of my indoctrination. I was spiritual before religion, during religion, and after religion. Religious beliefs added an unnecessary conceptual layer that obscured rather than facilitated absolute awareness. I used to bother too much, but not much bothers me any more.

@Judy2 I wouldn't be surprised, given that "J" personalities are more likely to judge themselves or others, with the collateral damage that ensues in its wake. Judgment is a megaphone. Initially it amplifies the voice of misidentification, but after realization, it amplifies the inner voice. We are seers and prophets in the making xD

In a nutshell, a couple years ago my suffering reached the critical mass necessary for me to break. I realized that the lies my mind had told me about what was necessary for happiness and peace (hyper-vigilance, perpetual mental processing, harsh recrimination for minor mistakes, etc.) had led to just the opposite. It was unrelenting torture that only became worse with time. I remember this image of white-knuckled fingers clinging desperately to the ledge, and willingly letting go to fall into the void. I didn't know what would happen, only that anything was better than the hell I was in.

My awareness plummeted deeper, and the absolute within caught itself and kept it safe. That was my awakening.

There are more chapters than that, but it gives you a glimpse which I hope is helpful in some way.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@funkychunkymonkey

On 2023-05-21 at 6:16 PM, funkychunkymonkey said:

hard to other infjs... im sure here theres a bunch!

What do you mean INJFs? Can you give some examples?

@Judy2 Yes, a moral compass is a good analogy. Judgment is the steadiness of the needle, but it is only useful when an accurate map is being followed xD INFJs tend to troop off in whatever direction our current level of awareness tells us to go. It may be toward an oasis or off a cliff, but we march with determination to the inevitable end.

The "N" in us can be honed to ensure we are carrying the correct map in the first place.

As you have realized, behaviors that help us feel safe often cause more harm than good. Of course, we need form survival to continue experiencing the dream, but the truth is that most of what is required can be sustained on autopilot. This realization is especially poignant for people like INFJs who tend to maximize everything, including the suffering of misguided navigation.

Instead of losing yourself in attempts to feel safe from external threats, or to secure happiness through external desires, the secret is to find yourself within. When it happens, the light of the absolute will burst through, and you will laugh at former attempts to protect that which can never be harmed.

My advice is to find whatever tool that turns your attention inward. Maybe it's meditation, guidance from an awakened teacher, contemplation of writings like the Bhagavad Gita, or ideally direct self-inquiry. It's less about the method than about leveraging whatever method helps you enter the gate of absolute realization.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Are you implying that me, as a personality and value as a human being, is near at the bottom?

Maybe bottom and top are identical ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

@Judy2 By turning your attention inward, I don't mean thinking about thinking. That only entangles you further, like struggling to free yourself from a Chinese finger trap.

Have you tried meditation? It's about focusing on something other than the mind, rather than trying to control the mind. For people that struggle with hyperactive thoughts, meditation can be a helpful step toward realization. It trains you to allow thoughts to come and go, without identifying or engaging with them.

If meditation isn't helpful, mantras and physical yoga can be a useful starting point.

Regardless of what takes you inward, realization is sinking into the stillness of the absolute. It is pure blissful silence. Sometimes spiritual insights will spontaneously arise when I meditate, which is beautiful, but then awareness returns to its source. Eventually, you reach the point where abiding in awareness becomes your default state. It sublimates the experience of life.

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

i know you don't mean that, but it's what keeps happening here. although it is true that i'd benefit from starting some kind of meditation practice.

I have a soft spot in my avatar heart for fellow INFJs xD

Wish you the best in your meditation practice. "The Mind Illuminated" was my go-to, but there are many other great guides out there.

The mind is like a bull desperately trying to escape from its pen. A skilled rider may be able to stay a few seconds on its back, but even the best will eventually be thrown. Instead of directly confronting the bull, try distracting it by offering some sweet grass. It doesn't have to be the enemy, and can actually learn to be your friend. ?

@Yimpa

22 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Maybe bottom and top are identical ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

But you said that my personality type is near the bottom, so is that implying I'm at the bottom?

I think I had an INFJ friend (we took the test) in high school, or at least he was a "diplomat".

I remember he thought I was weird because I was cracking dirty jokes, politically incorrect, or just childishly miming bombings with a fake plane made with a ruler and a pen.

"piou piou piou"

Ah ah, the good times ?

edit : my mom took the test and is an INFJ, explain some things :ph34r:

edit 2 :I redid the test being as honest as possible and in fact I would be "ENTP", we learn about it every day, I suddenly change gangs lol

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Judy2 How do i find an INFJ female in my surroundings. INFJ is  the best type for me. the problem is they blend in with surroundings and people think they are an extrovert

On 5/21/2023 at 10:16 PM, funkychunkymonkey said:

hard to other infjs... im sure here theres a bunch!

Present.

Can't talk to people who are insensitive.