integral

Feeling dizzy when i take omega-3 supplement

16 posts in this topic

Ive experimented with omega-3 supplements for years, every time its the same result, ill feel weak and have symptoms similar to low blood pressure right after taking them. This is the main reason im skeptical of the effectiveness of these supplement or any supplement and the claims people make that they are healthy alternatives to real food in the vegan path. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Do you have the same symptoms by eating fish ? (like salmon, trout...) If the answer is yes, raw fish or cooked, how ?

I guess omega 3 supplements can be more contamined by some stuffs (mercury), largely oxyded or something like that.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia No besides a slight drop in energy from the burden of digesting meat, lasts a few hours. 

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

I guess omega 3 supplements can be more contamined by some stuffs (mercury), largely oxyded or something like that.

Right maybe i need better quality supplements. :ph34r:

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Some supplements have side effects. High doses of Vitamin D have caused me irritability and insomnia if taken late in the day. Expect the occasional unpleasant effect at times. Having said that, I'm not a doctor, just a guy on the internet.

Try krill oil.

Edited by UnbornTao

I don't take many supplements these days, I just found that I feel better taking as little stuff as possible.

What is your average daily blood pressure?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

12 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

What is your average daily blood pressure?

Ill check the average, but last time I did one a month ago it was low. 

Edited by integral

2 hours ago, integral said:

ll check the average, but last time I did one a month ago it was low. 

if your BP is already low, fish oil can reduce it even further, this is why they (including fish) are so useful for cardiovascular health, because of their anticoagulant effect combined with hypotensive effects which is why they are not generally recommended for cardiac patients who are on meds already. 

Hawthorn, allicin, aspirin, ginkgo, gotu kola and bunch of other nutraceuticals can do that to you as well

So the dizziness might be an effect of hypotension. But it might be down to something else too, hypoglycemia maybe too if you generally eat low carb diet, maybe there is an effect on blood glucose as well. 

Might be a combination of multiple factors 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Why does fish oil reduce BP while eating fish has less of a immediate or sharp impact on BP? 

@integral probably a dose dependant effect it is easier to get higher doses from concentrated oil

Edited by Michael569

Same i get brain fog and there are many people who have bad reaction to fish oil, you can find it on reddit

I always got side effects like dizziness and heart palpitations whenever I took fish oil pretty much my whole life until I started using better (some Canadian) brands. Nordic Naturals gives me no side effects at all. Leads me to think maybe it was the impurities.

If it makes you feel bad, then it’s best to stop taking it no matter what the science and anecdotal reports say. 

With that said, now I’m questioning whether my fish oil consumption is causing my own brain fog and fatigue :S

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

22 hours ago, Yimpa said:

If it makes you feel bad, then it’s best to stop taking it no matter what the science and anecdotal reports say. 

With that said, now I’m questioning whether my fish oil consumption is causing my own brain fog and fatigue :S

I got brain fog (and rapid heart rate and low blood pressure) almost every time taking fish oil, my entire life — various brands but primarily “Nature Made”. Well… Just switched to “Nordic Naturals” — no brain fog (or any side effects whatsoever) at all! Fwiw.

@The0Self I use Nordic Naturals as well B| 

The EPA bottle, 2 capsules daily. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 21.5.2023 at 10:51 PM, The0Self said:

I always got side effects like dizziness and heart palpitations whenever I took fish oil pretty much my whole life until I started using better (some Canadian) brands. Nordic Naturals gives me no side effects at all. Leads me to think maybe it was the impurities.

Nah i get the same from nordic naturals.