at_anchor

Which is better France or Germany?

37 posts in this topic

France people seem a lot more social and friendly. Well people from all countries seem to be more social and friendly then German people.

French sounds beautiful while German doesn't sound as good but it is a very intelligent language and people often phrase words from it to exactly describe what they feel or think, like Hintergedanke, Heimweh, ..

When I was in French I saw a lot of green bushes and trees. From what I have seen it's a very beautiful country probably more beautiful then Germany.  

@Tobia

5 hours ago, Tobia said:

@Danioover9000 orgies and soup frogs don't damage a country in any way.

Among the 3, the UK is actually the weakest country with deep internal crisis.

London is the global capital of money laundering, still attached to the last spoils of its dead empire.

Brexit has only accelerated the inevitable demise

Of course orgies and soup frogs, not damage, but give a country a strangeness to it. I ain't making OP come over to the UK either, @PurpleTree here asked me that thinking he's got gotcha moments on me just because he can't take a joke not directed at him but at OP, so he's white knghting and simping for her instead.

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

France eats frog soups, and we don't.

I'm not a vegan unfortunately, but eating frogs, oh my, that is so delicious. I never tried it but this country just keeps sounding better and better to me.

@at_anchor

28 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

I'm not a vegan unfortunately, but eating frogs, oh my, that is so delicious. I never tried it but this country just keeps sounding better and better to me.

LOL, then go and vacation there. Actually, go and visit Germany and France and see for yourself.

No way. First I have to learn the language, then go look for work over there. I find Paris and north-western France amazing.  Now it's just a problem of moving there. Any ideas? 

I might lose a lot of great work opportunities by not learning German and it is a really grounding language to know, so that's why I'm a bit hesitant about making this decision. But that place is really amazing.

Edited by at_anchor

Northestern France is the best place in the world. 

Edited by at_anchor

@at_anchor

1 hour ago, at_anchor said:

Northestern France is the best place in the world. 

The climate sucks and, compared to southern France, people are colder and less expressive

It's quite hard to make new friends in Germany. But when you do, the relationships are very strong and based on honesty.

Germans love to complain. But when they do something, it's really thorough. They really don't half-ass what they do.

Germany has a beautiful social security system (though not quite as advanced as, say, Finland). You know that you'll never be homeless or need to be hungry, as long as you're able to deal with the bureaucracy. Bureaucracy is something which Germans really love and hate at the same time.

Germans like to follow rules (example: Standing in front of a red light, even when there's no car in sight).

Germans are very straight forward and appreciate honesty. But they also don't like to change their ways sometimes, which can halt progress into the future (example: Germans really love their cash).

Source: I'm German from birth.

I, personally, am really happy to live here. But there are some things that need to be changed (as there are in every country). I'm a passionate critique of a lot of things here, but overall it's one of the most amazing places to live in, in my opinion.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

21 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

Sure, the UK has dominated Germany and France for most of history. I don't see how this has any bearing with my comments about Germany and France being not ideal to live in? I mean, Germany has legalized orgies, but in the UK we don't. France eats frog soups, and we don't. Actually, the UK for immigrants isn't an ideal place for living, rather Germany and France are a bit better for them. But the EU keeps encouraging these migrants to come to the UK for some reason, but I guess with a mass consciousness like that it's hard to rationally explain why Germany and France and the EU want to keep funneling migrants to the UK.

Also, yes the UK does have diverse multicultural groups, and we do have migrants from different cultural and ethnic and other backgrounds, and when they learn English and start becoming more British is when we do benefit a bit more from what value they can provide to this country. It's not that I'm more conservative and against increase in migrations, I support it as long as you become British. Like the old idiom 'When in Rome, do what the Romans do', or when the Dalai Lama said 'Europe is for Europeans' he and I are referring to stage blue indoctrination of culture and traditional norms and values for the maintenance of a country's identity and functioning society. Even though we may have differences in stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types, states of being, life experiences and other lines of development and other ideological indoctrinations from upbringing, we still need some degree of traditional values to bind us together for the well-being of a society.

You say nonsense, I literally spent two decades in France (all my existence in fact) and I have never heard of orgies, as in all countries there must be some but in an extremely marginal way.

And there are also no "frog soups" there are restaurants, sometimes, that offer frog legs, usually cooked with butter and air like snails.
Do you have a problem with this.

And there is no hint of Nazism in Germany, it's just in your head.
And the French are actually probably more conservative than the Germans, on average.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

5 hours ago, at_anchor said:

No way. First I have to learn the language, then go look for work over there. I find Paris and north-western France amazing.  Now it's just a problem of moving there. Any ideas? 

I might lose a lot of great work opportunities by not learning German and it is a really grounding language to know, so that's why I'm a bit hesitant about making this decision. But that place is really amazing.

Paris is a very expensive shit hole, ethnically replaced by Africans, and sometimes dirty.
There is also regularly a huge traffic jam at rush hour if you live in the outskirts or even outside the Ile de France.
If you come to France, go to cities like Bordeaux or Strasbourg, or even better in the provinces (Alps, Périgords, Gers, Pyrenees-Orientales (not Perpignan, it's a shit hole!) etc).

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

3 hours ago, Tobia said:

compared to southern France, people are colder and less expressive

But northern France is what I love the most about France, not French Riviera. But okay, I'll look into southern France a bit more. I just thought like all the best is in Paris and Rennes.

@Schizophonia

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

You say nonsense, I literally spent two decades in France (all my existence in fact) and I have never heard of orgies, as in all countries there must be some but in an extremely marginal way.

And there are also no "frog soups" there are restaurants, sometimes, that offer frog legs, usually cooked with butter and air like snails.
Do you have a problem with this.

And the French are actually probably more conservative than the Germans, on average.

I have a problem when you say I'm saying nonsense, meanwhile justifying your enslavement under French rule and frying poor little foggy unjustly all the time.

Nonsensicality is the best policy, past-present-future tenses sentencing residents with modern peasants  thinking exchanging current curtsies and pleasantries makes you more Germanic and less  Frenchy, and not dramatic and flaccid, high on Sulphuric acid cloud nines, while being insightful in.

There is no pint, flint rhyme and reason for why my mind thinks reason is treason, equivalent to the air windmills spinning within the Motherland, landing landmarks that x out treasure spots. And the French are probably drench in fluids, from Parris with love yours truly, romantic in language and anguish, open ended perv relations, poly just to justify heated cheated abusive beatings, even Omnipresent liberals limber on town bicycles actively luring the best mates inside this drama and view farming shipping game per views.   

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Right? These are Kanye West level ideas ???

Today there are probably more swastikas on buddha statues than in Europe 

After such a dark past Germany was bound to advance fast as a country. 

My claim was that Germany including many European & Scandinavian countries are lonely AF. How do you feel about that? Assuming that you’ve been to a lesser developed country to contrast with. @Schizophonia

@MarkKol

56 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

My claim was that Germany including many European & Scandinavian countries are lonely AF. How do you feel about that? Assuming that you’ve been to a lesser developed country to contrast with. @Schizophonia

It is true that Germany and northern europe are much more lonely than say Italy or Spain.

Families in southern europe stay united and kids often live in the same house with their parents until very late. 

In northern europe there is a tendency to make sure the kids are independent as soon as possible and mothers are less attached to their kids living at home with them.

In souther europe people tend to be warm, loud, confident talking to strangers. In northern europe, the opposite is true.

The climate also plays a big role in social life, you can socialize all night on the streets of southern spain even in winter. You can't do that in Norway with snow and -10

Germany is the best place to live in and Germans are amazing. French people can make you laugh sometimes.

French president had an affair with his 40 year old teacher when he was 15 and then married her at 29 or 30 when she was about 55. He said people are trying to accusse him of being homo and leading a double life to appear like a liar and a typical Frenchman, but he's not typical. Yesterday I was quite surpeised by hearing this, had quite a laugh.

Edited by at_anchor

Just compare the socio-philosophical traditions of France and Germany.

France was always about social justice, revolution and civic engagement.

Germany was always about metaphysics and historical progress.

They play two entirely different games. That's still very much the case, although largely unconscious 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

Just compare the socio-philosophical traditions of France and Germany.

France was always about social justice, revolution and civic engagement.

Germany was always about metaphysics and historical progress.

They play two entirely different games. That's still very much the case, although largely unconscious 

I agree, at this point it's mostly a matter of bias and preference which country you wish to vacation or even live in. For me, I'd live in Germany due to the metaphysics and historical progress, and I'd likely be a philosopher or pundit there. I'd also do vacations in France, but living there isn't to my liking.

I think the hotdog festivals in Germany would be why I'd go there, plenty of pork, chicken, cow, or other types of sausages to eat and beers to drink, and holiday to France for just the poutines and PUA maybe, easier because French people are mostly liaise faire sexually speaking.