Kimka

Nothing matters

81 posts in this topic

This is a very common insight that the ego latches onto and uses for its own benefit. This is called spiritual bypassing or Zen devilry. Obviously, there are a lot of things that matter to him and he finds meaning in.

I mean, he literally says that "he doesn't like psychedelics". That is a value system right there. It matters to him.

What really happens is a recontextualization where you realize how meanings and values are relatively projected through your imagination. That's all. Not that meaning is bad, or false, or invalid. These are all actually extra meanings snuck in by the ego. 

Here are helpful videos by Leo on the matter:

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Kimka I recommend 5 meo dmt. There he can see that he and jews are the same.

And maybe introduce him to actualized.org. Maybe leo's Video can give him New perspectives. But I feel he will hate it. 

Edited by OBEler

34 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

?????????????????✨☹️MY GIRL. This sounds sooo00000gOOOOOOOD. I feel the clean and pure blue sky while I'm looking out from your van, I saw limpid green coloured trees flying through the side. The smell of clean cold air and shiny pump feeling arise from my stomach. This feels so good. And NOTHING like what you describe your boyfriend's situation. You can be so happy. Your life can be so good.

Oh how I love this visual. I can really picture this. Just feeling the cool fresh breeze of newness and freedom. Out in nature all the time, my favorite place. This is my dream. Also leading some new skills along the way. Maybe take up a new language. And surfing, skydiving, skating, going on adventures, experiencing new cultures and people. I think I want this because my future self already have it???

I have a friend that believes all that same stuff, especially about the Jews LOL.

Notice nothing matters also means there's not a problem with cleaning up and enjoying life with companions also.

Usually when there's behavior like this there's underlying issues ...ie...depression, anxiety, need to escape reality, trust issues, addiction, past trauma ect.

"Nothing matters" is pointing out that there's no real meaning, purpose or value. There's not an end goal which needs to be obtained in apparent life. The freedom to do or not do!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

43 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

there's a HUGE difference between nothing matters as a Nihilistic way of being & Nothing matters absolutely speaking. 

One leads to this kind of behavior, the other is an inherent truth but leads to the understanding of love, and why 'relatively' everything matters

Yes it’s like a paradox?

6 minutes ago, Kimka said:

I think I want this because my future self already have it???

HA !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SO GOOD.???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!(゚▽゚)/♥️

36 minutes ago, Osaid said:

This is a very common insight that the ego latches onto and uses for its own benefit. This is called spiritual bypassing or Zen devilry. Obviously, there are a lot of things that matter to him and he finds meaning in.

I mean, he literally says that "he doesn't like psychedelics". That is a value system right there. It matters to him.

What really happens is a recontextualization where you realize how meanings and values are relatively projected through your imagination. That's all. Not that meaning is bad, or false, or invalid. These are all actually extra meanings snuck in by the ego. 

Here are helpful videos by Leo on the matter:

I have been on this kind of track to figure out what he means by his believes. I’ve watched both of these episodes and I even found a thread here in the forum were they discussed zen devilry and Leo had described it in one post, and printed it and send it to my bf and he was like yeah that’s exactly what I am. Proudly. I told him I don’t think this is something to be proud about. 

thank you for helping me clearing this up and understand this concept more. I’ve always had kind of a bad feeling about all of this and I’m slowly beginning to get why. I think I’ll rewatch these videos since it was some time ago to refresh my memory. 

38 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Kimka I recommend 5 meo dmt. There he can see that he and jews are the same.

And maybe introduce him to actualized.org. Maybe leo's Video can give him New perspectives. But I feel he will hate it. 

Yes this is exactly what he would need. I also wanted to try 5 Meo and watched leos videos about it but it seems impossible to get at least in my country:( Really hope to experience this someday 

I know he could resonate with some of it, but as soon someone challenges his believes and narratives he gets super defensive and just start hating them(like he does with the jews) 

he really needs a wake up call

13 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I have a friend that believes all that same stuff, especially about the Jews LOL.

Notice nothing matters also means there's not a problem with cleaning up and enjoying life with companions also.

Usually when there's behavior like this there's underlying issues ...ie...depression, anxiety, need to escape reality, trust issues, addiction, past trauma ect.

"Nothing matters" is pointing out that there's no real meaning, purpose or value. There's not an end goal which needs to be obtained in apparent life. The freedom to do or not do!

♥ 

Yeah he has all kinds of issues so I think his way of thinking is a distraction from the things he doesn’t want to deal with. I really want to believe in purpose, and that things matter, It’s just up to each and everyone to define what does matter. I can think of many things ❤️??

16 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

HA !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SO GOOD.???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!(゚▽゚)/♥️

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

it feels comforting to think this way when you go through dark times. Gotta keep that good energy and good things will come?

Say you miss your family and spend a week with them, without your boyfriend. Try being clean.

He won't change. He will die on this hill and bury you with him if you let him. I know you love him, but would you give up your whole life for that love? Would you give up the chance of finding healthier love for your sick love?

You're not giving up anything by leaving him. You're regaining your freedom. Take back the control of your life. 

37 minutes ago, Kimka said:

Gotta keep that good energy and good things will come?

?

If u follow dharma, everything else will arrange itself accordingly i believe.

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Kimka said:

I feel so fucking stuck in this relationship and I can’t talk to anybody because I moved far away from my family and friends to be with this guy and I barely talked to them because they are disappointed in me for getting back with him after breaking up. I thought that was a great idea.

Yeah, it takes alot of courage to admit you've made a mistake. If I were in there position though I would feel relieved that you had come to me and asking for help to get out. I'd help you in a heartbeat. Maybe there's some internal resistance in you that makes it hard to reach out? I know I've had a hard time to ask for help when I've been struggling in life. Basically it's been about pride for me. "I can take care of myself" mindset. Maybe there's something else for you though?

18 minutes ago, Israfil said:

Say you miss your family and spend a week with them, without your boyfriend. Try being clean.

He won't change. He will die on this hill and bury you with him if you let him. I know you love him, but would you give up your whole life for that love? Would you give up the chance of finding healthier love for your sick love?

You're not giving up anything by leaving him. You're regaining your freedom. Take back the control of your life. 

I know this deep down. I know I’m destroying myself for this love. He is a copy of his father who was a heroin addict for his whole adult life and passed away pretty young. They both look alike and behave alike. My bf basically tried all drugs except heroin, and that would definitely be his downfall. I know it’s likely he will go down the same path as his father, especially if I leave him. His family told me I’m his first normal girlfriend. 
I don’t know why, but I’m afraid he will think of me as a bad person if I leave him. Like I wasn’t loyal enough to stay. Because I preached to him a lot about true love, and that you fight for someone you love and don’t give up. I believe this because my parents have the most amazing marriage and are still happy and in love after 30+ years and I wanted to have that. But I guess not with him. I almost tried it all and I don’t wanna be miserable anymore. 

I hope I will have the courage to just get out. I know now I have to, to save myself. 

19 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yeah, it takes alot of courage to admit you've made a mistake. If I were in there position though I would feel relieved that you had come to me and asking for help to get out. I'd help you in a heartbeat. Maybe there's some internal resistance in you that makes it hard to reach out? I know I've had a hard time to ask for help when I've been struggling in life. Basically it's been about pride for me. "I can take care of myself" mindset. Maybe there's something else for you though?

It’s a pride thing for me too. My family and friends saw the red flags pretty early and been telling me this guy is no good but I didn’t believe them. I recently started to see it because it became so obvious. So I feel it’s hard for me to admit that they were right. It was never going to last. I wanted to prove them wrong. But honestly, my family is great and I believe they would be really happy to have me back in their life, they even expressed that, that they miss me. 

I think in some bizarre way, some of my needs are being fulfilled in this relationship. I feel special because I told myself our history and connection we have is unique and I can’t let that go to waste. I invested so much. I think I’m afraid to be alone with my negative thoughts about myself. A relationship is like a conformation that at least somebody wants you. 

19 minutes ago, Kimka said:

I think in some bizarre way, some of my needs are being fulfilled in this relationship. I feel special because I told myself our history and connection we have is unique and I can’t let that go to waste. I invested so much. I think I’m afraid to be alone with my negative thoughts about myself. A relationship is like a conformation that at least somebody wants you. 

Exactly. Some needs are being fulfilled or else you wouldn't stay in it. 

With that logic though you'll be stuck in the relationship forever. At a point it's time to let things go. When is of course for you to decide. ?

You said yourself you're an introverted people-pleaser, so I can understand how hard it can be to sever a relationship. But, you have to learn to stand up for yourself and do it. Do it out of love and respect for your own self. Stop neglecting your own desires and beliefs for other people. Learn to say no. It's not loving to stay in a dysfunctional relationship. And, it's not necessarily not loving to stay out of a dysfunctional relationship. Maybe you leaving him will make him realize he needs to change how he is. It's not so linear.

Are you gonna start inviting every single homeless person you see on the street into your house just to prove you have love for them? Where is the line? There has to be a line.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

Are you gonna start inviting every single homeless person you see on the street into your house just to prove you have love for them? Where is the line? There has to be a line.

I love how you say so. and I like your avatar. FEELS THE SOUND IS SO CUTE WHEN YOU SPEAKING

14 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

and I like your avatar. FEELS THE SOUND IS SO CUTE WHEN YOU SPEAKING

Lol thanks

20 hours ago, Kimka said:

One of my first breakthrough on acid was the realization that nothing really matters in life. I can totally get that while tripping but it’s harder when when you have time processing that

my bf says that he’s awake because he knows this. And he doesn’t care about, almost anything. He’s shooting cocaine, ketamine(he has ODed), doing crack, smoking weed, daily, but says he doesn’t have a problem, because nothing matters. It’s just for fun. He know what he’s doing... life is just all a game. I get that, but at the same time if nothing matters then why bother? Why not just die then?

I’m a rookie when it comes to psychedelics, but I want to explore more. My bf doesn’t like to trip anymore, he is more experienced then me but says it messes you up and he don’t like that, he already know the truth there is and he’s just been to deep into the rabbit hole. He can never become happy like he used to because he know too much. I think this is somehow bs. He just wants to do mostly hard drugs and smoke weed, drink booze, all these low consciousness activities really that I hate(except smoking weed and special k) which doesn’t appeal to me at all. I enjoy ketamine but in a normal dose and not shooting it.

myZwTahOUYi1eV_WsS95HpA1VqqHvy72EyzQUsTyGEs.jpg