Bob Seeker

Mistakes you’ve made with psychedelics

55 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, integral said:

Having a bad trip sitter that directly and passive aggressively attacked me at the peak for being irresponsible. I was even punched. Big mistake. I barely managed to maintain a positive state by brushing off the hours of constant verbal negativity coming my way. It some how managed to still be a great trip lmao

I’m hella sensitive.

I did my first trip solo (what was I thinking!?). My dad walked in the house 30 mins later as I was totally out of it, curled up like a zombie. He was all chill during the entire trip.

However, my sister walked in 30 mins after my dad. She said one little thing with a slight attitude, yet to me it felt like the most personal attack EVER. 

It did ultimately end up being a great trip… actually all of them. 

An insight I’m having by sharing this trip… being highly sensitive is a gift and a curse. I can be aware of the most subtle signs of devilry (a gift), yet if I’m not careful I can let that consume and destroy me (a curse).

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I took a heavy dose of LSD at my first psytrance festival. At its peak, I smoked weed and experienced a massive, earth-shattering ego death that left my mind completely empty. When I started to find out what was going on, I went completely insane and spent eternity in hell.

I just think it's a mistake for taking such a high dose at a festival with so many people and such a stimulating environment. In the end everything went well, but only because I have good friends who take care of me.

21 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

An insight I’m having by sharing this trip… being highly sensitive is a gift and a curse. I can be aware of the most subtle signs of devilry (a gift), yet if I’m not careful I can let that consume and destroy me (a curse).

The more conscious you become, the more of a gift it becomes. Definitely didn't help in school :P

36 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Some people have hyper sensitivity issues and are in that state all the time. I new one and its like there brain is on psychedelics all the time, they could see colors and shapes 24/7 when they close there eyes> I gave them a very small micro dosage of mushrooms and they would have full trip! 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Yimpa my girlfriend 

Today we heared the music again. Was a bit better sober. But somehow boring. Just noise of instruments for me, not creepy, not sad. Just noise

@OBEler did your gf also have a bad trip at the concert, or just you?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa  that was not a bad trip at all! Also my girlfriend said it was ok. 

Just a waste of a trip and therefore a mistake.

I never experienced really a bad trip (over 100 experiences) 

@OBEler Huh… so ugly does not necessarily mean bad. I love to hear it! I will contemplate on this further.

I’m still stuck in groupthink, that is, if something is not regarded as acceptable by mainstream’s  standards, then it automatically makes it bad. 

I love questioning my assumptions!

@Yimpa to make something ugly is more easy than to make something beautiful

On lsd I want to hear something beautiful and not just noise of instruments 

Edited by OBEler

On 5/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, eggopm3 said:

This is irresponsible advice that could cause harm to someone who is more naive about using these substances.

Someone says "I had a bad trip, and these are the mistakes i made that caused it" in a thread about making mistakes, and you basically say "no you didnt". 

If I wasn't already experienced with psychedelics and knew how to handle myself that could have been a traumatizing experience (and like I said, I *would* have stuck it out had other people not gotten involved).

You don't know what I was experiencing or my circumstances. No awakening experience was possible on this occasion for all the reasons I listed and more I didn't because I'm not going to detail all the events of my personal life on this forum. My set and setting were poor, and I did learn from it. 

All limiting beliefs this entire response is just your fear talking.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Not properly making sure what I took. I once ordered some RC drug back in 2014 and the seller sent me a sample of something I assumed was the same drug just with a different potency. Hell no, it turned out it was a dissociative and the combination of losing grip of reality and feeling death creeping on you, and not knowing why it happens because I just took a small dose of the drug I ordered. That's scary many. Had I KNOWN it was a dissociative I wouldn't have freaked out the way I did. It didn't help it was my first time ingesting a dissociative and I had no clue about this class of substances and the experiences they offer.

At least I learned how death feel like. Pure terror. Well at least in the beginning. A sense of peace and bliss will accompany that afterwards I'm sure.

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

@8Ball that shit happens to me on weed lol.

I’ve learned to love that experience. Call me coo-coo

5 hours ago, 8Ball said:

Not properly making sure what I took. I once ordered some RC drug back in 2014 and the seller sent me a sample of something I assumed was the same drug just with a different potency. Hell no, it turned out it was a dissociative and the combination of losing grip of reality and feeling death creeping on you, and not knowing why it happens because I just took a small dose of the drug I ordered. That's scary many. Had I KNOWN it was a dissociative I wouldn't have freaked out the way I did. It didn't help it was my first time ingesting a dissociative and I had no clue about this class of substances and the experiences they offer.

At least I learned how death feel like. Pure terror. Well at least in the beginning. A sense of peace and bliss will accompany that afterwards I'm sure.

Drugs can't affect me anymore. I know the truth so much the attempts of a Dissociative are pure comedy. I recently played around with delusion, the only way to deal with that is to do a complete surrender to the truth that your true identity is BLANK!!!

Ever go blank when you went to bed one night? Well that BLANK, that some call deep sleep, is the truth of what you are. Realize that and no dissociative can deal with you. Forget that...and OHHH BOYYYY hello nightmares!!!! LOL.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.