Ropuch7

Understanding of 5-meo-dmt reactivations

12 posts in this topic

Hello,
I'm sure those of you who tried 5-meo-dmt are familiar with the subject of reactivations/flasbacks.
It was disscussed several times on this forum, 
but I feel that there is not so much info on what actually causes it or what to do when it happens.

Here's context of my specific situation. I've tried 5-meo for the first time three months ago. I was doing one trip a day for a four consecutive days. Totall of 4 trips in 4 days. Dosages around 20-25mg, rectally. Trips themselves weren't bad, but they weren't great neither. I was focused on exploring, felt tones of confusion.

But the point is that since that experiment I had been experiencing reactivations, mostly when falling asleep or after waking up in the middle of the night. Those experiences I would call rather negative. It is like involuntarly going into a mild trip, but predominant emotion is fear. The strongest reactivations took place soon after the trip marathon, and next ones were only weaker and weaker, to the point where now they feel like half-awake nightmeres with that distinct 5-meo quality.

What do you think is causing it? I had a few trials with lsd, shrooms and 2c-b in the past and never had any flashbacks. What's diffrent with 5-meo, as it seems to do similar things to most users?

AND the most important question for me now: are these reactivations a sign to withhold from further use of 5-meo? I spent last 3 months on grounding myself and finnally feel ready for more. But I wouldn't like to screw with my mind too much. I want to respect the powerful tool which 5-meo certainly is.

I had that intuition that maybe I actully should trip again and try to resolve negative energy from the state in which I gathered it. What do you think of that?

I will be grateful for any advice.

We can make this thread sort of summary on the subject.

It might theoretically be that understanding never disappears, it just won't be fully experienced in a lower state of consciousness.

I've been experiencing fractals/slightly psychedelic states during dreams (or you can call it between dreams) and I've never even had a trip with fractals.

I can for example take a microdose, question stuff, which will turn the microdose to a small trip and then days and weeks after when I question stuff sober I get to keep some of the experiences from that.

Edited by Michal__

In my understanding is that with good dosage of 5 dmt you are opening up a lot of your energy into the system. It flows in ways that are much more than the normal ego states.  Resistances are being released and that’s why someone can have openings even after some time has passed from 5meo. That’s just how I see it.

I don’t what causes but it’s definitely a phenomenon. About a week after tripping I’ve noticed reactivations. Mostly while sleeping but at times during day. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I don’t what causes but it’s definitely a phenomenon. About a week after tripping I’ve noticed reactivations. Mostly while sleeping but at times during day. 

Would they get more intense or frequent as you trip more?

1) From what I intuit, reactivations are residual 5-MeO left in your system/brain. Each reactivation uses up the 5-MeO until it all leaves your system.

2) If you trip daily your reactivations will increase and get stronger as residual 5-MeO lingers in your system.

3) You can reduce reactivations by not tripping as frequently.

4) You can get used to reactivations so they don't bother you and they can even become a positive.

5) I used to get a lot of reactivation but after 300 trips now I don't get any. Not sure why.

6) You are still very early into this work. As you have some serious Awakenings you will become less and less scared and bothered by them. You're still in a place of confusion.

7) Of course you should revisit 5-MeO, but don't trip so often. Monitor how much you can handle.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think the brain/body learns over time how to get residual 5 meo out of your System more effective. 

It's like with every substance. A body could even learn using steroids for good without much side effects. But this needs to happen early in your life where your body still can do mayor adaptions.

The first time I did acid, I kept having flash backs for weeks. And the colors and textures too. But then it never happened again.

Anyone find during the "reactivation" times, epiphanies occur at a very rapid rate.

Dynamics I have been contemplating for years all of sudden I am making connections on what they mean.

After analyzing several studies and personal stories, I am still unsure what the exact answers are.

But I do have some news. I trusted my gut and tripped again, following the same protocol as previously (25mg, rectally, dark and silent room). 
During the trip, I focused on letting go as much as possible. Honestly, I was forced to let go of the attachment to living as a human and controlling myself. The experience was so intense and alien to my human psyche, that it would be unbearable if I tried to resist. So I vanished from the material domain for what seemed like an eternity. I accepted that I may never make it back. Of course, I am describing it now as a coherent thought process, but at the time it wasn't so clear at all. The main point is that I managed to overcome my fear.

11 days have passed as of today, reactivations had occurred as expected. However, the emotional load has disappeared. I'd describe them as neutral or even slightly positive.

I share that story as a personal anecdote for you. I do not recommend taking drugs as 5-meo if you feel unstable or negative. I decided to do it as an experiment and was carefully observing my state and attitude all the time.

Edited by Ropuch7
Correcting grammar

My understanding is that 5-MeO is more lipophilic which means it can stick around longer in the fat and organs before eventually being fully metabolized.