BlessedLion

Psychedelics & Permanent Changes

8 posts in this topic

Can they provide serious baseline changes? 

I believe if you use psychedelics along with your spiritual practice it can be a powerful catalyst. But they can also throw things off, sometimes I feel an impurity when I trip compared to just raising my consciousness in a raw manner like a silent retreat or nature immersion. But many don’t have the time for this 

I believe, the changes are only going to be permanent as long as you keep creating things for the permanent changes to stick to.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Of course but they can be also a trap. Having an ego death is a no return experience for example, you can't be the same ever when you have literally died.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

I like alternating between small doses psychadelics & high doses meditation / high doses psychadelics & contemplation / bare meditation / bare psychadelics high doses.

Kind off like concurrent periodization when lifting.

Psychadelic mainly causes permanent changes that would be proportional to permanent changes caused by intense versions of samatha jhãnas except stronger because psychadelics are like jhãnas on steroids. Doesn't mean that you couldn't get anything permanent. It's just different.

Edited by Michal__

Getting into a major car crash on the highway can also provide serious baseline changes.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 1/11/2023 at 1:26 PM, BlessedLion said:

Can they provide serious baseline changes? 

I believe if you use psychedelics along with your spiritual practice it can be a powerful catalyst. But they can also throw things off, sometimes I feel an impurity when I trip compared to just raising my consciousness in a raw manner like a silent retreat or nature immersion. But many don’t have the time for this 

Sure, they do, normal meditation can not stand against a high dose psychedelic trip

Drugs work, they help you integrate absolute love. I don’t know why people say “it doesnt stick”. They are talking about literally being enlightened… I don’t know a single human I know that’s enlightened except maybe some people who you meet on the sidewalk who are just insane. In practice I don’t know the difference between enlightened and insane. Like if you’re actually enlightened I’m pretty sure you couldn’t live in a modern society (unless we’re talking future advanced society)

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

ike if you’re actually enlightened I’m pretty sure you couldn’t live in a modern society (unless we’re talking future advanced society)

Yeah, take Jed McKenna for example. Literally no self, if you take his word for it, he didn’t even feel related to his own sister and “had no mechanism by which he could be concerned about or even curious about the future”

not even curious- that’s very radical

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com