StarStruck

Cost-benefit of alcohol

11 posts in this topic

I feel like if I do it once a week it is perfect. It really helps to let go and have a good time while being out. It is not even comparable to going out to being sober: I’m having 10x more fun with myself and I’m more fun to be around with. 

I restrict myself to 4-5 glasses of wine ?. It is the most healthy option in my opinion and if I don’t eat a lot that night I can get tipsy off of that. I have to admit I can’t always restrict myself to once a week. 

Lately I’m having some guilt feelings about my alcohol use. I try to balance things out with eating very healthy and working out. That eating healthy was always going great but I could do more work outs. 
Do you guys think I’m too hard on myself ? I can’t just have fun going out without alcohol. It is something I have to fix but at the same time alcohol helps me a lot to go beyond my boundaries. It is almost psychedelic. 

In Tate we trust

Why are you creating guilt? What beliefs do you have about alcohol that then you create guilt from? Yes, I do think you are being hard on yourself and probably should figure out what beliefs you have around this topic and what deeper core beliefs they are connected to. 

Edited by Lyubov

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I feel like if I do it once a week it is perfect. It really helps to let go and have a good time while being out. It is not even comparable to going out to being sober: I’m having 10x more fun with myself and I’m more fun to be around with. 

I restrict myself to 4-5 glasses of wine ?. It is the most healthy option in my opinion and if I don’t eat a lot that night I can get tipsy off of that. I have to admit I can’t always restrict myself to once a week. 

Lately I’m having some guilt feelings about my alcohol use. I try to balance things out with eating very healthy and working out. That eating healthy was always going great but I could do more work outs. 
Do you guys think I’m too hard on myself ? I can’t just have fun going out without alcohol. It is something I have to fix but at the same time alcohol helps me a lot to go beyond my boundaries. It is almost psychedelic. 

Let me guess, you drink once a week but you don't get shitfaced the day you drink?  It is normal to have feelings of guilt because you are aware of what alcohol is.  As long as you know that alcohol is a self inflicted fun poison and you keep your drinking to a minimum - you're okay.  

Once you begin increasing the amount of alcohol (due to tolerance) and the days you do it and begin making excuses to do it, then you're in the baby steps of developing a drinking problem.

Just keep an eye on it at all times.  Alcoholism is a very sneaky beast that most people don't know they're hooked until they can't stop.

17 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I can’t just have fun going out without alcohol.

Then it’s obviously a crutch.

You know this and that’s why you feel shame around it. You will be enslaved to alcohol until you can live without it and your life be just as good. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

6 hours ago, King Merk said:

Then it’s obviously a crutch.

You know this and that’s why you feel shame around it. You will be enslaved to alcohol until you can live without it and your life be just as good. 

@hoodrow trillson @Lyubov  this is why I feel guilt and shame. Alcohol is a great relief for stress and just having fun but the day after I get the sobering part. I don't even drink a lot. I just get tipsy. The day after I get the reality check.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck  that’s not the real you, that’s the real drunk you. Real drunk you will be making friends and girlfriends but real sober you is reliving neglect.

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

@StarStruck  that’s not the real you, that’s the real drunk you. Real drunk you will be making friends and girlfriends but real sober you is reliving neglect.

neglect of what

In Tate we trust

I feel like it’s a good thing to experiment with when you’re younger. Having a phase where you are pretty careless and get all the partying out of your system is maybe not a bad thing, as long as you are careful enough to not really fuck yourself over

Bad diet as a whole is probably much worse for your body than alcohol

@StarStruck hey, can totally relate to this post. i dont drink often, maybe 1-2 drink(red wine usually) a week, Its cos i identify myself as a healthy person, but i know that feeling of having guilt, not so much because i drink a lot. i dont drink often nor to get drunk, but knowing that i use it sometimes as a crutch, to detress or to improve my mood. 

On 12/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, StarStruck said:

can’t just have fun going out without alcohol.

Yes you can. Try harder.

All my pickup was sober.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.