Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Why Pursue Awakening If It Is Not Caused By Anything?

30 posts in this topic

So I rewatched Leo's video about what Awakening feels like and is Awakening is supposed to transcend cause and effect right? What does it mean to say that Awakening is not caused by anything @Leo Gura?

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to contact Leo.

It's caused by many things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I thought that you said that it was not caused by any meditation or phychadelic and that it was uncaused.

Causality is illusory. Practices that reduce the amalgam of identity can increase probability for awakening. 

Because it's a realization. It's understanding that the nature of reality was so simple and in plain sight, but because you was focused on thoughts your never realized.

It's caused by making a hole in your egoic sense of self. Not to confuse with temporary openings caused by psychedelics.

i mean even if you can increase your chances it ain't guaranteed, I did kriya yoga religiously for five years and nothing.  i certainly dreamed up a challenging and annoying dream

On 10/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, Gidiot said:

i mean even if you can increase your chances it ain't guaranteed, I did kriya yoga religiously for five years and nothing.  i certainly dreamed up a challenging and annoying dream

@Gidiot I know that Leo said not to mix any other yogic practices on his blog but what else did you do outside of yoga that increased your chances to have Awakening?

It is innate human nature to seek liberation. When liberation is attained, that aspirant needs to relax all seeking. This will calm the uncertainty of the new reality that has unfolded for the aspirant.

The moment has to be ripe. Oftentimes, a Guru or a great statement (You are That) can ease the mind of the person who has awoken. You can relax! This is it. When the relaxation comes, the seeking energy disappears and integration and embodiment then unfolds. 

Forums like this serve as a guru or a great statement for those that are ready.

The cause of awakening is the lack of stupidity. when your level of stupidity drops below a certain point, you are forced to wake up. if your level of stupidity stays high enough, you will keep looking for other things

Awakening is caused by Consciousness. It has various ways to awaken to itself within the human experience, including meditation and suffering. When you choose to meditate, it isn't you choosing it, but Consciousness guiding you to choose it. When meditation leads to awakening, it isn't you choosing to awaken, but Consciousness choosing to reveal itself within you. The more awake you become, the more free you will actually be to make choices, but only because you are doing so according to your true nature as Consciousness.

Only Consciousness is ultimately free.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

18 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The cause of awakening is the lack of stupidity. when your level of stupidity drops below a certain point, you are forced to wake up. if your level of stupidity stays high enough, you will keep looking for other things

@Breakingthewall You know the stubborness of other people kind of reminds me of that but I have to ask myself the intention behind engaging with arguments. You were probably talking about something else but this is what I had in mind.

18 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Breakingthewall Does awakening require to stop looking for other things?

4 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@Breakingthewall You know the stubborness of other people kind of reminds me of that but I have to ask myself the intention behind engaging with arguments. You were probably talking about something else but this is what I had in mind.

What I wanted to say is that stupidity is not a lack of intelligence, it is something in itself. stupidity is what allows you to be asleep, evading what you really are, focused on meaningless problems, projecting meaningless goals. if there comes a time when your stupidity decreases from a critical point, you find it unbearable to stay asleep, you clearly see the trap that is your way of processing and you seek to wake up with any cost

2 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@Breakingthewall Does awakening require to stop looking for other things?

No, you could look for business or anything. You just have to feel the inescapable need of awakening 

Message deleted.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I fixed the quoting problem in a new post.

9 hours ago, roopepa said:

@AndylizedAAY Why do you want awakening?

@roopepa Because I want to KNOW God. I want to know if God exists or not and the nature of God not just as a belief, but to become directly conscious of God because it is the meaning of life.

Ask and ye shall receive. You pursue by asking. You receive by pursing.

You pursue because You want it. Or don't if You don't.

I'd tell You it's pointless for You to think about causality or no causality at this point because in practice You get there by doing the work. Just do it. You will get insight into causality along the way.

8 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

Because I want to KNOW God. I want to know if God exists or not and the nature of God not just as a belief, but to become directly conscious of God because it is the meaning of life.

But why though? Why do you want to know god for certain, not just as belief or suspicion?

I don't buy the "because it's the meaning of life". Where have you gotten that idea from?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"