LSD-Rumi

Someone advanced spiritually was an asshole to me

65 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to discuss a recent event that happened with one of the forum members here. He basically sent a message to me asking for my experience with acid. I told him multiple times I was mentally ill now and I cannot discuss this now. Anyways I decided to talk to him. I started discussing some of the strange thing I experienced. I felt a certain feel of ego inflation to be honest, but I was depressed and mentally ill and I was in a very bad state. Anyways, he said meh this is nothing. I know he was tessting me but I wrote, you are either advanced or a an idiot. He said that he was testing me and I failed. He was harsh in general in his style. I wrote to him that  you need to be more gentle and I was mentally ill and not in my best attitude.

Anyways, recently I made a post discussing some material I discoveres called PEA. he wrote to He doesn't trust anything I wrote in avery harsh way. I said to him I am mentally ill but I am not a child rapist, and that he needs to be more gentle with people. I also wrote that people should do their own research before they try it.

To be honest, he hurt me a lot consider I was very sensitive in that period. Now in this state I am in, I feel awesome and confident, so I sent a message to him, explaining my experience and advicing him to be more gentle. He didn't say anything and left the conversation.

So my question is,  how can a person be so spiritually develop and be an asshole in the sametime. I know it is not necessarly related but the more work I don in spirituality, the more related I think they are.

So what do you think guys?

TLTR: A guy in this forum was an asshole to me, and I am confused.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Because traumatized egos masquerade as Spiritual teachers who claim to know something you don't 

Search up narcissistic personality disorder 

Edited by Godishere

Develop a thick skin and don't take it personally. It's generally better to have a thick skin, and wiser to not take anything personally. Most of the times, people express who they are rather than the truth, so what they say is rarely true anyway.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Develop a thick skin and don't take it personally. It's generally better to have a thick skin, and wiser to not take anything personally. Most of the times, people express who they are rather than the truth, so what they say is rarely true anyway.

When you are depressed and mentally ill, you are very weak and sensitive.

@LSD-Rumi I understand that. But life goes on. You will forget what happened and become stronger if you believe in yourself. Give yourself some time to process what happened. You will be fine.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

So what do you think guys?

Just because someone had a profound awakening experience doesn't mean he has embodied it.

After my first awakening I had alot of anger coming up and became very reactive towards people. To be honest I felt like I had taken a huge leap forward with my awakening but then ten steps back with all negative emotions that came afterwards.

If somebody poses as highly conscious but you feel that something is off, you're probably correct.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If somebody poses as highly conscious but you feel that something is off, you're probably correct.

Or you're too biased and self-deceived to see through the facade.

That attitude certainly skyrockets your odds of further deceiving yourself.

I obviously don't want to white wash harassment and abuse, but your proposal is dangerous in it's own way.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

You can be advanced spiritually and still an asshole.  But this person obviously lacked compassion for you and understanding, so in my opinion  isn't really that advanced.  If he was he would have shown humility and when you told him you were in a bad place, he would have been able to apologize.   If he didn't do this he's not as advanced as you think. A big sign of spiritual advancement is flexibility.   You can be many things - your identity isn't set in stone.  If he didn't display any flexibility, he probably isn't that advanced or awake at all.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Or you're too biased and self-deceived to see through the facade.

That attitude certainly skyrockets your odds of further deceiving yourself.

I obviously don't want to white wash harassment and abuse, but your proposal is dangerous in it's own way.

Sure, the guy was in a mentally unstable place, so he was more sensitive than usual. But if you're not severely interpersonally challenged or consistently delusional, it's not hard to know when you're being treated like shit, and highly conscious people generally don't treat people like shit. Or at least I don't care about that definition of high consciousness.

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Sure, the guy was in a mentally unstable place, so he was more sensitive than usual. But if you're not severely interpersonally challenged or consistently delusional, it's not hard to know when you're being treated like shit, and highly conscious people generally don't treat people like shit. Or at least I don't care about that definition of high consciousness.

It's not about being an asshole and treating others poorly - it's about seeing through these relative notions.

I'm not telling you anything new, when I say that the integration of shadow material is an important part of becoming more conscious - and the negligence of this will certainly bottleneck your development at some point.

Regardless of what this person's behavior says about their level of consciousness -- what does your combative and morally righteous stance towards such behavior say about your level of consciousness?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

How we perceive others is often inaccurate and at least partial 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

55 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

It's not about being an asshole and treating others poorly - it's about seeing through these relative notions.

Understanding relativity does not mean a lack of discernment.

I'm not telling you anything new, when I say that the integration of shadow material is an important part of becoming more conscious - and the negligence of this will certainly bottleneck your development at some point.

Having to integrate your shadow means you're not highly conscious.

Regardless of what this person's behavior says about their level of consciousness -- what does your combative and morally righteous stance towards such behavior say about your level of consciousness?

I just think highly conscious people act a certain way.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Just wanted to remind people that private messages can be read (I’m assuming by Leo and moderators) as explicitly stated in the community guidelines.

In short, don’t be an asshat and think you can get away with it!

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

28 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Having to integrate your shadow means you're not highly conscious.

I call bs.

Do you seriously believe there will come a point in your life at which you are "fully integrated?"

When you're fully awake, there will only be light - but once that experience fades, there will be shadow again -- obviously.

28 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I just think highly conscious people act a certain way.

That's the mistake.

Edited by Nilsi

6 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

When you're fully awake, there will only be light - but once that experience fades, there will be shadow again -- obviously.

No.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

You hold certain ideals about what it means to be spiritually advanced, whatever that is. So drop them and relate to the person in front of you, rather than to your expectations of how another should behave.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You hold certain ideals about what it means to be spiritually advanced, whatever that means. So drop them and relate to the person in front of you, rather than to your expectations of how another should behave.

Thank you! I was actually speaking about this with my therapist this week, and she echoed a similar sentiment. 

I also used to think that I should only keep people in my life who had the same exact beliefs and worldview that I do, but now I’m realizing that that’s limiting my growth and understanding of myself. 

46 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I call bs.

Do you seriously believe there will come a point in your life at which you are "fully integrated?"

Less integrated = less conscious.

47 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

That's the mistake.

Do you think unconscious people act a certain way?

23 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You hold certain ideals about what it means to be spiritually advanced, whatever that means. So drop them and relate to the person in front of you, rather than to your expectations of how another should behave.

Yeah I just him based on claims he made, he may not be as conscious as he claims, You cannot really judge people online. I am aware of that.