Someone here

Why are psychedelics illegal?

109 posts in this topic

@The Mystical Man OMG dude stop.

We get it. There’s different paths different technologies. 

But, they aren’t the same!!!!!!!!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

stop

Why would I stop? I will continue speaking my truth. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@The Mystical Man Keep speaking your foolishness 

You want Sadhguru’s results? Study under him

You want whoever’s result? Use their techniques.

Like, do whatever the hell you want! 

But, if you aren’t doing a technique yourself you don’t know anything about it so shut up about it.

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

But, if you aren’t doing a technique yourself you don’t know anything about it so shut up about it.

I don't think of psychedelics as a technique. And I'm not advocating meditation, either. What technique really works? Some say that surrender is all that it comes down to in the end. But you can't really surrender. I think the most important thing is to make an effort to be as mindful as possible. However, even your mindfulness will inevitably falter at times. But what else is there?

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@The Mystical Man Psychedelics are a technique and a field of deep mastery

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@The Mystical Man Psychedelics are a technique and a field of deep mastery

That's like saying, "Masturbation is a technique and a field of deep mastery." It is, but what does it accomplish?

@The Mystical Man

Fine don't do them whatever. People will keep doing whatever they do and they won't give a shit what you are advocating or what you consider a good technique. It's all fine, even psychedelics. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

@The Mystical Man

Fine don't do them whatever. People will keep doing whatever they do and they won't give a shit what you are advocating or what you consider a good technique. It's all fine, even psychedelics. 

I don't want to stop anyone from taking psychedelics. But I have to acknowledge how powerless these substances are. People who love psychedelics, love them because a big, special experience is guaranteed, and people love special experiences, but those experiences don't mean much. You can write your trip report, but that trip report is a joke. The real trip is life itself.

Because if society gets too wonky and too fast, then we will not survive. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

You can write your trip report, but that trip report is a joke. The real trip is life itself.

Maybe the fake trip can show you that there isnt a difference between the fake trip and the real trip. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

5 hours ago, Rigel said:

Maybe the fake trip can show you that there isnt a difference between the fake trip and the real trip. 

Of course there's a difference. The real trip is the agent of change -- it's the crucible that forges character.

@The Mystical Man

psychedelics can change your brain chemistry slightly, they change your energy system. I can understand your perspective, because you never got anyhing from psychedelic use. But read other peoples experiences on this forum, you will see that psychedelics helped them a lot on whatever they pursued. Its a great tool, if you know how to take usage out of them. You never took a value out of psychedelics, but others here are doing, me too.

Each psychedelic have their own characteristic and power. Try at least

•  5 meo dmt
  • 5 meo mipt
  • Ketamin

I think you just have a handful experience, you lack of significant psychedelic experience. Otherwise you would not write such things. YOu should have at least 100 experiences to build an opinion on these tools

Edited by OBEler

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

you never got anyhing from psychedelic use

Actually, I did have an experience of the infinite field of potentiality, which was profound and a relief, because I'm not really scared of physical death anymore. That's obviously huge. However, I'm still scared of psychological death: despite the experience of the deathless, I have plenty of petty fears; those fears are ludicrous in contrast to the infinite -- my ludicrous behavior causes me and others suffering; therefore, behavioral change is crucial. 

In a way, my experience with psychedelics are causing me more suffering, because I'm not ignorant anymore. It's like taking a first grader to a tenth grade class for a day. In the end, that kid has to go back to the first grade; he can't avoid going through what he has to go through, but at the same time he has the painful awareness of something much more advanced that he can't live up to.

5-MeO-DMT is not easily available, but I have N,N-DMT, which I'm planning on trying. More for fun, frankly.

Stay well, be safe all.

◭"89"

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Stay well, be safe all.

Thank you. 

If anything, this topic just proved why psychedelics are illegal. Very controversial; highly misunderstood!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Because if i say I'm against drugs the majority will vote for me inbetween 1900-2015, it was popular at a time to fight it. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 25/02/2023 at 1:51 AM, The Mystical Man said:

I am very confident in saying that man ought not to seek out the psychedelic experience. Man ought to live mindfully.

I find you to be somewhat intellectually dishonest by ignoring the bulk of my post and focusing on the only part of it you could construct a response to. This is an argumentation strategy that immediately makes me discount anything that a person has to say because it's such a strong indicator to me that a person isn't interested in questioning the opinions they've already formed.

And the response you did give here does not even address my point which you quoted, you simply reiterate your own viewpoint again; that psychedelics are bad, with no reasoning as to why. This is a further indicator to me that you have no interest in questioning your own established viewpoints. So what's the point in anyone even discussing anything with you when you already think you have all the answers?

I think there are negatives and limitations to psychedelics, for sure. No sensible person disagrees with that. But to outright say they are useless, can't help anyone, and can't produce any lasting improvements, is a very, very bold claim to make, especially without any evidence or experience to back that claim up.

I gave you several examples to the contrary, and you ignored them because they don't conform to your existing viewpoint.

Edited by something_else

40 minutes ago, something_else said:

I find you to be somewhat intellectually dishonest by ignoring the bulk of my post and focusing on the only part of it you could construct a response to.

I address the "potential healing effects of psychedelics" here:

And I said that I myself lost the fear of death:

So, I didn't ignore any part of your post. It's actually you guys who are ignoring my arguments.

28 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

I address the "potential healing effects of psychedelics" here:

And I said that I myself lost the fear of death:

So, I didn't ignore any part of your post. It's actually you guys who are ignoring my arguments.

Oh fair enough, that's my bad, I mostly focused on your direct reply to me rather than other posts you made.

In terms of working through your stuff while sober instead of using something like psychedelics, yea, you could. And for some people that's probably the right choice. But I think it is somewhat arrogant to claim that psychedelics cannot create any lasting impact or help you work through stuff sustainably. Humanity has been using psychedelics to do that for 2 million years.

It's not like you take some psychedelics, have an experience, then return to baseline without any lasting change in your base consciousness. They are called trips and journeys for a reason. They create lasting change in perspective just like travelling to a new country that differs vastly from your own.

For example, the mushrooms that were given to dying cancer patients; whatever happened during their trips, it removed their anxiety and depression around death permanently, even after returning to baseline. And they took a tiny amount too! How is that anything other than healing? They then no longer had to work through that while sober. It's an efficient solution worth investigating and having an open mind towards at the very least.

In a similar vein, if you take some MDMA or ketamine while you talk to your therapist, there are indications that creates wildly more powerful change than just talking to your therapist sober because it helps you open up so much more intensely.

Of course you will need to do work while sober too, I don't think anyone denies that, but suggesting that psychedelics can in no way help anyone permanently grow or heal as a person is really just a bit arrogant.

Drugs are one of the great excuses for the society to exercise social control and mess with people's privacy. Basically, everyone does some drugs in one form or another, so by criminalisng them you can enter into the life of anyone really.

Maybe I am exagerrating a little bit. But it's only because I think this libertatrian angle is validand rarely exercised when looking at the drug issue.