The White Belt

What Would Happen If I Reject A Spiritual Teacher's Ideals To His/her Face?

13 posts in this topic

E.G;

I go to a Buddhist monastery, because I want to spend time learning how to hold my concentration, to meditate, to contemplate etc.

This teacher tells me I need to shave my head. 

I tell them shaving the head is an unnecessary dogma that I don't believe is necessary to progress on the spiritual path and that hair growth is a product of nature.

What happens now?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

I had long hair, past my shoulders. I became a student of Buddhism. I did shave my head. That was 20 years ago. Never went back. There is a profound realization in it. Do it, that's the only way to realize it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There is a profound realization in it. Do it, that's the only way to realize it. 

....errrr...  that you can save a hell of a lot of money on shampoo??? :o

@Neo OH WATCH OUT THAT IS A DESIRE OF THE EGO! OMG SO EGOIC #STAGEorange #MATERIALISTIC #GOMEDITATEINACAVEYOUPRICK
OMG HOW UNHAPPY ARE YOU?????????????

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@BeginnerActualizer remember that the buddhist training process is based on creating a context that will provoke artificial emotional crisis in you. keep in your mind that the buddhist training process aims to weaken your sense of self, so you'll feel awkward, you'll suffer, you'll feel like you're doing everything wrong, you'll feel like a worthless piece of shit. because it's made to be that way.

some training centers require the trainees to shave their heads. others don't. you choose the intensity of the training depending on how much of you you're willing to let go.

nobody can force you to do anything. you're just fine the way you are and where you are. it's up to you if you want to undergo a certain kind of mind training process.

unborn Truth

There are even teachers that you can tell "fuck you" or "screw you" and nothing happens and both are happy. :D

1 hour ago, Martin123 said:

@BeginnerActualizer Zeus descends from the skies, smashes your head in, pukes spiritual shit into your mouth and makes you suck his dick.

Who else but @Martin123?! :x:ph34r::|xD 

Guys, please note, that this is just a fun rhetorical question. I'm not contemplating doing it, just want to hear peoples input on my silly, random thoughts ;).

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

1 hour ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

shaving the head is an unnecessary dogma that I don't believe is necessary to progress on the spiritual path

Some Hindu monk shaves his head leaving some hair on the top of the head, at the very point where the sahastrara, the seventh chakra is. I don't know any mystical reason behind it. You have to sacrifice many things on spiritual path, shaving hair is a small sacrifice. You can't expect your master to give logical reasons behind everything unless master is fully enlightened, which is very rare. 

@BeginnerActualizer

52 minutes ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

Guys, please note, that this is just a fun rhetorical question

Well on that note:

You never seen karate Kid- wax on, wax off? :D

There is a purpose in the master's teaching even if you don't see it at first.

11 hours ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

This teacher tells me I need to shave my head. 

What a wicked thing to say...

11 hours ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

What happens now?

I would immediately break into song: