Matthew85

What do you know for certain about consciousness and reality?

52 posts in this topic

Not speculation or parroting of ideas and belief's you read or heard from others. What truths or insights have you personally awakened to and verified enough that you are now completely solid in their truth?

If you can share your method for receiving your insight's, that would also be helpful. Thank you!

One of my own is that consciousness is not generated by the brain. I became certain of this after many out of body experiences. 

That it's just what seems to be happening!  

It's not that consciousness or awareness doesn't seem to be happening, it's that there isn't a real self experiencing it.... the experiencer is the illusion of separation! 

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

it's that there isn't a real self experiencing it.... the experiencer is the illusion of separation! 

Thank you. If you feel there isn't a self, what do feel your awareness that is experiencing is? 

14 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Thank you. If you feel there isn't a self, what do feel your awareness that is experiencing is? 

Don't let him trap you, experience is self, everything is self. The illusion is the separate self, not the illusion of a self. Reality is everything. So its both a self and no self.

Ever experience sleep without a dream? Notice? You didn't exist. There was no feeling, no sight, no sound, nothing, not even darkness...there was literally nothing. AND YOU WOKE UP! Well if you woke up, then that means you were still aware. So what was that, that was aware of nothing, of non-existence? The self. 

What is self? Awareness. You cannot recall a memory of something prior into the present...if you were not aware. This means you are always aware...even when you are no aware. At Death you will unify all that you forgot into one singularity. Because even unconscious awareness is awareness.

What is knowledge? Recognition. Recognition of what? Of self. When you learn anything you are just recalling the knowledge of your self. What is self? Identification. So how could I learn you Matthew85 at the highest level? To BECOME YOU. So if the boundary between you and me collapses we become ONE and then we KNOW each other completely with no boundaries. Because there never were boundaries.

So knowledge is the dissolution of boundaries, to become one with self, which is self love which is why self-love is the highest teaching.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

20 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I understand, you grew up in a world that told you "What do you know?" "What makes you think you are special?" Truthfully that last one...was a very ignorant question. By virtue of you existing you are special. This is not some woo, woo, hurrah, hurrah everybody is special statement this is undeniably true. You are the one creation that will exist the way you are....ever....there will never be another creation...just like you. So what that means is you can offer a perspective, which is really just a spin, a different way of observing and expressing that will unique among an infinite amount of expressions possible. I mean...who couldn't see your potential for greatness? There can only BE YOU!!!

So once you understand this, take a bow, nobody can beat you in the competition of being you. You were never competing with anyone, comparison is delusion how can you compare something that is a unique expression? Should a blind man compare himself to someone with sight? Should a victim of bullying compare himself to someone who was popular growing up? Can you even gain anything from this? There is a famous phrase "Comparison is the thief of all joy." Of course it is, all delusion is. When you realize you live in a world chock full of delusion, fads, trends, mass programming into normalcy, and even the counter cultures end of following the same system when they go mainstream. They are packaged and presented to you in a specific way to entice you, they need you to buy in so they can rob you of your unique expression.

Its like spending time creating a unique story character, and then allowing publishers to turn that character into a "cliche." Picture somebody trying to create Mario today instead of the 80's. You tell someone you want to make a short Italian Plumber who is going to jump on top of people to defeat them and jump into giant pipes to traverse the various stages and he will eat a flower to shoot fireballs....they will laugh you out of their office and tell you nobody would play a game with a character like that.

But what does someone who understands their value do? They push on, and by them pushing on they present a blueprint we can all follow. For every excuse you give yourself for not expressing your talents there is another person who had more and stronger excuses that proved you wrong. There are no excuses, only fears. Its okay, those fears you have were given to you, they didn't enter when you popped up that happened afterwards.

Expressing yourself and believing that self-expression is worth something is a tricky thing, if you do it for money you will become a sell-out, if you do it for popularity (views) you become hostage to the opinions of others, if you do it for yourself then you do it for the love of doing it which will make it the most authentic expression you can have of yourself.

So ask yourself...your life is ticking down...everyday... do you have it in you to express yourself in the only way you can? In a way that is specific to your sensibilities and perspective? Or will you deny the world of your magnificence and then judge it as the one blocking you illuminating it with your brilliance? Its like you handcuff yourself and then blame the handcuffs for holding you back.

In the words of Eminem "You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

I'll edit this....the opportunity is YOUR WHOLE life time. But....that life...will be a blip in the radar of infinity...so...don't let it slip by. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Honestly a lot of things, but most of them are related things or different facets of the same truth.

Some of the most important ones would be that everything is Love, I am God (alongside everything else), and everything is absolutely one. I consider these three (which are actually the same thing) to be probably the most important insights I have had. There is no oneness without love, and no God without oneness. Most of my other realizations that I have also realized in different ways could actually be derived from this one truth. I could go on and on about different facets like infinity, infinite intelligence, how everything is beautiful, and so on, but I'm going to not going to make a list for now.

Another interesting one would be that there is nothing outside of direct experience, and I mean absolutely nothing.

Something that I haven't seen much is that consciousness itself is infinite bliss. It is not a neutral thing, but absolutely positive. Just like it is infinitely beautiful, for God, it is also infinitely blissful. 

A less profound one, but one that is a bit funny, is that you do not really have a head, it is not in your direct experience.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

14 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Well it's not actually a feeling, it's more like a clear recognition that the "sense of self" within the body isn't a real thing. 

It's the bodily sensations and conditioning which seem to make up this important experience called life. 

Without the conditioning saying it's this or it's that,.....it's just an empty appearance seemingly happening for no one.

It's full and it's empty!

♥ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

39 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

So its both a self and no self.

Nah bro that's just spiritual ego which simply can't fathom its own unreality!

Enlightenment has nothing to do with learning a bunch of spiritual concepts/beliefs and attempting to make sense of it while convincing apparent others of its truth. 

It's the end of those attempts through the clear recognition that the attemptor was never real from the start!

The biggest problem for the ego is death, so it will create any kind of delusion in which it can convince itself of its eternal existence!

And the cosmic joke is it's already not real!

♥ 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

The illusion is the separate self, not the illusion of a self. Reality is everything. So its both a self and no self.

This may be a semantic issue only.

The idea of a "self" seems like a potentially confusing or limiting label when referencing infinity. Words like infinity, God, appearance seem more apt. The word "self" conjures up the notion of a self relative to other.

There is the appearance. If that is what you are referring to when you use the word "self" then that is correct.

The appearance is not conscious. To be conscious implies duality (being conscious *of* a thing, or of itself). 

But it is already obvious from awakening that all consciousness is simply a misapprehension / co-opting of appearance.

God, infinity undivided.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

I am the totality of existence. Not me, the person who is writing, that is a construction. What i really am. immeasurable, incomprehensible, happy beyond imagination, absolutely free

Now

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@VeganAwake 2 questions. Are you? In case affirmative. what are you? I think the problem here, as axiom mentioned, is semantic. 

Don't waste your time, they will awaken when the avatar is gone lol.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 hours ago, amanen said:

Another interesting one would be that there is nothing outside of direct experience, and I mean absolutely nothing.

Thank you for sharing your insights. 

Is your definition of direct experience only what our human perceptions are aware of?

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I am the totality of existence. Not me, the person who is writing, that is a construction. What i really am. immeasurable, incomprehensible, happy beyond imagination, absolutely free

@Breakingthewall Do you mind sharing how you came to this insight?

Some would say you are always the totality of existence even when you are imagining being limited. You are God imagining you are limited and finite. I think this is Leo's perspective as well. Leo, correct me if I am wrong. 

29 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Do you mind sharing how you came to this insight?

Doing 5 meo many times . I explained it sometime. It is usually vaping like 15 mg and having a pretty horrible experience, there is no me, there is nothing, the reality is absolute emptiness, bottomless, dead. then again, 18 mg , I return to the void, to the total depth, in the void existence is revealed. it's me, total, unimaginable, unfathomable. what was always. absolute freedom, absolute joy. Absolute everything. there is no loneliness, there is totality, there is recognition, there is the greatest possible happiness, it is beyond any expectation. there is understanding. burst. It is reality when nothing veils it. The veil is me. It's a shit to live being blind to that. Sometimes I'm blind, sometimes not so. you see what makes the door close or open, and you orient yourself to the latter. Only that is happiness, life. everything else is misery .

What totally escape to my understanding is why I'm limited now, how, what are the others, what is that experience. I'm contemplating all time. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 hours ago, axiom said:

The word "self" conjures up the notion of a self relative to other.

How does the word self conjure up the notion of a self relative to other any more than infinity? You do realize infinity...is the largest plurality that can ever be right? So how do you think self can conjure relativity and not infinity? 

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Well it's not actually a feeling, it's more like a clear recognition that the "sense of self" within the body isn't a real thing. 

It's the bodily sensations and conditioning which seem to make up this important experience called life. 

Without the conditioning saying it's this or it's that,.....it's just an empty appearance seemingly happening for no one.

It's full and it's empty!

@VeganAwake Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience. 

I would describe it differently. What I am calling self is the awareness that is experiencing. This awareness can be limited and finite or everything and gradations in between. But it can never be extinguished. Although it's not incorrect to call this awareness nothing, that isn't entirely correct. It's nothing that is something. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@VeganAwake Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience. 

I would describe it differently. What I am calling self is the awareness that is experiencing. This awareness can be limited and finite or everything and gradations in between. But it can never be extinguished. Although it's not incorrect to call this awareness nothing, that isn't entirely correct. It's nothing that is something. 

There you go, you got it!!!