Victor van Rijn

Clear critical analysis of 'woke' culture

231 posts in this topic

I find it odd she didn't give clear examples, she just made a video about a word and barely brushed over issues or examples.

Reading this thread you all are barely even discussing examples, I think you all would agree on many specifics but it's not possible on these concepts with floating definitions.

Like how are pandemic requirements wokeisms? See Russia and Iran, surely they're not considered 'woke'? They had far stricter mandates than the 'Woke' West.

Wokeism;expression of sensitivity to systemic injustices and prejudices.

Very manipulative video, conflating all kinds of things to drown out sincere efforts.

Edited by Devin

On 1/7/2023 at 8:19 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

It's literally the same people in both cases. The only difference between woke and right wing is upbringing and possibly socio-economic status, but their levels of consciousness are roughly the same. They're fundamentally just conforming their social circle and going overboard with that to enhance their survival.

That's just a leftist bias. It has nothing to do with truth.

What doesn't 'woke culture' tolerate of 'right wing' culture? For freedom of speech please provide example, I know hate speech and dangerous misinformation is censored.

For example 'right wing' culture does not tolerate other religions or beliefs, other sexualities, other cultural customs like women wearing burkas, using marijuana, women being leaders,....

Edited by Devin

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@mr_engineer Dude, you keep saying nonsense. No one has outlawed protesting except in China.

And yet, big protests already happened in China a few weeks ago. The protestors there actually were successful.

Also, China has actually allowed protests to happen, but only at local levels.

@Hardkill

7 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

And yet, big protests already happened in China a few weeks ago. The protestors there actually were successful.

Also, China has actually allowed protests to happen, but only at local levels.

At the moment they're successful, but soon the Chinese government will silence them down again and be like business as usually.

Surprising they have lost control of COVID again.

4 hours ago, Devin said:

Like how are pandemic requirements wokeisms? See Russia and Iran, surely they're not considered 'woke'? They had far stricter mandates than the 'Woke' West.

The woke people blindly supported their governments in the lockdowns and vax-mandates. And, they supported the violent, authoritarian crushing of protests for people's bodily autonomy to not get the vax in the face of vax-mandates. Why?! Because their favorite politicians were able to characterize the counter-movements as 'right-wing' and that's a big swear-word in woke culture. 

Also, never ever forget how they used social-media to censor dissent. And how the woke people turned 'conspiracy-theory' into a bad word, following the footsteps of the CIA. The world will not forget your sins, woke mob. 

4 hours ago, Devin said:

Wokeism;expression of sensitivity to systemic injustices and prejudices.

In theory. In practice, wokeism is communism. 

4 hours ago, Devin said:

For example 'right wing' culture does not tolerate other religions or beliefs, other sexualities, other cultural customs like women wearing burkas, using marijuana, women being leaders,....

In theory. And that's the far-right you're describing. In reality, right-wingers are just normal people who want normal things, like a family, religion, work, money, national identity. 

Edited by mr_engineer

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

In theory. In practice, wokeism is communism

Congrats, you win the award for the silliest thing I’ve read all day. And I’ve been browsing a lot of YouTube comments today so you know that’s an achievement 

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like you are deliberately looking to be contrarian and unreasonable because you got nothing better to do with your time. Go create something valuable rather than obsessing over this shit. Relax, things will be okay.

I found it very important to inform you that your censorship of dissent towards what's being done is a support towards authoritarianism, not democracy. This is your Life-Purpose, this is the impact you're having on the world. You are destroying democracy with your own two hands by supporting authoritarianism. 

Is this what you want for the future generation?! Do you want them to live in a world where the state controls everything and they get to do nothing outside the rules? What if a Trump-figure gets power in that world?! 

Edited by mr_engineer

9 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

I found it very important to inform you that your censorship of dissent towards what's being done is a support towards authoritarianism, not democracy. This is your Life-Purpose, this is the impact you're having on the world. 

Is this what you want for the future generation?! Do you want them to live in a world where the state controls everything and they get to do nothing outside the rules? What if a Trump-figure gets power in that world?! 

Nuh uh, you don’t get to move the goal posts. What you said was that “wokeism is communism” which is categorically silly

2 minutes ago, something_else said:

Nuh uh, you don’t get to move the goal posts. What you said was that “wokeism is communism” which is categorically silly

And communism is authoritarianism. In practice, not in theory. People lose property-rights, people get social credit for giving up body-sovereignty, the state gets absolute power to inject whatever the hell they want in the name of a 'vaccine' and they have emergency-authorization, aka you can't sue them if they choose to deliberately harm you through the vax. (I'm not saying they did, I'm saying that this is a prelude to something worse in the future)

46 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

The woke people blindly supported their governments in the lockdowns and vax-mandates. And, they supported the violent, authoritarian crushing of protests for people's bodily autonomy to not get the vax in the face of vax-mandates. Why?! Because their favorite politicians were able to characterize the counter-movements as 'right-wing' and that's a big swear-word in woke culture. 

a.)They didn't blindly support it, people that want to get vaccinated would obviously want everyone else to be vaccinated. I get the flu shot every year, am I doing that because of propaganda or because I've had the flu real bad and don't want to be down for a week?

b.)Many of the woke crowd oppose vaccines, they have for years, anti vaccine is woke.

46 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

In theory. And that's the far-right you're describing. In reality, right-wingers are just normal people who want normal things, like a family, religion, work, money, national identity. 

Well then what you describe as "far right" is the right, 70% privately oppose everything I listed, I live in a right wing region, those views are the norm, which of those I listed do you not oppose? If you list any, you're woke!

You listed zero examples of intolerance. Pro vaccine is not woke, it's not even progressive or left, Iran and Russia had far stricter protocols than the west.

Edited by Devin

15 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

No, government is just a social contract, a cooperation amongst people, without government we still have rules and cooperation, but far more chaotic, inconsistent, and it's less enjoyable of a life.

Government is checked by elections.

Wow.

20 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

And communism is authoritarianism. In practice, not in theory. People lose property-rights, people get social credit for giving up body-sovereignty, the state gets absolute power to inject whatever the hell they want in the name of a 'vaccine' and they have emergency-authorization, aka you can't sue them if they choose to deliberately harm you through the vax. (I'm not saying they did, I'm saying that this is a prelude to something worse in the future)

Take a look in the last Post on Leo's Blog That one is for you. Hehe

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

And communism is authoritarianism

Saying that “all wokeism is authoritarianism” is false.

Saying that “all authoritarianism is communism” is false.

Saying that “all communism is authoritarian” is false. 

Saying that “there were authoritarian implementations of communism in the past” is true.

So I have no idea how you are concluding that “wokeism is communism”, it highlights your bias a lot to make a statement like that

Just now, something_else said:

Saying that “all wokeism is authoritarianism” is false.

Saying that “all authoritarianism is communism” is false.

Saying that “all communism is authoritarian” is false. 

Saying that “there were authoritarian implementations of communism in the past” is true.

So I have no idea how you are concluding that “wokeism is communism”, it highlights your bias a lot to make a statement like that

"Bias" is being generous.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

a.)They didn't blindly support it, people that want to get vaccinated would obviously want everyone else to be vaccinated. I get the flu shot every year, am I doing that because of propaganda or because I've had the flu real bad and don't want to be down for a week?

How dare they support mandates?! You can sell it to me if you want to. But, if I don't want it and you're vaccinated, who gave you the right to force it?! 

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

You listed zero examples of intolerance. Pro vaccine is not woke, it's not even progressive or left, Iran and Russia had far stricter protocols than the west.

To not have the vax is a huge taboo, socially. And you won't be allowed anywhere without it. Not on flights, not at work, not in government-buildings. That's pretty intolerant! 

@something_else Again, you're talking about it in theory, in terms of ideas. I'm talking about it in practice, in terms of what they did. Please, apply your concepts to reality, see what it amounts to and then see how others perceive those actions. 

@Devin I just like memes 

I guess robert anton wilson was an idiot ?

68747470733a2f2f757373722e77696e2f70686f746f2f37613263376633662d393531312d343135612d383138612d3761323930383437626463392e6a7067.jpg

“In such a deception network, conspiracies proliferate. Rumor is necessary, it has been found, when people cannot find “official” news sources to be trusted to tell them what’s really going on.”

have mercy !

I m more of this side :

68747470733a2f2f757373722e77696e2f636c6f75642f726f62657274616e746f6e77696c736f6e7261772f7261775f71756f74655f70725f64656d6f6372612e6a706567.jpg

I M NOT LIBERTARIAN

but I m definitely anti corruption, and all govs are corrupted right now, or way too much to my taste.

the life of every politicians shall be on a twitch permanent livestream, every words, their privacy shall not exists, the rule of the gov is to serv people, but they always serv themself first.

this way they would be servants of the people and not lie as much :D 

guess they won't like this idea, the reverse is better !

Edited by A_v_E

1 hour ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Take a look in the last Post on Leo's Blog That one is for you. Hehe

Leo has not seen the scientific-establishment from the inside. He doesn't know how deeply corrupt and biased it is. I have done scientific-research for 3 years. That's why I take 'the science' with a grain of salt, not as dogma. 

Fine, it's a solid justification for how the woke mob behaved. But, this doesn't make the behavior right, right?! Take your vaccine and shut up. Don't force others to take it. And let people say whatever they want about your vaccine. Consumerism 101, reviews are everything. 

The point of 'science' is to question it. As a researcher, I give people the right to question 'the science', because I don't hold it as dogma. And I do not advocate for it. It kills so much creativity and discovery-potential in science and tech. If you don't do this, it becomes the 'ministry of truth' as said in Orwell's 1984. 

Edited by mr_engineer

11 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

How dare they support mandates?! You can sell it to me if you want to. But, if I don't want it and you're vaccinated, who gave you the right to force it?! 

To not have the vax is a huge taboo, socially. And you won't be allowed anywhere without it. Not on flights, not at work, not in government-buildings. That's pretty intolerant! 

Well first of I agree with your first statement although I don't agree with what you actually mean. I think the Austria mandate was some Hitler stuff. But the public space stuff is just common sense to require vaccination during a pandemic, it's what every surviving society has done with things like quarantines all the way back to the beginning of history.

That's like saying they're intolerant of speeders on the highway, or bad drivers.