Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

593 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

I think in reality you can never be one step ahead of every hater. The problem with haters and trolls is that they use your own work against you, by taking things out of context or misinterpreting what you say. They will always find a way to do that, if they wish so, no matter how many steps ahead you think you are.

Leo already has a lot of disclaimers, like "This work is very advanced", "Don't just believe any spiritual teacher" or "Don't just believe me, do the work and experience it for yourself." And still people accuse him of running a cult, because they are ignorant and don't actually understand what he teaches. He can say 1000 times "Don't take my word for it" and maybe it will convince 1000 people that he doesn't want people to just blindly trust him, but there will always be one who just won't get it.

Let's first distinguish between two types of people:

1. People who genuinely disagree and provide constructive criticism.
  2. Trolls, haters, etc.

There has been times where people were trolls and haters (my unconscious self included). But in the case of this particular thread, I think it's fairly obvious and safe to say that these people are mostly of the first type, at least in the beginning.

Now, the disclaimers are good. And whether they're enough or not is probably up for debate, but that's not the point. The point is that don't allow the trolls and haters to have a gun that they can shoot you with in the first place. Just don't give them that gun. By being a jerk, you actually hand them the gun and tell them to shoot.

Can we just look at the facts and at what can be improved instead of shifting responsibility, pointing fingers, and casting blame?

14 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

That's just how it is, and when then those people become too toxic, I would say it's okay to ban them in order to keep the peace in this forum. They had their chance.

How about we all stick to the same rules? If Leo is allowed to be a jerk, then everyone else should be allowed too, no?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

People interested in spirituality who really don't understand anything, which is 99.999%, will have the perception that Leo is a fake narcissist only interested in standing out, and that those of us here interested in awakening are lost drug addicts without personality and hope. this is so and that's it. they will pay attention to appearances, kind expressions, kindness vibrations, etc. and they will be scammed. since they are superficial. That's life

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Just don't give them that gun. By being a jerk, you actually hand them the gun and tell them to shoot.

Alright, I understand what you mean, I misunderstood your previous post a bit, sorry for that.

I actually agree, being jerky to critics can unnecessarily complicate things, like you say, by giving them the excuse to shoot back. In general I'm also not a fan of a too jerky tone. I still feel though, that those snarky comments by Leo usually serve a bigger purpose and are usually not there to piss people off for no reason. A comment like "Don't believe for a second that you are awake" is meant to ground the other person again in direct experience. Those comments then can be often seen as offensive by the ego, which I also understand, but the point here I guess is that communicating Truth cannot always be done in a way in which it is nice for the ego. Sometimes people (like me) just need a wake-up-slap. People in general tend to get deluded when they have a mystical experience or an awakening experience. It's just a common trap of the mind, to believe that now it got it all figured out and that there's nothing else to be done. I see Leo's role here to bring us back to the ground and to keep working and to keep pursuing Truth and not to trust whatever the mind tells us.

These discussions often feel similar to me then the ones where people don't like the way he talks in his videos. But also this is a specific stylistic way of communicating. Those things are not meant to be taken personal. Quite often people call him arrogant or jerky over stuff that never even bothered me (and I often never even noticed). So there already the line what behavior is jerky to who is not clear at all. Everyone has different feelings and one person simply cannot meet everyone's feeling if he also wishes to keep his communication clear and direct and grounded in integrity. It's complicated, I have no clear answer to these issues.

Overall my personal wish would be no swear words here. Those make anyone seem unprofessional. And we, I would say, should try not to take everything personal.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

For example, I've become conscious that our entire universe is just a molecule within an alien God-Mind that exists on a higher dimension, which is using all the conscious experience of the universe to fuel it's own intelligence process, in order to understand itself deeper and accessing ever higher categories of metaphysical Love.

Will the course contains guidelines to reach this level of understanding? 

3 hours ago, BenG said:

I've reached even higher levels than that.

Course when sir? 

3 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Course when sir? 

I found cliff notes, this lesson is titled "Life; The Human Bean" Ben G. et al.

Chapter Uno; Infinity

All scenarios 'happen', it's not just that anything can happen it's that everything does happen. This doesn't even require a 'spiritual' footing to comprehend, think about the universe, think about before the universe, now, how could it possibly be that not every single scenario happens? How could 'time' possibly end? Did it ever actually even 'begin'? How could we run out of time for EVERYTHING not to happen?

The...... end?

Edited by Devin

2 hours ago, BenG said:

@Devin well, well, well… look what the cat dragged in. Good to see you again, buddy. How’ve you been?

Good to see you too, been good, likin' what they've done to the place around here so far, you?

On 18/03/2023 at 2:15 PM, RedLine said:

Banned the best user of the forum. Last months I was login into the forum only to read the posts of that guy. .

I'm still here actually ;)

Apparently.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:26 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Flyboy
Nobody here is Awake or has one clue what Awake is.

If you dare question me on AWAKENING, you are gone from here. I will not allow you to corrupt my teachings. You fucking devil. Shame on you. How dare you! You fucking spiritual rat. You have no clue what I teach.

Nobody here is AWAKE. And if you try to claim otherwise, banned. I am done being nice to you. You will respect my teachings or you will lose me forever.

After 8 years of studying and actually practicing your content, and having spent even more years focusing my life on Truth, I'll now leave this forum and your teachings and never look back.

I love you, Leo. Truly. But this violence is getting out of hand. I've smelled it years ago but always tried my best to see through it. But now, it has become the toxic teaching environment you always warned us against. I'll not attack or question you. You do your thing. I have the deepest respect for you because you helped me greatly on this journey (among many other sincere, beautiful, and incredibly helpful teachers).  A full-hearted thank you for that.

Maybe it helps you to know that your supposed intention behind these harsh ways of communicating hasn't worked here. It did the opposite.
I'm more serious about this work if I focus on direct contemplation and other teachings. What you write here hurts my heart and creates more confusion and separation. It's not working.

See that as feedback from someone who took you seriously right from the beginning but has lost any trust in you due to the way your communication developed.

I hope you'll find your peace in this beautiful gift of being God exploring ourself through the human form.

Edited by Leo Gura

@peanutspathtotruth I wish you the best on your journey! Feel free to come back whenever you want.

Paradoxically, I think the way Leo communicates actually makes him more human.

Do you think someone like Rupert Spira would have an angry outburst in public? 

Public figures do a great job of showing only the parts of themselves that they want to project. Leo seems to be going against that mindset. How can we improve our lives if we only focus on how we believe we should be acting?

Edited by Yimpa

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

You can't win, Leo...

1e047052d1c04199ca2136b91a5ed901.png

:D:D:P;)

Edited by FlyingMan

On 01/03/2023 at 4:44 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yes, sure, but what I'm saying goes entire orders deeper than that.

People who speak in these platitudes: Form, formlessness, emptiness, etc. It's clear to me they have not truly confronted what Consciousness is.

No, my problem is that these guys fundamentally do not understand what Consciousness/God is. They understand less than they let on. If they understood more I would be happy with them.

The stuff these teach is anti-understanding. That's what pisses me off about it. They have actually invented a clever system to get people to stop trying to understand Consciousness. It's extremely sneaky. You probably don't even know its happening to you as you learn from these teachers. You just assume they are guiding you towards the highest and that all roads lead to same place.

Yes I remember one person who follows Vedanta saying that one must stop meditation after realising the Truth and that pursuing more spiritual experiences is a trap just like accumulating more and more money. 

Now I understand why Leo focuses so much on independent thinking. 

Truth is the only Authority. 

I think it would help everyone if we all stay honest with each other about our journeys.  Given the nature of infinity there's always a level higher and a level lower and also levels are not strictly linear. As God is unlimited, God will always break its limitations. God can literally do anything. God has no constraints. God is Pure Intelligence. 

In the end it's matter of how far you wanna go, what aspects you want to explore, what trade offs you are willing to make, etc.