Questioner

Why I'm Real

40 posts in this topic

If I am just imaginary then you should be able to stop imagining me. But I am not imaginary which is why you can't stop imagining me because you aren't imagining me. Just try to stop imagining me... You can't.

Well, I can because your not in my direct experience it’s just words. 

The word imaginary is often used sloppily in deeper teachings also… 

When God imagines something it’s REAL. Like, when God imagined a human experience in a finite universe. Once that’s locked in.. it’s so.

God isn’t a person. Asking another person who is in your dream to do things is silly. No one can stop imagining you. Because you are absolute. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

42 minutes ago, Questioner said:

But I am not imaginary 

Depends on what you call "I".

If the "I" you speak of is the thing you see every time you look in the mirror, that's certainly imaginary.

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Well, I can because your not in my direct experience it’s just words. 

The word imaginary is often used sloppily in deeper teachings also… 

When God imagines something it’s REAL. Like, when God imagined a human experience in a finite universe. Once that’s locked in.. it’s so.

God isn’t a person. Asking another person who is in your dream to do things is silly. No one can stop imagining you. Because you are absolute. 

I am not the words you see but these are my real words.

Edited by Questioner

@Questioner obviously 

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Questioner obviously 

Then why do you think you are imagining me or my words? These are my real words.

44 minutes ago, Questioner said:

If I am just imaginary then you should be able to stop imagining me.

How do you know that? cAn yOu PrOVe iT? You just project certain beliefs and assumptions, aka your limited understanding of the world, on stuff you heard some random person on the internet say. Does anyone REALLY have to tell you that there is no point in that?

beep boop

@Questioner Because reality is imagination. 

But, are you capable of having a deep conversation about the layers of imagination and that that word is used in different contexts? Doubt it.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Questioner Then what are you?

◭"89"

@Questioner Listen I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible so you can understand: There are hundreds of possible answers I could think of to all of your questions. Some include that reality isn't imaginary, some include that it is. The truth is that you're stuck in your perceptions and beliefs of reality and can't actually tell for a fact what's true. So instead of attacking some random ass thing people on this forum say, actually sit down and think of possible explanations for your questions. The point isn't to actually arrive at some truth, but to become aware of the many possible answers for your questions, that lie outside of your current understanding of reality. Just open your mind up to the possibility, that you don't know the correct answers. That's perfectly fine. You don't have to be a perfect little soldier that knows all the answers. Just let go of that bs and accept that, maybe everyone is wrong in saying that all of this is imaginary, or maybe they're right. There could be tons of explanations and rationalizations for both, but in the end it doesn't matter. What matters it that there is always a possibility that you don't see a little, yet important, fact which could change your perceptions on these things. So instead of trying to debunk everyone, try debunking your own bs. For yourself. Not me, not Leo or whoever. Just you. That's all you can do and that will get you further with these questions than whatever it is that you're doing now.

beep boop

44 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Depends on what you call "I".

If the "I" you speak of is the thing you see every time you look in the mirror, that's certainly imaginary.

It's not that the conditioned body and the mirror are imaginary.......it's the sense of self within the body or as the controller of the body which is imaginary. The body is completely empty actually, there isn't anyone inside of it.

The apparent individual which could get offended or hurt by someone calling it a jackass ........that's the illusion of self!

There's no one really in there!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Questioner said:

If I am just imaginary then you should be able to stop imagining me. But I am not imaginary which is why you can't stop imagining me because you aren't imagining me. Just try to stop imagining me... You can't.

You can stop imagining you, then you see that there never even was one, and that you don't even exist. That is awakening.

If im imaginary and you tell me to stop imagining you is funny, because you ask too much of an imaginary person to do i mean in term of logic is pointless ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I think you are "real" in that you are a soul, a partition, a bubble of consciousness connected to the main source that we all are - that your experiences are valid, that you of course live your own life.  But the ego, the memories and experiences that make up the story of who you are, are not real.  They are figments created to give you a sense of reality so that you can make your way through the world.

In my experiences, God made itself - but it split itself into an uncountable amount of different consciousnesses, all existing within nothing at all, but connected to the main source.  So we are all one, but we still have our own bubbles of perception.

As far as I’m concerned I’ve barely began imagining you, never mind stopping imagining you. To me you have no form, and likely never will. Nothing more than a mere member name. Everything I possibly think about you, other than the member name you use on here, is completely and totally in my imagination. Yet even that is so strong in itself it takes some powerful deconstruction to realise, that everything I hold about what you are is purely imaginary. And if you were actually in front of me a solidified human being, other than the form itself of you, everything I think I might know of you, is still purely imaginary. Just what I’m perceiving you to be from my perspective. Go even deeper and even that form is realised to be completely imaginary, including my own, and everything else about me

13 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

You can stop imagining you, then you see that there never even was one, and that you don't even exist. That is awakening.

How can I stop imagining myself if I don't exist? This is broken logic.

Edited by Questioner

20 minutes ago, Questioner said:

How can I stop imagining myself if I don't exist? This is broken logic.

Your existence is fiction. Go stare at a flower and find where the you is in that. It's just not there... What is called experiencing does not need you present at all. Experiencing is also a fiction since that would mean an experience and experiencer split, when the experiencer does not exist and never did. That's the ego trick.

Reality is not painted with a substance plus the phenomena it takes the form of. Mentally pull the brush tip across blank white and have it paint the sound of a violin directly onto the page. No middle-man. The sound of the violin is what is. Not consciousness not you not God.

Edited by RMQualtrough