Adamq8

Life is suffering?

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Bro something you have to understand is there's no real traps because there's no real meaning or purpose to apparent reality. You simply can't go down the right or wrong path when there isn't one to begin with.

So what if someone is trying to push their beliefs and concepts on to you, you already know they're just concepts and beliefs.....

I get it, there seems to be paths closer to truth and further away from truth.....it's all BS.

The idea that there is somebody doing the right or wrong thing is the illusion of self!

The Matrix or dream story is literally the experience of being a someone going down the right or wrong path.

♥ 

Yes you can say all that on a forum but in real life ,do you live according to what you are saying here ? Probably not .

Let me tell you a little story :

A friend of mine much older than I am, once told me that he had nothing to lose and he told me the exact same thing..that nothing matters to him. The judgemental jerk that I am..decided to judge his situation. I felt he was delusional . He had his comfort zone that matters.

Often comfort zones kill motivation. Motivation to get out of the smaller comfort zone and to get into a bigger one. It basically hits the snooze button of our survival instincts. My friend had a lavish apartment, a good job, a great girlfriend, enough money to lead a very comfortable life. Life seemed great but suddenly things went haywire. he had a breakup, he was fired. His comfort zone was shattered. Initially he binge drunk his way out of depression. Somewhere between all this mayhem, he realized he had something to look forward, something to lose..his happiness. He did struggle for a good couple of years. He took professional help. He ended up in a much better position that what he was in.

Moral of the story : We all have something that matters to us..sometimes we already have them but we don't realize until we lose it. our relations, happiness, money, desires,passions. For some who haven't reached their dreams, the beauty of monotony of doing what needs to be done to get there is something that would matter to you.

Life throws you choices. Humans take decisions. Being happy is all one needs and it matters to everyone. If you are happy, you wouldn't want to try hard, if you are not, you would. 

Things wouldn't matteronly if you attained nirvana.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 10/2/2022 at 10:32 AM, Adamq8 said:

I contemplated this topic just recently and wanted to share it with you and hear your thoughts about sleep.

Is it not so that everybody loves to sleep, atleast the majority of people?

Why so? Because you disappear? 

And recognize that sleep is necessary for your survival, you are sleeping for like half your entire life more or less.

And the majority of people dislikes waking up.

What does that say about this? What do you think?

Why do we want to sleep? To cease to exist? 

Is life suffering? We want it to continue but we love to not exist at the same time, and not existing is the most pleasing " experience " we got.

its just a dream swap.  It allows you to jump dreams.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Life is suffering because a life without is your permanent state (as god). So the point of it is to feel suffering to know what it is. That’s also why your life is so real because without the delusion of life being real you can’t suffer it. Want to know how to not suffer it know your self.

that’s why the Buddha said. “enlightenment is the end of suffering”

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

1 minute ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Life is suffering because a life without is your permanent state (as god). So the point of it is to feel suffering do you know what it is. That’s also why your life is so real because without the delusion of life being real you can’t suffer it. Want to know how to not suffer it know your self.

that’s why the Buddha said. “enlightenment is the end of suffering”

you can't understand suffering until you become it. :)  That is excactly right.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's the end of suffering in the sense that it's the clear revelation that the sufferer was an illusion of self identity.

So it's not that a someone stops suffering, rather it's the end of the needy someone altogether..... it's the end of the individual needing things to be one way or another!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/2/2022 at 11:11 PM, omar30 said:

You can do astral projection.

People on this forum dont talk much about astral projections it's huge untapped potential no one is doing. 

Leo should do a video about it.

Couldn't agree more

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

suffering is the alarm system that serves to prevent you from going where you don't have to go. if you are an animal it is quite simple. if you are a human it is hugely complicated and nuanced. you basically have to be a genius to avoid it

Life is absurd.

I think life (consciousness) is a unfortunate by-product of reality.

If it wouldn't be, then there wouldn't be suffering.

And I don't think you can escape it (life/consciousness) even after death.

What a sad situation this is.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

And I don't think you can escape it (life/consciousness) even after death.

What a sad situation this is.

Oh it's much weirder than that.

There isn't even a you in which could escape it!

Nothing is actually happening even though it appears to be. 

It can't get any more absurd!

♥ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Oh it's much weirder than that.

There isn't even a you in which could escape it!

Nothing is actually happening even though it appears to be. 

It can't get any more absurd!

♥ 

No one is really applying red irons to you while you're hanging by your thumbs, but if it seems like it's happening, it's probably no comfort to you. I mean...what, according to you, is the difference between something appearing to be happening, or actually happening?  

if you are being tortured, your self will be strengthened. because the self is the energy that wants, and at that moment you will very much want to stop being tortured. then, that energy is unreal? why? there really is an energy that wants. that energy is what forms the self in all its nuances, the one that makes you think about everything you think. what you think is unreal, but the energy is very real.

Life is partly suffering. By making the choice to focus on the positive we gradually transcend it. Thats my belief.

Edited by Chrisd

13 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

No one is really applying red irons to you while you're hanging by your thumbs, but if it seems like it's happening, it's probably no comfort to you. I mean...what, according to you, is the difference between something appearing to be happening, or actually happening?  

if you are being tortured, your self will be strengthened. because the self is the energy that wants, and at that moment you will very much want to stop being tortured. then, that energy is unreal? why? there really is an energy that wants. that energy is what forms the self in all its nuances, the one that makes you think about everything you think. what you think is unreal, but the energy is very real.

Yeah the body will still experience physical pain and avoid it.....there just isn't a you inside of it doing that or experiencing anything.....it's an illusion of self!

♥