ValiantSalvatore

Sexism Test - Eliminating Bias

199 posts in this topic

If I'm going to be very honest, the reason I made the thread of 'What does it mean to respect women?' was that my feminist conditioning was confusing me about this. Because I didn't know what 'sexism' even meant. But now, on this thread, when I took the test, things are making a lot more sense now. 

I don't know about you people, but my conclusion from all of this work, has been that feminist conditioning has been what's getting in my way when it comes to embodying my masculinity. And, the traumatic experience I mentioned previously was thanks to feminism as well. And, to top it all, feminism is the reason my mom got the bright idea of being a 'strong, independent woman', which is why I was raised only by one parent. If not for this toxic anti-male ideology, she would've remarried and I would've had some masculine role-modelling. So, I know what I'm talking about. 

5 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

And, to top it all, feminism is the reason my mom got the bright idea of being a 'strong, independent woman', which is why I was raised only by one parent. If not for this toxic anti-male ideology, she would've remarried and I would've had some masculine role-modelling. So, I know what I'm talking about. 

And there's the trauma

9 minutes ago, something_else said:

And there's the trauma

Doesn't make me wrong. 

And it's not 'anti-SJW content'. It's real life. 

It's not this trauma that led to my negative opinion of feminism. It's the way the feminist conditioning hurt me. And this conditioning doesn't just come from the family, it comes from the culture. And people you meet everywhere. Like saying that 'chivalry is benevolent sexism'. Not even from what anti-feminists say, from what feminists say! 

So, before you point out to me that the root-cause of my trauma is not feminism, you're right. The point of me talking about my traumas is to tell you why I care about this. I'm not forming irrational opinions based on trauma. And, if you come looking for trauma, you will find trauma. I could do the same with you. Correlation does not imply causality. 

I daresay that taking what I say seriously could benefit you. I urge you to question your feminist conditioning, where you have to be 'equal' to women. Where you have to abandon your masculinity and 'become more feminine'. It is this desire to contribute something positive to both men and women that's motivating me. I'm not pointlessly ranting here. 

And, I can only feel sorry for people who think that I'm 'playing victim because of trauma'. You're saying that because you're lost in the conditioning!! And there is no biological/psychological basis for it. We are physically different, epistemically different (the masculine epistemology is facts-first and the feminine epistemology is feelings-first, which is why men respond better than women to stress/pressure) and psychologically different (men are hardwired to protect, women are hardwired to seek protection). And feminism says that all of this is BS. 

Edited by mr_engineer

@mr_engineer Just a heads up that guys who repress their Feminine side end up expressing their Femininity in shadowy ways… like victim’s mentality, spite, irrationality, cattiness, jealousy, and pettiness.

This is (ironically) how most men with this philosophy come across. I often wonder if they think they’re coming across as Masculine when they tout their man philosophy and stick it to the Feminists.

Look back at your posts. Do you actually think you’re embodying Masculinity? 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald I'd say it is masculine. 

• I looked into the test, despite my resistance to it. So, that's bravery. 
  • I figured out what academics think feminism is and what sexism is. That's research from credible sources, valuing facts over feelings. 
  • I applied it to reality and found a bunch of counter-examples. That's critical thinking.
  • I was able to demonstrate credible counter-examples here. That's assertiveness. (Got warning-points for that, which says something) 
  • I came to practically applicable conclusions and started acting accordingly. That's action on what I learned. 
  • I was able to rationally counter resistance to what I was doing. That's level-headed leadership. 
  • And then, I was vulnerable about my motivations. That's emotional consciousness. 
  • And finally, I showed you what you have to gain from this. That's being purpose-driven. 

BOOM! There you go. 

Edited by mr_engineer

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

@Emerald I'd say it is masculine. 

• I looked into the test, despite my resistance to it. So, that's bravery. 
  • I figured out what academics think feminism is and what sexism is. That's research from credible sources.
  • I applied it to reality and found a bunch of counter-examples. That's critical thinking.
  • I was able to demonstrate credible counter-examples here. That's assertiveness. (Got warning-points for that, which says something) 
  • I came to practically applicable conclusions and started acting accordingly. That's action on what I learned. 
  • I was able to rationally counter resistance to what I was doing. That's level-headed leadership. 
  • And then, I was vulnerable about my motivations. That's emotional consciousness. 
  • And finally, I showed you what you have to gain from this. That's being purpose-driven. 

BOOM! There you go. 

? Okay then

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

34 minutes ago, Emerald said:

@mr_engineer Just a heads up that guys who repress their Feminine side end up expressing their Femininity in shadowy ways… like victim’s mentality, spite, irrationality, cattiness, jealousy, and pettiness.

Interesting! What would an integrated guy look like in reference to these particular flaws you mentioned? Could you name the integrated version for each flaw individually?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

sexTest.png

Hmm to add to my sexism i think women taking the test would score higher on benevolent sexism. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Just now, Gesundheit2 said:

Interesting! What would an integrated guy look like in reference to these particular flaws you mentioned? Could you name the integrated version for each flaw individually?

An integrated person who accepts both their Feminine and Masculine sides will be more likely to express the positive forms of both.

And someone who resists one or both sides will tend to express the negative forms of both in varying degrees.

So some positive Masculine qualities  are qualities like forward movement, logic, initiative, and non-attachment.

And the positive Feminine qualities that invertedly mirror these are qualities like unconditional acceptance of our being, intuition, responsiveness, and connection.

But if we take the negative Feminine qualities that I mentioned before like victim’s mentality, spite, irrationality, cattiness, jealousy, and pettiness…

These are foiled by positive Masculine qualities like Initiative, logic, non-attachment, and not sweating the small stuff.

So, when we repress the Feminine it becomes a negative Shadow that interrupts our Positive Masculinity.

And when we repress the Masculine it becomes a negative Shadow that interrupts our Positive Femininity.

Emotionalmastery.org

9 minutes ago, integral said:

sexTest.png

Hmm to add to my sexism i think women taking the test would score higher on benevolent sexism. 

Maybe in some cases… but I suspect not by a greater margin than men.

Women tend to be very well acquainted with the problems of benevolent sexism because they come with an underlying assumption of incapability.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Yes, I understand the general concept and I agree with it. I was just asking about the flaws that you mentioned and how they might look like after integration. I was expecting an answer like a bullet points list where each flaw/shadow is put against the integrated version. Like, considering that victim's mentality is a feminine shadow, the integrated version of the feminine would be being comfortable with vulnerability. Is this the correct association? And what about the rest?

25 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Emerald Yes, I understand the general concept and I agree with it. I was just asking about the flaws that you mentioned and how they might look like after integration. I was expecting an answer like a bullet points list where each flaw/shadow is put against the integrated version. Like, considering that victim's mentality is a feminine shadow, the integrated version of the feminine would be being comfortable with vulnerability. Is this the correct association? And what about the rest?

It’s more like the negative feminine gets replaced with the positive masculine… and the negative masculine gets replaced with the positive feminine.

So, the negative feminine quality of victim’s mentality (and passivity) becomes initiative and responsibility.

But the integration of the positive Feminine that can create this is to consciously integrate both surrender and humility.

But a negative masculine quality like insensitivity becomes a positive feminine quality like emotional intelligence.

But that would require the positive Masculine quality of discernment. This enables a person to tune into their emotions without getting confused and overwhelmed by them because they can crystallize their emotions into words.

Emotionalmastery.org

Isn't defining sexism as "negative beliefs about" or "attitudes towards" women vs towards either of genders sexist in itself?

@Emerald But wouldn't that be bypassing my authentic self that is both masculine and feminine?

I mean if I replace my negative feminine of victim's mindset with positive masculine accountability/responsibility, then my authentic/positive feminine will still be repressed and it will still not be able to express itself because I haven't yet addressed it, nor given it the outlet, right? For example, the need to express vulnerability won't be allowed and I would possibly become neurotic and workaholic. Would you agree?

Edited by Gesundheit2

I've got 18% hostile and 0% benevolent, haha. Quite a few questions were kind of dumb though so I skipped them.

@Emerald did you try the test? What's you score?

35 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Emerald But wouldn't that be bypassing my authentic self that is both masculine and feminine?

I mean if I replace my negative feminine of victim's mindset with positive masculine accountability/responsibility, then my authentic/positive feminine will still be repressed and it will still not be able to express itself because I haven't yet addressed it, nor given it the outlet, right? For example, the need to express vulnerability won't be allowed and I would possibly become neurotic and workaholic. Would you agree?

So, there’s two layers here.

One is about letting go of resistances to general masculine/feminine traits. These resistances (and over-extensions) lead to these opposite Shadow qualities.

And many of these traits are simply a given for everyone. Like everyone has emotions. And everyone has motivation.

The other is allowing what is naturally there to come through regardless of which category it falls into. So, it’s not about making yourself 50/50… most people are not 50/50.

Both are related… but the general resistances are what creates the interruption of the natural dynamic and creates predictable Shadows behavior patterns.

Emotionalmastery.org

6 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

I've got 18% hostile and 0% benevolent, haha. Quite a few questions were kind of dumb though so I skipped them.

@Emerald did you try the test? What's you score?

I got 0% and 0%

I’m a bit surprised though that I didn’t have a few percentage points on benevolent sexism, because I did choose “agree” with the statement around women being more emotionally attuned.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald I gave agree on "Women have nurturing capabilities that men could never achieve." and also got 0%. I guess you could say that it's a bit biased then.