Brent Rothwell

How Do You Deal With False Accusations When Doing Pickup?

36 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, integral said:

i'm getting the impression that the majority of the people commenting here have never done pick up. 

I've done it but I don't really view it as pickup. I keep all my 'approaching' to places where it's pretty much socially acceptable like clubs. It doesn't even feel like doing an approach there, it just feels like meeting lots of new people. My personal opinion is that hardcore daygame is a bit scummy/cringy, but I argued that point on another thread to death already.

@Brent Rothwell Alright mate, I've been in pick up for over ten years and seen it all. What I can say is most of game is learning socail intelligence, you won't really have these problems the more you gain socail awareness of situations and strong empathy. I only had problems like this when I first started out, now I don't have these problems. I do have a few rules though. 

- Never approach infront of police unless I'm in an amazing mood. I did it recently and the police clapped as I got her number but I only did it because I felt great inside. 

- In high pressured socail situations like trains disarm it and call it out. After your opener say "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable I know this is abit forward so just let me know" or just don't go super direct, gage the vibe and go indirect, if she likes you most of the time you can read it. part of being socailly aware is being able to read how a person is feeling smd calibrate your approach to that. 

-if they not intrested leave immediately and try leave with a posative vibe maybe make a joke. 

-smile, if you have a straight face while approaching you will look to others as a psycho. 

7 hours ago, something_else said:

I've done it but I don't really view it as pickup. I keep all my 'approaching' to places where it's pretty much socially acceptable like clubs. It doesn't even feel like doing an approach there, it just feels like meeting lots of new people. My personal opinion is that hardcore daygame is a bit scummy/cringy, but I argued that point on another thread to death already.

approaching women is the most natural thing in the world regardless of where and when if you have high socail calibration. One of my old friends pretty much pioneered daygame, his name is Yad and he comes off natural you wouldn't even think he is hitting on the girl. No one bats an eyelid. good seduction goes undetected. Also women looove being approach if done well, its like right out of a movie. prob is learning it is fucking hard and you have to have horrible sitiations like the OP to deal with before you become natural I guess

20 minutes ago, Globalcollective said:

approaching women is the most natural thing in the world regardless of where and when if you have high socail calibration. One of my old friends pretty much pioneered daygame, his name is Yad and he comes off natural you wouldn't even think he is hitting on the girl. No one bats an eyelid. good seduction goes undetected. Also women looove being approach if done well, its like right out of a movie. prob is learning it is fucking hard and you have to have horrible sitiations like the OP to deal with before you become natural I guess

I think it depends a lot on the look of the guy. If the guy looked incredibly sexy I wouldn't mind even if he grabbed my arm. But if he came to me looking like this guy(below) then I'm gonna freak out. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I think it depends a lot on the look of the guy. If the guy looked incredibly sexy I wouldn't mind even if he grabbed my arm. But if he came to me looking like this guy(below) then I'm gonna freak out. 

that guy is completely socially uncalibrated. Yad the guy who I mentioned was very unattractive and was phenomenal at approaching women, we can theorize all we want but when you get out there and see it happening you will realise how important vibe, strong frame and high socail intelligence are. If done correctly you won't get to many bad reactions just a few polite no's here and there. 

@Globalcollective That woman judge on the left is really unprofessional and rude. Who the fuck does she think she is?

"I don't care what the people know! The world's going to end in a month or so..."

@Globalcollective to be frank the guy was actually being sweet. He might have that night stalker appearance but he was still polite. Not that socially uncalibrated. The judges judged him simply for his appearance and exhaustion. He was a bit whiny but who doesn't have minor flaws. 

In my opinion, they roughed him up pretty bad. He was legitimate with his anger... 

But still... Appearance is a big deal. Cruel world.. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

On 8/21/2022 at 3:01 AM, Brent Rothwell said:

I was just trying to be friendly and one of the girls interrupts me and shouts out "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" with an aggressive tone of voice.

Ignore and go about your day.

If you talk to 1000s of people you will occasionally get some very negative reactions that have nothing to do with you.

Then again, if you're being particularly awkward and creepy, then stop doing that. Basically you need better social calibration.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

38 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Globalcollective to be frank the guy was actually being sweet. He might have that night stalker appearance but he was still polite. Not that socially uncalibrated. The judges judged him simply for his appearance and exhaustion. He was a bit whiny but who doesn't have minor flaws. 

In my opinion, they roughed him up pretty bad. He was legitimate with his anger... 

But still... Appearance is a big deal. Cruel world.. 

he is not even that bad looking, some girls would love him. I think he might have a condition like autism or asperger's which yes can creep people out. The point is if your talking to random strangers the most improtant aspect is your vibe, socail awareness and frame. Go cold approach 5000 people and see for yourself. I once dressed as a tramp and still got loads of dates from random girls, I even have it on video and also my friend who was pretty much the pioneer of daygame was very unattractive. remember experience is key, go see for yourself. 

@Globalcollective

27 minutes ago, Globalcollective said:

he is not even that bad looking, some girls would love him. I think he might have a condition like autism or asperger's which yes can creep people out. The point is if your talking to random strangers the most improtant aspect is your vibe, socail awareness and frame. Go cold approach 5000 people and see for yourself. I once dressed as a tramp and still got loads of dates from random girls, I even have it on video and also my friend who was pretty much the pioneer of daygame was very unattractive. remember experience is key, go see for yourself. 

I agree, I intuitively felt that he has some minor form of autism or aspergers to not be able to quickly pick up that he's attitude has effected the social dynamics pf that situation. Some people just also have low social intelligence as well, that could develop over time.

@Brent Rothwell

On 8/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, Brent Rothwell said:

I was on a quiet but crowded train today heading home when out of nowhere a beautiful girl suddenly gets on board and sits in a vacant seat nearby.
I instantly get up knowing that it's now or never and make my way over to her and begin my approach. I politely tell her that I think she's very pretty and that I'd like to know if she'd be interested in dating me, she responds by
saying "ok".

So I sit next to her and try to start a conversation but she's only responding with short one-word answers and there is a small crowd of people on the train looking at us at the same time which is creating a lot of tension. Shortly after I realize that this conversation is going nowhere because the girl is hardly responding so I leave the interaction and walk over to the exit to get off the train but while I'm waiting at the exit for the doors to open I notice a group of girls coming over to the girl that I was just talking to and asking her if she was ok. They were also giving me these horrible looks as well like I just did something horrible. I then realized that they think that I'm a bad guy so I try to approach the group and tell them that I was just trying to be friendly and one of the girls interrupts me and shouts out "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" with an aggressive tone of voice.

Now I'm really worried that they are going to report me to the police and accuse me of sexual harassment or assault. And if it doesn't happen then I'm worried that I'm going to eventually get a criminal record if I continue doing pickup. 

This is only what happens in an extreme minority of approaches though, it's important for me to point that out.

So far I've done about 350 approaches since I started doing this about a year and a half ago. The vast majority of my cold approaches go well, where I go in direct and politely state my intentions and the girl usually smiles and continues talking in some cases, or in most cases says "thank you but I've
got a boyfriend", and so I say ok and move on. 

However, a very small minority of approaches go catastrophically wrong like this one and I get a hostile reaction either from the girl or from the surrounding audience and I'm finding it so hard to deal with.
This is because it seems completely unavoidable, it's like a mathematical certainty that if you keep approaching more and more women you will eventually approach the wrong person at the wrong time with dire consequences.

During my first 100 approaches for example I tried approaching a girl that was standing at the entrance of the city's central station. I thought this would be a good spot to approach because it has high foot traffic. But as I make my way over to her a group of police officers that were patrolling the area coincidentally walked around the corner that was right behind where the girl was standing. I decide to go ahead with the approach anyway and they responded by stopping what they were doing and watched me very closely, then right after I politely introduced myself to the girl they quickly marched over and stood in between me and
the girl and started acting very hostile and aggressive toward me. 

Accusing me of making the girl uncomfortable. Luckily I didn't get arrested or charged but these hostile interactions, are extremely stressful and the other people involved don't care about seeing things from your point of view and instead think that you are just a criminal.

Maybe do less day game, and do more night game and go to clubs. Ideally, go to Las Vegas or other cities where night life is acceptable, you won't have too much problem as the environment is designed for that and more, so in most cases cold approaching during nights are acceptable.

Day games are so much harder than night games, as you really got to be quick in recognizing body language, tonality and communication style quickly, and hook quickly, because unlike night time, day time is when most people are busier and are more self conscious.

47 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Globalcollective

I agree, I intuitively felt that he has some minor form of autism or aspergers to not be able to quickly pick up that he's attitude has effected the social dynamics pf that situation. Some people just also have low social intelligence as well, that could develop over time.

Guys like that don't succeed socially. They end up pissing off people even without not wanting to. Social calibration is a huge measure for attraction. 

A girl feels embarrassed if her potential boyfriend is not socially calibrated. It's the logical equivalent of a man walking with an angry woman. 

♡✸♡.

@Tyler Robinson The guy in the video did exactly the opposite of what you should do in social interactions.

When you want to have a good time you assume everyone likes you.

From what he said you could quickly see that he thought the others where a threat. And he needed to justify and explain to them.

If you want to make a better impression always assume whatever the other person is asking is in good faith and they already like you.

@Tyler Robinson

12 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Guys like that don't succeed socially. They end up pissing off people even without not wanting to. Social calibration is a huge measure for attraction. 

A girl feels embarrassed if her potential boyfriend is not socially calibrated. It's the logical equivalent of a man walking with an angry woman. 

Yes, I agreed already. I'm just saying that social intelligence is both nature and nurture. So, to most people and OP, nurture social intelligence.

9 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

I went on reddit and girls in the "askwomen" forum think if you do a direct approach then you are creepy.

Reddit is not a good resource, women on reddit will basically say all types of approaches are harassment.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, Aleister Crowleyy said:

You must be socially calibrated and use an indirect approach. Use the whole "your pretty" nonsense for the clubs. Day game you have to be a fucking ninja my friend. You must establish premise in a more subtle manner. 😉

Sounds pretty complicated for the most basic act responsible for the existence of every human on earth.

The hunt for pussy is supposed to feel natural and fun. Not like navigating through a minefield.