PenguinPablo

How do "souls" and "reincarnation" fit with God Realization?

18 posts in this topic

Genuinely curious how these mechanics interact with each other. And what if they are at play, they ultimately mean. 

@PenguinPablo The answer is simple. One of my favorite yogis Sri M, says something like this: "you can spend 20 years in a cave in the Himalayas meditating. It will be great. Peace of mind, the locals will provide you with food and warm blankets for the winter. They will surround you with care and respect like a saint. In such conditions accepting the world comes surprisingly easily. But in the end, you must leave the cave and go among people. Into the world. See how much you really accept what is. Rediscover the Unconditional Love that you are." So you leave the Heavenly Cave, and here you are. Whether it's an angelic fall or just a cosmic Lila game - all interpretations are on the table. Choose yourself. That's not the point.

The whole beauty of liberation from this imaginary cage of conditioning and limitation lies in its difficulty. So tricky and yet so simple. Just brilliant. A brilliant, beautiful paradox. I discovered this while practicing Kundalini. You do not have to do anything. You have to work your ass off as a human here to find out that you don't have to do anything. I can not explain that. Everyone has to discover it for themselves. It takes some so-called time - incarnation - which is simply a stage of self-discovery. The hard is what makes it Great - however irrational it sounds in a situation of complete identification with a suffering man in a hostile world where evil and death lurk around every corner.

@PenguinPablo your consciousness is your soul. Its a bubble of light that just turns off and on. 

Edited by Hojo

The ideas of souls and reincarnation are attempts of the mind to explain how Consciousness plays its game of Self-discovery within the cosmos. As conceptualizations, they cannot capture God-Realization, which is direct and beyond spiritual beliefs.

The how of Consciousness is rife with conjecture, and varies from one human mind to the next. The being of Consciousness is the only realization that is directly true. It is the blinding light that banishes the shadows of speculation, and reveals all ideas to be ultimately insignificant.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

the worst part is that the reincarnation proposition is a continuous question for the seeking mind; it comes back every few weeks.

it's the idea of reincarnation that keeps abiding in flesh, as with the soul.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

One of the primary reasons the mind resists the idea of reincarnation is that the idea of being eternal, in fact, terrifies it in general, just like infinity. After all, reincarnation is just an idea so that the eternal, omnipotent, and infinite consciousness does not bore itself to death. And it's not a stupid idea at all. Actually, it's brilliant!

These mechanics are relative, not absolute. It's just another story to imagine. They don't have any direct metaphysical implications in regards to "god-realization". 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid But that's what the activity of consciousness is: making stories. Isn't it? And it's okay unless you create attachments to those and identify yourself through the incarnated character of a particular drama. Well, it's still ok from an absolute perspective, only imagined you have an imagined problem: i.e. with an idea of reincarnation in this case. I'm not saying this to you, in general.

5 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

I'm not saying this to you, in general.

That's fair. I have nothing against imagination. Ideologically clinging to states which have no imagination is a big trap as well, you see it a lot in spiritual circles.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

i don't know if it's possible or not to know if the reincarnation is real or not but it is an interesting idea. Since birth, the person manifests specific, very solid energy patterns. These patterns evolve throughout life. if these patterns acquire a structure, let's say, aligned, enlightenment takes place. If instead they get more and more stuck in attachment and fear, what takes place is suffering.

when the physical body disappears, it seems possible that these patterns continue. a new beginning and a new evolution, until the complete alignment. this does not mean that "I" will be reborn. everything is the same, the infinite manifesting itself. is simply the continuity of a certain pattern

I think the concept of reincarnation was created for two reasons; first to create the fear that our actions in this life will affect the quality of the next life and to not complain to God the limitations that exist in this life. Imagine if we don't have any memories of our past life, what is the use of worrying about reincarnation?

On 1/5/2023 at 0:54 PM, Breakingthewall said:

i don't know if it's possible or not to know if the reincarnation is real or not but it is an interesting idea. Since birth, the person manifests specific, very solid energy patterns. These patterns evolve throughout life. if these patterns acquire a structure, let's say, aligned, enlightenment takes place. If instead they get more and more stuck in attachment and fear, what takes place is suffering.

when the physical body disappears, it seems possible that these patterns continue. a new beginning and a new evolution, until the complete alignment. this does not mean that "I" will be reborn. everything is the same, the infinite manifesting itself. is simply the continuity of a certain pattern

Very well put.

Thank you.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:10 AM, Kuba Powiertowski said:

One of the primary reasons the mind resists the idea of reincarnation is that the idea of being eternal, in fact, terrifies it in general, just like infinity. After all, reincarnation is just an idea so that the eternal, omnipotent, and infinite consciousness does not bore itself to death. And it's not a stupid idea at all. Actually, it's brilliant!

I think the reason people fear the infinite is simply that they project onto it the idea of suffering forever, and ever. As well as the possibility of doing so.