kieranperez

Ralston’s New Book - The Art of Mastery

81 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Gee, that's a profound understanding of stage green. Kudos to You. :P

Do you dare to comment on my point on ecology. ?

In Tate we trust

51 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Do you dare to comment on my point on ecology. ?

He's not in "the business of ecology". He's in business. Mostly.

And even if he was that doesn't mean he couldn't be mainly orange. Perhaps ask yourself what SD really tracks and what it doesn't.

I get the impression that people here often don't appreciate the intelligence of the """lower""" stages. To be at healthy orange is something really great. And it's easy to confuse intelligent orange people with them being yellow. So to clarify: I'm not saying Musk is primarily orange as an insult. Of course he probably does have some yellow in him too.

Also I suggest You take a look at your biases against green. Our society's transition into green has BARELY started and being so critical of it and wanting to jump straight to yellow is simply a misunderstanding in my view. Which many are guilty of. In general if You're negative about green You're most likely below it rather than above, I'd say. Healthy green is going to be something really beautiful and no, it's not just about going to burning man and smoking pot - it goes way deeper than that.

Edited by Sincerity

What does he mean by mastery? 

Is it sort of like George Leonards mastery? 

I love metalearning principles.  But I assume this is enlightenment focused 

Edit:

Got the audiobook. Seems to be mastery in terms of success 

Edited by Jacob Morres

I'm baffled by this book.

I couldn't stop reading it. 

This is what Tesla, Da Vinci, Musk, Franklin, Michelangelo achieved.

And now exists a map (book) to leave you there :o 

I feel Ralston is too long winded. Most of the stuff he wrote we already know about them. There are some extra golden nuggets we may not know of but are they really very applicable in real life?

For example, I can give you an insight such as sleep early, wake up early and you will have more energy daily which helps you attain mastery. So what did Ralston teach?

22 hours ago, hyruga said:

I feel Ralston is too long winded. Most of the stuff he wrote we already know about them. There are some extra golden nuggets we may not know of but are they really very applicable in real life?

For example, I can give you an insight such as sleep early, wake up early and you will have more energy daily which helps you attain mastery. So what did Ralston teach?

I read the first few chapters that contain the short and long summary of his new book Mastery, and I was meh. He was all over the place. Perhaps I will continue his book perhaps not.

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck @hyruga

Intellectual understanding is just the first step. The key is experiencing the communication. That is what the work is all about.

If you grasped the communication, you'd be a master by now.

@Jacob Morres

Mastery in terms of skill. I don't think that it can be applied to enlightenment work as the latter isn't a relative matter.

Edited by UnbornTao

Finally found the book from the library. Way too boring and tedious to read. The author talked about some points in depth and the points seem to lead you towards mastery if you actively applied them especially in martial arts.

Edited by hyruga

On 05/06/2023 at 4:31 PM, hyruga said:

Finally found the book from the library. Way too boring and tedious to read. The author talked about some points in depth and the points seem to lead you towards mastery if you actively applied them especially in martial arts.

I stopped reading at 44 page. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

The audiobook is great, can recommend especially while training and doing smth. I feel I can get a better taste of what he meant. Also outside of martial arts. I am quiet happy with it. 

I listened to it 3-5 times approx. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@CARDOZZO I don't integrate it to well, due to slowing down mostly and to many changes in enviroment. Mostly it has been making distinctions and an idea from another audiobook about exellence and developing curisoity for the boring stuff. 

• Creating states from scratch
  • New impulses for new learning especially if old stuff does not work
  • Following as a principle to leading if a newb and learning (his example of go)
  • Practicing subtely creating new states from scratch 
  • Contemplating how consciouness and the taste I had plays a role in all of this
  • Changing strategies if it does not serve the result/process
  • Even more process oriented thinking (I am quiet natural at this, yet not the best at getting results)
  • To imagine to create states from scratch and do it, when I don't like a circumstance etc.
  • Coming from a placed of relaxed "indifference" and not reactivity as a baseline state for mastery

This is mostly it. I notice it the most during weight training I still struggle with my lp due to injury and the lack of big picture thinking in academia etc. I applied to a conscious company and they loved me so far, so I hope stuff can work it for the better in terms of LP etc. Currently self-motivation as an eq concept is not easy. I am convinced you can't do it alone etc. 

Still at times the notion of having others holds me back, when I feel I don't provide as much value as I'd like to, and just how introverted my life style is etc. So yeah I struggle to integrate this in my life purpose. I am also playing with the idea to let go of a life purpose, as I know what I want and focus more on values and build a vision organically, so my enviroment is conducive and I use some tools, the success journal I have is great. Overall I miss states that make me feel succesful and masterful and aid in getting results. I read in a lecture I had the pride can be a form of self-love in positive computing, so I am playing around the visualizing a lot of love notions and how I'd like to be based on internal states and beign, yet only 30 minutes a day, I don't have much more time, and the arrogance of the forum subtely destroyed a shit ton of healthy friendships and more "normal" and patient growth type of experiences. It's like an anti-beauty subtle hatred spread in a sense, and vanity can feel like hate I notice. 

To give an example I am 30 minutes out of the session, and gave myself the best to connect self-love, life-long learning and the goals I have without feeling angry and resentful and to create new states from here. It feels like a holistic growth feeling of self-healing. 
I really love life, when I can connect that deeply with my heart. 

Feel free to get various formats and a couple of paperbacks as a gift for family and friends. In order for Freedom From Suffering to come out, this one has to sell well.

@UnbornTao I don’t understand why Ralston is not recognized all over the world.

I think his staff needs to be more obsessive in making his work go viral before his death.

It would be amazing if a lot of scientists just go hardcore to enlightenment.

I’m getting there and I will apply consciousness to science, technology, innovation and philosophy.

Edited by CARDOZZO

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

It would be amazing if a lot of scientists just go hardcore to enlightenment.

I’m getting there and I will apply consciousness to science, technology, innovation and philosophy.

Shinzen is still building/researching for a device that can produce enlightenment:

Amazing, thanks for that.

Ur welcome!

Imagine having professors like Shinzen, clarity beyond studying!

@UnbornTao I don’t understand why Ralston is not recognized all over the world.

I think his staff needs to be more obsessive in making his work go viral before his death.

Because his work is profound and he's honest lol. Newcomers may find his work unremarkable and even basic. People seem to be mostly after fireworks and fancy ideas. No pretense, no party. ;) 

26 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Shinzen is still building/researching for a device that can produce enlightenment:

Not gonna happen. Enlightenment isn't relative and isn't dependent on "stuff" -- circumstances. This doesn't mean good work can come out of this type of research. Shinzen looks like a wise, smart, nice guy, though I haven't studied him.