Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In those cases, you're talking about authoritarian countries which don't have free speech. Yeah, of course, Russia, India, China, etc will crack down on free speech. But in the US and Western Europe, no one cares what you say.

I didn't specifically mean in regards to freedom of speech, its degrees, and the amount of its non-restriction present, but the potential influence that one already acquires via social media and has in the real socio-political world where he might enhance it further still by using Twitter as an instant reach digital communication platform to construct the online part of the movement and widen its power, reach, influence and popularity via that as an actual real-world action and praxis mass movement as well.

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

PayPal, too, looked like a stupid idea to everyone before Elon made it succeed.

1) Paypal was a fine idea from the start and it was rapidly successful.

2) There were many factors to Paypal's success beyond Musk.

3) Twitter is not some new start-up. It's a fully established and mature service. You can't just expect to change its core and keep everyone around. You could easily lose 50% of your community.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't just expect to change its core and keep everyone around. You could easily lose 50% of your community.

The world is mostly right wing. Maybe he is trying to tap into that 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

There’s no way this man is not using psychedelics, I’m glad he bought Twitter because I believe he can use this power for the benefit of legalization. However I have no idea why he’s going republican (I’m not in the US) 

2 minutes ago, decentralized said:

However I have no idea why he’s going republican

Because he hates unions and taxes.

It's not rocket science.

Musk cannot be trusted to be an impartial arbiter here. At best his opinions may align with yours. But as soon as it suits him, he will burn you.

Edited by Leo Gura

3) Twitter is not some new start-up. It's a fully established and mature service. You can't just expect to change its core and keep everyone around. You could easily lose 50% of your community.

You're assuming Twitter stays the exact same thing it is today.  It's likely to become a YouTube competitor at the very least.  Whatever he does with it, it's now the best known platform in the world.  It's pretty much hit rock bottom already, anyone's who was gonna leave Twitter has already left.  The only way is up.

And if Trump comes back to Twitter.. tweets all over the news.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Paypal was a fine idea from the start and it was rapidly successful.

2) There were many factors to Paypal's success beyond Musk.

Elon saw PayPal's potential, even when banking services were already common.

Elon saw Twitter's potential, even when tweeting services were already common.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

You're assuming Twitter stays the exact same thing it is today.  It's likely to become a YouTube competitor at the very least.  Whatever he does with it, it's now the best known platform in the world.  It's pretty much hit rock bottom already, anyone's who was gonna leave Twitter has already left.  The only way is up.

And if Trump comes back to Twitter.. tweets all over the news.

Elon saw PayPal's potential, even when banking services were already common.

Elon saw Twitter's potential, even when tweeting services were already common.

I don't think so. It wasn't common sense at one point of PayPal's potential, as most people back then were used to banking methods over PayPal.

Elon Musk, for all his brilliance, is hyper left brained and due to that, makes him a stupidly smart man, only smart with STEM related topics, but not when it comes to engineer social changes. I don't like Twitter, but I wouldn't treat what I don't like how Elon Musk treated Twitter, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy or most disliked field of interest. If anything, this event, one of the few positives, is that it shows how stupid and foolish Elon Musk actually is. I hope he eats his humble pie with plenty of cream on it.

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

It's pretty much hit rock bottom already, anyone's who was gonna leave Twitter has already left.  The only way is up.

This is absurd.

It hasn't hit any kind of bottom. Musk is already whining that advertisers are starting to leave and he has yet to make any big changes.

Changing a media platform is very dangerous. He could lose half his investment in a month.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Musk cannot be trusted to be an impartial arbiter here. At best his opinions may align with yours. But as soon as it suits him, he will burn you.

Well he did say he's forming an impartial group of judges.

I agree he's unreliable, but I'd struggle coming up with a powerful person who's better than him.  He's literally your personality type.  He values not power or money, but progress.  You can't even bribe the man!  Even Putin with his 200B couldn't buy out Elon.  Elon just spent 44B he may or may not ever get back.  That's how incorruptible he is.

At least, he pretends to have some high-consciousness values. And he isn't blindly bending over backwards to the advertisers. 

There is a lot of legitimate dissent towards the globalist agendas (like lockdowns, the jab, the sanctions, etc.) that's being repressed in the name of 'hate-speech'. Because Karens just act out emotionally, this gives them plenty of margin for error for defining 'hate-speech'. Therefore, they define it the way that suits their agenda. 

I think he'll get new advertising supporting good ideas that promote more freedom and democracy. 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is absurd.

It hasn't hit any kind of bottom. Musk is already whining that advertisers are starting to leave and he has yet to make any big changes.

Changing a media platform is very dangerous. He could lose half his investment in a month.

1. Improve, rather than change.

2. Most of the suggested changes are additions.

Imagine if there were 3 tabs on the Twitter app, like you have on TikTok.  E.g. Boards // Tweets // Vines.  

It could in an instant threaten Reddit, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, 4chan, WhatsApp, etc.

At that point, why would anyone ever want another app?

Due to the freedom of speech, even 4chan incels could have their own boards and subscribe to the vines and tweets of other incels.  Yet with just basic content filtering and settings, even mums could still use it for recipes or whatever.

Edited by thisintegrated

@mr_engineer

11 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

At least, he pretends to have some high-consciousness values. And he isn't blindly bending over backwards to the advertisers. 

There is a lot of legitimate dissent towards the globalist agendas (like lockdowns, the jab, the sanctions, etc.) that's being repressed in the name of 'hate-speech'. Because Karens just act out emotionally, this gives them plenty of margin for error for defining 'hate-speech'. Therefore, they define it the way that suits their agenda. 

I think he'll get new advertising supporting good ideas that promote more freedom and democracy. 

Unlikely, in fact Elon Musk has little business in buying out Twitter and ruining it from the inside out. He's not well-equipped to re-design Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@mr_engineer

Unlikely, in fact Elon Musk has little business in buying out Twitter and ruining it from the inside out. He's not well-equipped to re-design Twitter.

Yeah, I know. I'm talking to the people freaking out about 'Oh no, what happens when the Dutch farmers and Canadian truckers get a platform to express themselves?! We can't repress their voices anymore!! We can't ignore what went down in Sri Lanka anymore.' 

@thisintegrated

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

1. Improve, rather than change.

2. Most of the suggested changes are additions.

Imagine if there were 3 tabs on the Twitter app, like you have on TikTok.  E.g. Boards // Tweets // Vines.  

It could in an instant threaten Reddit, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, 4chan, WhatsApp, etc.

At that point, why would anyone ever want another app?

Due to the freedom of speech, even 4chan incels could have their own boards and subscribe to the vines and tweets of other incels.  Yet with just basic content filtering and settings, even mums could still use it for recipes or whatever.

Which is why Elon Musk is not the ideal choice to lead Twitter and to change it. He's far better off keeping to his tesla and SpaceX instead.

@mr_engineer

2 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Yeah, I know. I'm talking to the people freaking out about 'Oh no, what happens when the Dutch farmers and Canadian truckers get a platform to express themselves?! We can't repress their voices anymore!! We can't ignore what went down in Sri Lanka anymore.' 

I know, sorry if I'm ranting, but clearly Elon Musk has no business in dealing with a social media platform, thinking if Trump, who has little to no political experience and understanding can run for president and win, that Elon Musk with little social media experience and credential of trolls can run Twitter, well, he's fucked up big time.

Also, fuck Joe Rogan and Lex Fridman for platforming Elon Musk, they are sellouts of the alternative media space of the highest order. So disappointing.

28 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@thisintegrated

I don't think so. It wasn't common sense at one point of PayPal's potential, as most people back then were used to banking methods over PayPal.

wdym? Isn't that exactly the point I was making?  I was saying that everyone hates PP at first, and now everyone's hating Twitter, in its current form.

Initially, iirc, PP wasn't even meant to be a payment app.  It just evolved into one.  Twitter is just about to begin its evolution, in theory.

Elon Musk, for all his brilliance, is hyper left brained and due to that, makes him a stupidly smart man, only smart with STEM related topics, but not when it comes to engineer social changes.

Yep

I don't like Twitter, but I wouldn't treat what I don't like how Elon Musk treated Twitter, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy or most disliked field of interest. If anything, this event, one of the few positives, is that it shows how stupid and foolish Elon Musk actually is. I hope he eats his humble pie with plenty of cream on it.

You mean Elon is mistreating/abusing twitter?  Where did Elon touch her?

@Leo Gura

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is absurd.

I see two possibilities at play. One, he is overconfident in thinking that he can pull a Donald Trump with Twitter and just run it with little to know social media management and experience without moderation considerations. And two, he's trolling and wants to actually ruin Twitter, and is willing to take the consequences if that happens, at least he has Tesla and SpaceX to fall back on.

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@thisintegrated

Which is why Elon Musk is not the ideal choice to lead Twitter and to change it. He's far better off keeping to his tesla and SpaceX instead.

He's keeping everything.  

How is he a bad choice?  Not that many incorruptible billionaire philanthropist NT types who are ok with throwing away tens of billions for the public good.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

wdym? Isn't that exactly the point I was making?  I was saying that everyone hates PP at first, and now everyone's hating Twitter, in its current form.

Initially, iirc, PP wasn't even meant to be a payment app.  It just evolved into one.  Twitter is just about to begin its evolution, in theory.

Yep

You mean Elon is mistreating/abusing twitter?  Where did Elon touch her?

If I remember correctly, PayPal was supposed to be the next mailing service? That didn't work, so the founders ruminated until they came up with what it is today.

I think Elon Musk is inspired by Donald Trump and thought he could make Twitter great again. If you are no or have little plumbing experience, don't touch the snatch pipe.

@thisintegrated

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

He's keeping everything.  

How is he a bad choice?  Not that many incorruptible billionaire philanthropist NT types who are ok with throwing away tens of billions for the public good.

He's way more suited for SpaceX and Tesla products and services. Maybe it's the weed that's making him more unhinged I don't know, this thread is getting derailed to the ninth degree, sorry Leo. ?