abundance

Could Mass Meditations Raise the Human Collective Conscious

30 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, abundance said:

You make good points. There is definitely a dark side to meditation. Overall I still think meditation can be a useful to reducing many of societal problems though.

Take a look at the video below. Vipassana teachers went into a prison and taught inmates meditation and it had a positive impact. 

I know this is in a different context to what I'm suggesting with mass meditation but it does exemplify the powerful effects of meditation. 

And I agree that spritual practice cannot take the place of political action. But I think one of the main underlying impediments to society moving forward with addressing these issues is a lack of empathy. Meditation increases empathy. Perhaps mass meditations can increase the overall empathy level within a community.

@abundance Thanks for the compliment :)

Yep, i don't doubt the positive impact of meditation in prisons. I believe meditation can be a very powerful tool.

I get your point about empathy, meditation and political change.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Spiritual gatherings are the worst kind of gathering.

;)

Sorry for being a cynical cu**.

Isn’t this forum a spiritual gathering?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, abundance said:

To clarify, when I suggest mass meditation, I'm talking about a very large gathering of experienced practioners sitting in one place. No speeches. No marching. Just sitting in stillness and then carrying on with their day.

In practice that isn't possible. To gather that many people you have to unite them under some kind of ideology and organization. And that's where the evil begins.

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Isn’t this forum a spiritual gathering?

Hardly.

And even so, plenty of evil arises here.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just can’t see how mass meditation would ever cause more harm than good. Sure, some might go the wrong way but mostly if people can find stillness in their lives only good can come from it mostly imo. Especially if they’re guided by good teachers.
It’s like saying if more people drank water it’d eventually turn to wine ??‍♂️
Think it has to start at the root tho I.e in schools. Mandatory meditation in schools would have a huge impact on future generations… but life as it is probably won’t see that far anyway with AI developments 

Edited by B222

Yes, if it's high quality meditators gathering together to invoke Grace, then of course it will have a beneficial effect. In fact very soon this will become crucial. 

the presence of others is one more distraction no matter how accomplished the meditator

as a person, there is zero benefit to meditating with another

only downsides

meditation is removing the ego not stroking it

@abundance

On 3/10/2023 at 7:47 PM, abundance said:

There's been studies that seem to support that group meditations have led to a reduction in murders within large cities.

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/511271

It got me thinking what if a group meditation was coordinated but on a much much larger scale. Do you think it would be beneficial in raising our consciousness on a collective level. It seems humanity is in desperate need of this given all the looming threats that we face (climate change,A.I.,rise of right wing fascism,etc). We need a dramatic boost in our ability to empathize with one another and our environment.

Not going to work.

@gettoefl so it’s impossible to be present as a group? Might be more difficult but surely possible and the whole intent behind it will surely raise vibration more than it will decrease. Plus there could be other rituals such as OM chanting?? Which helps raise collective vibration?? Not exactly sure but can’t see it being a bad idea. I suppose meditating alone will always be better but don’t think its a terrible thing to do group 

Edited by B222

5 hours ago, B222 said:

@gettoefl so it’s impossible to be present as a group? Might be more difficult but surely possible and the whole intent behind it will surely raise vibration more than it will decrease. Plus there could be other rituals such as OM chanting?? Which helps raise collective vibration?? Not exactly sure but can’t see it being a bad idea. I suppose meditating alone will always be better but don’t think its a terrible thing to do group 

it is collective hand holding, a group hug ... which may have its place as training wheels for the up and coming

if there is a self realised person then it can be beneficial to meditate with him/her since their energy field can boost your own

ultimately however the work has to be done alone and the experience is different for everyone, existence never make duplicates