Mesopotamian

Life Is Fair, Isn't It?

15 posts in this topic

The more I think about it, the more I tend to believe that life is fair. You can always find answers, and you can always grow in character.. 

You don't need to feel pity for those whom you think less fortunate than you, you don't have to tell yourself that your situation is still better than many in order to feel good.

Everyone in this life has been given the correct cards.

I feel like there is often a balance in suffering. Like incarnating yourself in a simple life but ending up on bestgore, or in a Westerner bathed in comfort but ruminating your whole life. Something like that.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Yes it is as Life is endless, balance always come eventhough oscillations can sometimes be pretty unfair

I don't think so. there are a lot of people have it much easier than me, those who born rich and good health, Chads who get girls with no efforts, you name it, there are people who have higher stats in every possible field initially than you. its just a fact. obvious enough

On 16.5.2023 at 8:05 AM, Mesopotamian said:

You can always find answers, and you can always grow in character.. 

Even if you get born in the middle of a warzone? Even if you grow up in an abusive family installing you with tons of trauma?

You want Life to be fair. Be fair with yourself ???

Just now, thierry said:

You want Life to be fair. Be fair with yourself ???

(This comment was not for all around the world who have it harder than me.)

for them I should simply tell. 
Yes Life Is Very Unfair

It would be inaccurate to describe life as fair or unfair only.

Life is both fair and unfair, life is paradoxical and contradicting.

There are lots of examples why life is fair. Like, one may put some work to achieve something and he will get results according to their efforts. It's fair, they was treated fairly by life and got what they deserved.

That's how it usually works, we take a certain action and we get the relevant results. That's fair.

We put seeds in the ground, we make sure they receive all the good stuff like sun, water, nutritious soil,our love and caring, everything in proportionate amount, and we get a beautiful tree, wheat, rice or strawberries (!!) after a while.

If we don't put good seeds or don't give them enough sun or water them too much, they won't grow or grow bad, and that also would be fair.

Or, sometimes someone cause people a lot of suffering and got punishment, whether it's by the law or by the life itself. In those cases people often say:"He got what he deserved".

And there are lots of examples of the unfairness of life.

For example, it's unfair that some people were born rich while others were born poor.

It's unfair that so many animals are being killed everyday because of the selfishness of one species.

Or, it's unfair that some people born with lots of genetic problems while others are born genetically strong and healthy.

The most relevant question in my opinion is what we do about it?

We can try to understand what fairness is. We can try to appriciate it more in our lives. 

How we treat the unfairness of life?

We can try to change it when it's in our power and control. 

We can try to accept it and let it go when it's not within our power and control.

We can say that many times we define things that happened in our lives as fair or unfair from an egoic and selfish perspective.

'fair' is what benefits our egos, survival, agenda.

'unfair' is what doesn't.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

It really depends on context and the level of consciousness of the person answering the question. One person would say life is terribly unfair. One might say it's perfectly fair. Both would be correct.

David Hawkins is known to say that all you need to do is remove the clouds that block the sunlight. What that basically means is that thought stories, fantasies, and comparisons get in the way of peace of mind. Especially comparison to the past and regret for actions taken or not taken in the past, and comparison to what others have and the resulting jealousy.

If one focuses on the present moment, open focus, absent of thought stories, the peace of mind can gradually take over.  It's helpful to keep in mind that the fantasy is often more alluring than reality. A lot of men fantasize over their crush, as an example, without getting to know the real person. Then they get upset that reality did not meet their expectations. This is insane behavior.

Edited by sholomar

29 minutes ago, sholomar said:

It really depends on context and the level of consciousness of the person answering the question. One person would say life is terribly unfair. One might say it's perfectly fair. Both would be correct.

David Hawkins is known to say that all you need to do is remove the clouds that block the sunlight. What that basically means is that thought stories, fantasies, and comparisons get in the way of peace of mind. Especially comparison to the past and regret for actions taken or not taken in the past, and comparison to what others have and the resulting jealousy.

If one focuses on the present moment, open focus, absent of thought stories, the peace of mind can gradually take over.  It's helpful to keep in mind that the fantasy is often more alluring than reality. A lot of men fantasize over their crush, as an example, without getting to know the real person. Then they get upset that reality did not meet their expectations. This is insane behavior.

Thank you for this well-balanced reply :)

On 5/16/2023 at 0:05 AM, Mesopotamian said:

The more I think about it, the more I tend to believe that life is fair. You can always find answers, and you can always grow in character.. 

Fairness is a relative construct of the human mind. By the above standard, how is it fair for a 10 year-old kid who has barely begun his life to die from cancer? His window for finding answers and growing in character is dramatically shorter than most people.

Not to say that fairness is an unworthy aspiration. On the relative level, it has worth.

Instead of applying fairness as a precondition for happiness, see reality for what it is, without being miserable about it. Unconditionally embrace the experience of whatever life brings you. Drink it fully and devour it the marrow, without losing your awareness within it. This is the dream feast!

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 5/16/2023 at 7:05 AM, Mesopotamian said:

You can always find answers, and you can always grow in character

can't say this about my grandma with dementia

And on a more general case, many people are poor, and don't have the time or the tech to be reading a forum like this.

And even for those with the resources and the potential. They can't choose what to do. They will automatically do whatever they think is best, given their programming from genetics and what they have experienced. They might be poisoned by some ideology, low self-esteem...

These are so many of these...

Edited by Dioxide2533