AndylizedAAY

Questions about loving your neighbor as yourself

23 posts in this topic

Is loving your neighbor as yourself paradoxically selfish and selfless and is non-dualistic? Would it deepen my love to love someone because that person is me or would that be narcissistic? Why does Leo teach about Absolute Solipsism much later if the discovery of the true self through the neti neti method is true regardless of the viewer? That would mean that everyone has the same nature and that there is no other.

Just focus on being happy, and you'll love people naturally.

The best thing you can do in life is to just focus on being happy, everything else kinda come naturally from this.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

If not just everyone, but all this, has the same essence, labels (solipsism, selfishness, narcissism) are seen for the false conceptual boundaries that they are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Shin said:

The best thing you can do in life is to just focus on being happy, everything else kinda come naturally from this.

Nope. That will create all sorts of dysfunctions in the long-term. 

Give this article a read: https://www.healthline.com/health/emotion-wheel

Focusing only on “being happy” is going to limit you, as well as your capacity to empathize and understand others. It’s like religious people trying to convince you that their position is right, and everything else is wrong.

If you’re happy after your partner of 20 years cheats on you, I think seeing a mental health professional is appropriate.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Nope. That will create all sorts of dysfunctions in the long-term. 

Give this article a read: https://www.healthline.com/health/emotion-wheel

Focusing only on “being happy” is going to limit you, as well as your capacity to empathize and understand others. It’s like religious people trying to convince you that their position is right, and everything else is wrong.

If you’re happy after your partner of 20 years cheats on you, I think seeing a mental health professional is appropriate.

Being in the flow state doesn't guarantee form happiness, but it does provide an absolute anchor, and enhances the quality of every experience that is unconditionally allowed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

sure practice love but don't go round raping the unconsenting with your amazing enlightenment

let anyone who is seeking come unto you

the 99% want just to be left tf alone and haven't interest in your spirtitual diarrhea 

if we were really awake all the time and not just half an hour a week on some drug, we would perceive the total meaninglessness of all this, and we would not care if we are poor, rich, die or alive, and we would love anyone the same than to us and we would also see the total meaninglessness of its existence. It is only the present where things appear, and that's it. but the game is designed by a little bastard who won't let that happen. as soon as you put your mental legs in the honey of deception, you will sink and you will only be awake "conceptually", like me now, so if i have to choose between you and me...well...

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Being in the flow state doesn't guarantee form happiness, but it does provide an absolute anchor, and enhances the quality of every experience that is unconditionally allowed.

Yep. When my therapist mentioned last month that I was grieving, I had no idea. 

So this past month I’ve been contemplating and exploring what grief is, and what it is that I’m even grieving. 

This really opened me up to say the least. It’s scary af to face, but there’s a deeper happiness that’s discovered underneath the surface. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

This really opened me up to say the least. It’s scary af to face, but there’s a deeper happiness that’s discovered underneath the surface. 

It's a sign of healing. People laugh when I analogize it to dissolving demons, but it's just like that. Or like a river current finally breaking through an ancient log jam that has kept it damned. The blocked energy from resistance is released, and freely returns to its unconditional source.

It requires integrity and courage to let it happen, but absolute love reinforces itself when realized, and eventually becomes irresistible.

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I didn't say "focus on being happy and ignore everything in your life that you dislike" xD 

Focused on being happy obviously means going through whatever pain necessary to heal or have a healthier environment.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

19 hours ago, Shin said:

Just focus on being happy, and you'll love people naturally.

^^^^This. You only ever express your current state of mind. A mind mired in misery will spread it, a mind drowning in love for self will spread love. This is why you need to learn to love your Avatar (Human Character) unconditionally. Your character is PERFECT. Never let anyone or even yourself say otherwise. If you believe otherwise you are deluded. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

23 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

Why does Leo teach about Absolute Solipsism much later if the discovery of the true self through the neti neti method is true regardless of the viewer? That would mean that everyone has the same nature and that there is no other.

What do you think about my insight of Absolute Solipsism? What would happen if I focus on it while taking a phychadelic?

On 5/3/2023 at 5:00 AM, AndylizedAAY said:

That would mean that everyone has the same nature and that there is no other.

Same nature does not mean same appearance. 

This is where it gets tricky. 

@Yimpa I was not talking about appearance, appearance shows separation and duality. I was trying to varify what Leo said.

How do I know what Jesus meant by loving your neighbor as yourself? Does it even matter?

5 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

How do I know what Jesus meant by loving your neighbor as yourself? Does it even matter?

It means to love others as love yourself. It matters because love matters.

1 hour ago, AndylizedAAY said:

I was not talking about appearance, appearance shows separation and duality.

From a higher elevation, it becomes evidently clear that all appearances are imagined by Mind. You cease to see appearances as merely separation and duality.

1 hour ago, AndylizedAAY said:

How do I know what Jesus meant by loving your neighbor as yourself?

By discovering what Self is!

@LSD-Rumi I would say that it probably does matter to know what Jesus meant just like for Leo but if Jesus only meant to love just as much as yourself without acknowledging the Self, it wouldn't change the truth. 

15 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Same nature does not mean same appearance. 

This is where it gets tricky. 

@Yimpa Are you saying that I don't know what the Self is? Would it be self deception to think that I know? If I doubt myself, it means I don't know but if I don't doubt myself, I could be self-deceived. 

This is where it also gets tricky. 

9 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

The question you should ask yourself, is why does it not matter? If every human followed that advice Jesus gave....what kind of world would be here right now? Also if it doesn't matter....tell us...what matters.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.