Tboy

Trying to understand the reason for taking Pschadelics

19 posts in this topic

I am going to try them but there are some things I don't understand still. It seems to me the main reason people and @Leo Gura recommend them is because they show you what's possible for your life, show you the truth etc. My primary goal is healing a big trauma that appears to be blocking me from everything I want in life, can Psychadelics actually help me with that and help me truly overcome that or are they better for if I want to become enlightened? In truth, I just want to sort out my trauma, which affects my ability to connect with others, my ability to have and enjoy sex, my freedom to express myself, which is extremely important for my Life purpose. If I get those things sorted out then maybe I'll think about enlightenment but I don't feel I actually am interested in that right now at least. 

I'm sure this is asked all the time but I am still confused 

@Tboy

How could I know if eating something could help my hunger?

16 minutes ago, Tboy said:

I'll think about enlightenment but I don't feel I actually am interested in that right now at least. 

Also that sounds fear of something.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Tboy You can't even fathom yet the healing potential of psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Tboy my girlfriend had deep trauma. She tried everything out. 

Psychedelica were the real deal, according to her it saved her life, especially one 5 meo breakthrough. But She took a lot of times, just some trips will not do it, but that depends on your trauma. 

Start with soft ones like allad or lsd

@Manny Look, the trauma operates always in you. Psychedelics bring them to the surfaces. So you can experience the trauma fully and release it. So psychedelic doesnt make trauma you already have worse, it makes the opposite by releasing them. 

But be careful with psychedelics, if your dosage is too high, they can generate new trauma 

11 hours ago, Tboy said:

I just want to sort out my trauma, which affects my ability to connect with others, my ability to have and enjoy sex, my freedom to express myself, which is extremely important for my Life purpose. If I get those things sorted out then maybe I'll think about enlightenment but I don't feel I actually am interested in that right now at least. 

You may not be interested in enlightenment now, but after a good therapeutic dose of psychedelics you definitely will be. They are completely life changing. More than you can imagine.

Apparently.

@Leo Gura @RendHeaven @OBEler 

Why is there sometimes advice given against the use of psychedelics if the individual has mental illness or trauma/emotional problems?

They say that it can trigger psychosis.

But does this only happen if the individual does something wrong, like is not careful enough with the dosage or is resisting the experience when it comes up and feels uncomfortable?

It's a bit confusing that you often hear how much healing potential psychedelics have, but then also hear people advicing against them if you have emotional problems.

@Federico del pueblo Because it's unclear how a mentally unstable person will react to psychedelics. It could go great, or it could go horribly.

Such people are not known for being responsible and careful. It's like giving dynamite to a child.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Federico del pueblo people advicing against them are those Kind of people

1. who never took any psychedelic and read on mainstream Internet storys about it or

2. who are doctors who dont want to loose their reputation

3. people who tried it one time out in their youth and had then a bad trip or

4. People who know people who know a Friend which fucked up with lsd and went to psychiatry (maybe just for 1 day, next day complete normal again with New wisdom and maturity but that story they dont tell) 

Edited by OBEler

Mushrooms cured my depression (in combination with reading, qigong, working on my life and eating/ sleeping well)

5meo fell me in love with the forgiveness and understanding of all beings 

no real reason to take them. 

There are dangers as well. Like confusion and momentary short term stupidity/ forgetting so social norms. So, be careful. It’s gets better once you realize what they are actually doing.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Appreciate this guys, I think I'm gonna go get some soon and start at tiny doses. So in practical terms, would you recommend just using trauma healing techniques - journaling, contemplation, forgiveness etc. and do them on psychadelics for an enhanced heal? Obviously I would start very small with my doses.

Still trying to understand practically how they help me?

@Tboy starting low is good, then rais up to normal dose. You need probably many many trips in normal dosages. 

Psychedelics help you in the way that they remove concepts and let you relax. So that you now are in a save space and  your body has finally room for inner healing activity.

Your body has a very deep intelligence, which wants to heal you too. On psychedelic, this body intelligence will do it's work. All you need to do is let it do it's work. No extra exercises needed. Just sit and let it happen. 

If you still feel thats not enough then include trauma healing techniques during the trip. 

Before and after the trip these techniques will be of course very good. 

Edited by OBEler

11 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Tboy starting low is good, then rais up to normal dose. You need probably many many trips in normal dosages. 

Psychedelics help you in the way that they remove concepts and let you relax. So that you now are in a save space and  your body has finally room for inner healing activity.

Your body has a very deep intelligence, which wants to heal you too. On psychedelic, this body intelligence will do it's work. All you need to do is let it do it's work. No extra exercises needed. Just sit and let it happen. 

If you still feel thats not enough then include trauma healing techniques during the trip. 

Before and after the trip these techniques will be of course very good. 

appreciate it, when you say let it happen, do you mean feel everything as much as you can or just sit normally and role with the punches

@Tboy the body does it's thing. If you get panic, know that this is ok and will be over in some minutes. 

Everything is fine, if you can look at emotions directly and experience it fully, this would be good of course. Dont expect bliss. Let happen what happens

I have been using “psychedelics” for healing for about three years.  I would like to offer a contrarian view to the hype.   First, they work differently for every person so it is hard to generalize.  I have seen people who take ayahuasca once and then say they don’t need it anymore.  Other people go to ceremonies for years and nothing happens.  Be careful about the hype.  A popular one is that “ayahausca (or insert your favorite psychedelic) is worth 15 years of therapy”.  These statements are obviously just marketing slogans.  This is what happens when business gets involved.  The other factor is that most people conducting ceremonies are facilitators.  That means they are responsible for delivering the medicine and providing a safe space.  But they don’t have a clue about healing or therapy.  Thus, you are basically on your own.  The other factor is that psychedelics create an illusion of “deepness”, that something is really happening, when it is just triggering your imagination.  It takes a strong intention to direct the mind to deeper knowledge and healing.  Lastly, I would encourage you to start your healing now even if you don’t have access to them.  You don’t need them.  Have a meditation and mindfulness practice.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I have been using “psychedelics” for healing for about three years.  I would like to offer a contrarian view to the hype.   First, they work differently for every person so it is hard to generalize.  I have seen people who take ayahuasca once and then say they don’t need it anymore.  Other people go to ceremonies for years and nothing happens.  Be careful about the hype.  A popular one is that “ayahausca (or insert your favorite psychedelic) is worth 15 years of therapy”.  These statements are obviously just marketing slogans.  This is what happens when business gets involved.  The other factor is that most people conducting ceremonies are facilitators.  That means they are responsible for delivering the medicine and providing a safe space.  But they don’t have a clue about healing or therapy.  Thus, you are basically on your own.  The other factor is that psychedelics create an illusion of “deepness”, that something is really happening, when it is just triggering your imagination.  It takes a strong intention to direct the mind to deeper knowledge and healing.  Lastly, I would encourage you to start your healing now even if you don’t have access to them.  You don’t need them.  Have a meditation and mindfulness practice.  

thanks,  appreciate your thoughts, looking for different views on it. Have started healing already, I journal to understand my trauma and do exercises around that, I do a forgiveness journaling exercise, I have a daily satisfaction meditation practice and another shorter breathing exercise for feeling grounded and safe. So doing a lot of stuff but was astonished at how much Leo started stressing psychedelic so am intrigued to try them to see if they can help me heal my main trauma. 

I've found psychedelics can be excellent for temporarily seeing outside your current frame, and also revealing where the big blocks are underneath the "issues" you may be consciously aware of, since they disrupt psychic censorship and mental patterns. That can sometimes be enough to heal through acceptance and recognition, or at least give a starting place for more focused sober approaches. I've found that without some help from the "psychic x-rays" I got from psychedelics, my sober approaches like journaling often centered on wrong assumptions, and as a result, often went in circles. 

As far as enlightenment - and of course, depending on how you define it - I've found that even total mystical union experiences brought on by psychedelics still have the traps of duality, since as infinite as they seem, they still come and go, and it's easy to get attached to them. Still, my first glimpse of non-dual perception (I've only had glimpses) came all of a sudden in a super intense ayahuasca ceremony, so who really knows... There's lots of potential in them, but no guarantees.