Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holykael

Debunking the selfless God

16 posts in this topic

How is god selfless when the world runs on scarcity. God is selfish, it withholds the abundance of infinity from its creation. People are left to starve and homeless when resources could be generated instantly by infinity. God is the grand architect of selfishness, it's not the ego. The ego has no power, the ego is not withholding abundance from anyone, god is. 

God is the devil. God is no loving being. God is a devil.

I'm not sure why you think these thoughts but maybe see them for what they are.... Thoughts?

The more selfless I've become, the more I realize God is Love. 

God is fucking Love people.

32 minutes ago, Holykael said:

God is selfish, it withholds the abundance of infinity from its creation.

This "abundance of infinity" is new to me. I can't recall infinity being used to mean that god can do anything at any moment. There is infinite detail and complexity in the universe, and our consciousness is infinitely deep and divine.

Edited by OnePointTwo

6 minutes ago, OnePointTwo said:

This "abundance of infinity" is new to me. I can't recall infinity being used to mean that god can do anything at any moment. There is infinite detail and complexity in the universe, and our consciousness is infinitely deep and divine.

God is willing everything into existence as is. It could will everything differently instantly as well. God is doing whatever it wants and this is the result.

God doesn't exist .

You do. 

And you are completely lost in fantasy land with this whole god/infinity  business. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Holykael said:

God is willing everything into existence as is. It could will everything differently instantly as well. God is doing whatever it wants and this is the result.

There have to be rules to existence, otherwise everything would be white noise, static. And whenever there are rules, there will be positions which could be considered good or bad.

Imagine you're playing a game of chess, and your opponent puts the knight into a position where it has no escape; that's pretty dire for the knight, it's doomed to die as soon as it moves. But if there was a way to prevent your pieces from ever being taken, the game wouldn't work, nobody would play chess, and it would cease to exist. Similarly, if you could prevent people from being born into an unfortunate life, existence wouldn't work.

There are some basic rules to existence, which is what science has been able to discover. What science has no clue about, are the positions and tactics of the game. The question is, will you learn the tactics and fight for good, or spend all of your time paralyzed by the possibilities?

Edited by OnePointTwo

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

God doesn't exist .

You do. 

And you are completely lost in fantasy land with this whole god/infinity  business. 

God exists. It wrote your comment and is controlling my body. The formless is immortal and immutable, it can't go anywhere. It's always static in the same place generating the world of appearances. This is a futile effort but at least I get to vent out my frustration with existence 

Lol God must be hoarding infinity for itself 

God is selfless because it is all things. Finite resources and “earth” is just a dream you as God is having. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Holykael

Trust me bro.im trying to help you  .i was in your shoes once  .and I successfully overcome my existential crisis. You are having an existential crisis. 

There are two main reasons why people tend to have existential crises..and neither has much to do with Existentialism. Deep questions about meaning and existence are important, but we were built to function without having answers to them. Which means when these mysteries truly hinder someone, something is wrong. And the fix isn't answering the unanswerable.

Have you ever seen "Annie Hall"? The boy in it is depressed. His mother takes him to the doctor, and the doctor asks him what's wrong. The kid answers, "The Universe is expanding." He then goes on to explain that one day it will expand so much that everything will be pulled apart and destroyed. So, in a Universe like that, what's the point of anything?

When I was in my teens and early twenties, I related to the kid's angst about meaninglessness. When I got older an re-watched the movie, I noticed that the kid was living in poverty and his parents were constantly fighting. He wasn't unhappy because the Universe was expanding. He was unhappy because real nuts-and-bolts things in his life were screwed up. He couldn't solve those "trivial" problems so he turned them into something epic--something operatic--in his mind so at least his unsolvable problems wouldn't be hum-drum.

It's very similar to how we often cope with real-life problems by watching superhero movies or listening to bombastic music. It elevates our animal problems to mythic status. It's not us; it's the universe. It's cosmic!

I love Philosophy, so I don't want to come across as saying, "Your life has no meaning? What a bunch of flapdoodle! Just go get laid!" I take existential problems seriously. However, I'll reiterate that healthy people with met needs have built-in mechanisms to be content without solving these huge, mysterious problems.

So, here are some  possible reasons why, in my guess, you're worried about these matters at all :

You have some very down-to-Earth needs that aren't being met. For most people, these are concerns about safety, intimacy (sex, friendship, love, etc), worries about a sick loved one, financial concerns, social status, safety, and so on. Take a good look at what's going well in your life and what's not going well..in terms of these "banal," everyday issues. You don't get to move on to "the Universe is expanding" (or whatever) until you've eliminate the following.

- Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend (or whatever you want in this regard)?

- Are you sexually satisfied?

- Do you have any health concerns?

- Are you at all worried about money?

- Are you worried about someone you care about?

- Are you worried about being abandoned? Have you been abandoned?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

ask yourself, do you live in scarcity mindset or abundance mindset

why do you do this

4 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

ask yourself, do you live in scarcity mindset or abundance mindset

why do you do this

He does it because he loves it. He gets attention when he whines that is why he does it. This means he is not getting the attention he desires in his personal life and so he dumps his complaints here to get the positive attention he desires.

He denies his own ability to give himself that attention and relies on "others" to give it to him. Have you all not realized he has brought you into this circle to feed him? He knows you all care about him and uses that to post over and over how depressed he is and you all come to the rescue.

Even I am getting caught in this nonsense because I care too. He is so selfish he doesn't realize that his problems influence others. If God isn't love then why is he whining and complaining? If Love didn't exist nobody would respond to him. They would ignore him.

He knows what he is saying is B.S. he just enjoys playing this character and that is why he does it. We all enjoy trying to help him, because we don't like to see others suffer. So that is the egoic game being played right now. The victim and those who want to help/save the victim.

I wonder how long this is going to keep going until the game stops being fun?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Notice this: The OP's complaints are a cry for love. All your responses are your attempt to answer the call and provide love. OP then refuses your attempts and then claims a lack of love.

Ironic much? LOL.

Its why I always say, suffering is a choice. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

33 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

He does it because he loves it. He gets attention when he whines that is why he does it. This means he is not getting the attention he desires in his personal life and so he dumps his complaints here to get the positive attention he desires.

He denies his own ability to give himself that attention and relies on "others" to give it to him. Have you all not realized he has brought you into this circle to feed him? He knows you all care about him and uses that to post over and over how depressed he is and you all come to the rescue.

Even I am getting caught in this nonsense because I care too. He is so selfish he doesn't realize that his problems influence others. If God isn't love then why is he whining and complaining? If Love didn't exist nobody would respond to him. They would ignore him.

He knows what he is saying is B.S. he just enjoys playing this character and that is why he does it. We all enjoy trying to help him, because we don't like to see others suffer. So that is the egoic game being played right now. The victim and those who want to help/save the victim.

I wonder how long this is going to keep going until the game stops being fun?

I am not talking about myself in these last 2 topics. Im talking metaphysics, I know that nothing can be done about my personal situation here. Im challenging what Leo teaches by providing counter examples. I think it's just glossed over by everyone how much of a bastard god is. You all about God and praising it but you overlook all the darkness. Im trying to set the record straight about the horribleness of god. I don't dispute that there is beauty but it's a beauty corrupted by suffering and masochism.

You are not conscious of what "selflessness" is referring to. You are just ruminating on some conception of "selflessness," that you have arrived at intellectually. This is self-evident from your analysis, so dont bother arguing with me.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I think the Bible would be a better fit for you, you're looking for something to believe in. You'd be better off with scriptures etc to just follow.

I went through a phase where I felt very angry at God. You can't change God or others. You can change only yourself. I recommend this short article: 

Whose Business Are You In?

Don't empower yourself to change others or God. The ego is powerless, and that's the reason why it's so angry. Empower yourself to change yourself.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins